IGNORED

Another one bites the dust, I'm not Ventureriders anymore.

The Tooch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lop eared :stirthepot: biker teasing no :photographing:'s sharing Canuckian varmint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_lurker:

Only two more days and we FINALLY get to see and hear all about it - RIGHT:mad:?

Congrats brother! Cant WAIT to see what your getting!!:thumbsup:

I hate stealer!!!

When I 1st started talking to the sales guy at the Yamaha dealership and I said I had a trade, I knew I could make more money selling the RSV private but I didn't want the hassle, so I knew I was taking a haircut. I was up front and told him there was nothing wrong with it but it would need new tires. In fact if it did need anything it was under warranty till Nov. 2017. He said that was fine and we worked out a deal I could live with.

I dropped off the RSV yesterday and when the salesman saw it he said, "Wow that really shines it looks perfect." He told me my new bike would be ready Fri. And we worked out a time for me to come pick it up. I paid in full the difference for the new one.

You'll never guess......he called me today and said the tires on my RSV needed to be replaced. But he had worked out a good deal for me and the parts guys would sell me new ones at cost and the service department would put them on, NO CHARGE. He wanted x number of dollars for the tires.....I can't tell you how much he said cause I had all ready figured out where he was going and had shut down my added cost listening skills! I said, NO! He said, "Well can we work something out can you meet me half way?" ( He gave me some number but again I wasn't listening.) He actually said, (And I love it when they give you this line!) "I'm on YOUR side here. I just need to come up with something to make them happy."

I told him, tell the Parts & Services guys, I'll take them up on the generous offer and to put those tires on my RSV. Then have them give me a call when their done and I'll be over to pick up MY Royal Star Venture with it's new tires. Cause I'll keep it, I'm not paying for someone else to have new tires on their bike. So you can keep the new bike and give me my money back. I'm not paying you any more money.

He said he'd get back to me and some other crap......he was on my side......blah blah....I hung up!!!

The phone rang two minutes later and he said he was sorry he worked it out with the manager and everything was OK and my new bike would be ready tomorrow, no extra cost.

Why do they do this crap?! Now I'm just pissed and have a real bad taste in my mouth........instead of being all happy about a new bike. :rant:

Edited by The Tooch

I hate stealer!!!

When I 1st started talking to the sales guy at the Yamaha dealership and I said I had a trade, I knew I could make more money selling the RSV private but I didn't want the hassle, so I knew I was taking a haircut. I was up front and told him there was nothing wrong with it but it would need new tires. In fact if it did need anything it was under warranty till Nov. 2017. He said that was fine and we worked out a deal I could live with.

I dropped off the RSV yesterday and when the salesman saw it he said, "Wow that really shines it looks perfect." He told me my new bike would be ready Fri. And we worked out a time for me to come pick it up. I paid in full the difference for the new one.

You'll never guess......he called me today and said the tires on my RSV needed to be replaced. But he had worked out a good deal for me and the parts guys would sell me new ones at cost and the service department would put them on, NO CHARGE. He wanted x number of dollars for the tires.....I can't tell you how much he said cause I had all ready figured out where he was going and had shut down my added cost listening skills! I said, NO! He said, "Well can we work something out can you meet me half way?" ( He gave me some number but again I wasn't listening.) He actually said, (And I love it when they give you this line!) "I'm on YOUR side here. I just need to come up with something to make them happy."

I told him, tell the Parts & Services guys, I'll take them up on the generous offer and to put those tires on my RSV. Then have them give me a call when their done and I'll be over to pick up MY Royal Star Venture with it's new tires. Cause I'll keep it, I'm not paying for someone else to have new tires on their bike. So you can keep the new bike and give me my money back. I'm not paying you any more money.

He said he'd get back to me and some other crap......he was on my side......blah blah....I hung up!!!

The phone rang two minutes later and he said he was sorry he worked it out with the manager and everything was OK and my new bike would be ready tomorrow, no extra cost.

Why do they do this crap?! Now I'm just pissed and have a real bad taste in my mouth........instead of being all happy about a new bike. :rant:

Shooot brother,,,, dont let no salesman trying to get more money out of your pocket steal the joy between you and your new bike - it's not worth it my friend.. Try to remember that your gorgeous new scoot is an innocent bystander in all their nonsense.. It didnt choose to be sent to that dealership,, it is innocent I tell ya,,, INNOCENT!! Go into the dealership tomorrow, tell them thanks for standing by the original agreement and that you are very glad to know that you are dealing with an honest dealership. Tell them you belong to a HUGE Yamaha club that highly respects good dealerships and that you will let people know how they chose to follow ethical business practices by honoring the initial deal.. As hard as it may be, say it all in a spirit of thankfulness..

