IGNORED

CMA

MikeWa

I watched the Country Music Awards last night. What a disappointment. Most of the music sounded like wan-a-be rappers. Even showing sign with their hands. In my opinion when you try to rap country music you get yuk. There were a couple that were ok but the country I grew up with is long gone. What is your opinion?

Mike

I watched the Country Music Awards last night. What a disappointment. Most of the music sounded like wan-a-be rappers. Even showing sign with their hands. In my opinion when you try to rap country music you get yuk. There were a couple that were ok but the country I grew up with is long gone. What is your opinion?

Mike

I rarely watch TV anymore

Country isn't country anymore but then they gave the most awards to Chris Stapleton who sounds pretty country to me. The rapping country bothers me too. That's why my mp3 players are loaded with old country and old rock. Well maybe some Celtic and Native American mixed in there too.

Right there with ya Mike,,, personally I like the old non-rappin country music myself like these two are singin... Even the backup singer found at 1.29 in this song is far superior to the modern country rap singers, IMHO of course..

There is some good "new" country out there just not on the radio so much.

I am encouraged that things will turn around cause of all the awards Chris got. I like Zac Brown a lot but even his last offering was very diverse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mike

:sign yeah that:

Mike

Thats just it your old country that you and I grew up with, it was gone. Gone wife, gone job, gone money, gone dog, gone fishin, gone sex, gone drinking and gone reason to breathe. :bang head: Not necessarly in that order.:backinmyday:

:rotf:

Very good, work on Amazing Grace and come over to South GA and so some singing for us.

That Cappy (my daughter) lives out in California,, next time our front wheel chasing takes Tip and I out there I will get her to sing Amazing Grace with me just for you Larry!! THAT is one of our favorite songs, Cappy and I used to love to sing it while finishing up a long dayyy of touring and watching the sunset from the saddle of beat up ol 1st Gen!! :thumbsup: I miss Cappy:95:

That Cappy (my daughter) lives out in California,, next time our front wheel chasing takes Tip and I out there I will get her to sing Amazing Grace with me just for you Larry!! THAT is one of our favorite songs, Cappy and I used to love to sing it while finishing up a long dayyy of touring and watching the sunset from the saddle of beat up ol 1st Gen!! :thumbsup: I miss Cappy:95:

My Favorite!!:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

I watched the Country Music Awards last night. What a disappointment. Most of the music sounded like wan-a-be rappers....

Mike

Merle Haggard, Country Music Legend, Dies at 79

Country legend Merle Haggard, often called “the Poet of the Common Man,” whose music reflected his hardscrabble roots and hard-living ways as well as a tenderness that made him a revered songwriter, has died at his home near Redding, Calif. He was 79.

Rest in Peace Mighty Merle Rest in Peace!

MM.jpg