IGNORED

Venture is gone.

Beach Bum

Venture is sold. Just wanted to say thanks for all the input and support from this truly exceptional community. Who knows, in 5 or 6 months when I'm able to maybe I'll get another one. But maybe a 1st Gen this time just to see what all the hype is about. Or an FJR. I REALLY like the FJR....

:clap2::thumbsup2:

A healthy first gen is a runnin' machine. It's a whole different riding experience from a second gen.

If you want performance, reasonable comfort and style at a great price, you can't beat a first gen.

If you want comfort, style and reliability at a fair price, you can't beat a second gen.:beer:

Yes, get better. Heck, these bikes are mass produced and there are lots and lots of them out there. I try to keep one for one or two years and get it just the way I like it and then, go and trade for something else. Then fix it up and repeat the process. Yes you need to stay and hang around a while.

I sold all my bikes due to diabetes.Been looking at a Slingshot but still have to shift with my bad feet.Now if they had an automatic would buy one tomorrow.I do like the Spyder but the wife refuses to ride one.Maybe a Stallion or a VW trike would work.For now I am just gonna hang around and pester folks.

I plan on sticking around and I know it won't be long before a ridiculous deal shows up on Craigslist for something interesting for me to store in the garage until I work on it and ride again. Wife is more upset than I am right now. As for automatics, I've never ridden one but always been intrigued by the old Honda CB750 Hondamatic autos. The new house that we're looking at has a two car attached garage and a separate 30X20 shop in the back so it's a given that I'll fill it with bikes and such. Might finally splurge on a proper lift.

I plan on sticking around and I know it won't be long before a ridiculous deal shows up on Craigslist for something interesting for me to store in the garage until I work on it and ride again.

if you check CL Tampa, they have from time to time some first and second gen RSV for sale. More than I thought. Just saying, if and when you get that itch. PM me anything your serious about and I'll swing by to check it out for ya. The Tampa, hillsborough, Clearwater, pasco, Brooksville, citrus area. Just be sure your serious before having me drive the cannonball run! :)

Well I definitely appreciate the offer. My grown-up step daughter lives in Tampa so we're down there on occasion. Traffic sucks but it's nice to visit. I'm pretty sure the right bike will show up at the right time and all will be well in the universe. Till then I'll work on getting my stuff in order for a move if I can manage to do it one-handed.

".I do like the Spyder but the wife refuses to ride one." Will she not even do a demo one?They are great I love mine. I spent 27 years on Yamaha V4 both generations.The Spyder is so much fun,it's the most fun I've had since I left 2 wheels. The paddle shift is great. You have to shift it going up but it will downshift automaticly.Rt foot brake but it can be modified for a hand brake.It is really fun to ride,comfortable, fast.