After you check your new bike out closely to make sure it was put together properly, shake a few hands in the back room and thank them for work. Ask a few questions and see if you can a feel for their knowledge. Leave the place with a good feeling in the air..

Go a few blocks from the dealership, stop and tell your new scoot that it is in a good hands now.. Take some time alone with your new scoot admiring her shear beauty - dont be afraid to openly compliment pieces and parts that stand out to you (new scoots are delicate, ya gotta remember they have no prior owner and may be a little timid). Start the bonding process out by giving her a name.. Remember brother,, salesman like the one you just left back at that dealership are dime a dozen (hope you realize what happened is really not uncommon) and your new scoot is one in a million cause it is yours!!!

Oh,,, one more thing. :photographing:'s,,,, :photographing:'s :photographing:'s :photographing:'s:big-grin-emoticon:

That is commonly known as "the bump". Thing here is though, you already had a signed and completed deal so they can't really do that after the fact unless there was a clause saying something like "pending final appraisal of trade". The "bump" normally happens before the deal is finalized.

The "bump" normally happens before the deal is finalized.
Really? When I was a naïve 21 yr. old my first experience with a car dealer (Royal Chevrolet in Huntsville, AL) They went up on the finance charge 3 times. The 2nd time everything was definitely finalized, signed & done. Next day the conman came to my workplace with new paperwork saying they couldn't get the #2 rate after all and I needed to resign new paperwork for the #3 rate. I realized I'd done a stupid thing as soon as I watched him walk out the door. Never dealt with a stealer since and if I borrow money it's from a bank, cu or lender I trust & I shop for best rate.

Really? When I was a naïve 21 yr. old my first experience with a car dealer (Royal Chevrolet in Huntsville, AL) They went up on the finance charge 3 times. The 2nd time everything was definitely finalized, signed & done. Next day the conman came to my workplace with new paperwork saying they couldn't get the #2 rate after all and I needed to resign new paperwork for the #3 rate. I realized I'd done a stupid thing as soon as I watched him walk out the door. Never dealt with a stealer since and if I borrow money it's from a bank, cu or lender I trust & I shop for best rate.

Financing is secondary to the car deal ... that's a separate contract. That said, IMO, if a contract is signed, then it's a done deal unless there are "subject to" clauses that can nullify it or cause certain things to change.

The term "bump" generally applies to the price of the vehicle or the difference between it and the trade.

Thanks for all your words guys......but not my 1st go around with dealers. Actually I'm pretty bad about buying cars and bikes.....at one time I changed cars new or used like I changed my underwear. Let's see motorcycles a 2000, 2005, 2013 and now a 2016..... I'm slowing down!

I know the games.......I was just venting. And there was no financing my trade and cash.

I stood my ground they knew I would have walked away. As Cowpuc said......I'm over it now and won't let it spoil the fun of a new ride.

What dealer are you dealing with?

Hi Don

St Onge in Barrie, I was playing them off with the new dealer down in Innisfil Dewilt Yamaha making them price match each other......I might have squeezed their margin a little. (But I doubt it.) At one point I got up and started to walk out on him, he chased me out into the parking lot. LOL!

uhh what was happenin on friday again :think:

Well that's it don't own a Venture anymore, dropped the RSV at the dealership this afternoon. Real nice day here 1st ride of the season, but last day for the Venture.

Pick up the new scoot Friday......:biker:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnD2_9BUgZa9kqvPuacdCm3OcmXzg1Ru_ItItjJwwveEKz6tM4rw:big-grin-emoticon:

Uhhhh, Carl, define "OK..."
My guess is that in Canuckian "ok" is the short version of "alright" Bongo.. Hey Carl, I've had a couple of run ins with Tooche' before and I can pretty much assure you he is not alright,,,,, he is like the rest of us normal varmints and is half left..:big-grin-emoticon:

Speakin of half left,, there's only half of Friday left too!!!!! :think:Maybe Tooche' aint so half left like I thought he was,, most us normal varmints woulda had that new bike named, broken in and pictures shared with us buddies by now:think:.... Good grief I hope that prankster salesman didnt make some more off the wall comment trying to sneak 50 more Canuckian dollars from Tooche',,,,,, if he did I hope there is half of him left - eh:rotf: