• Don't Remember

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest texasyamahamama

I was in Durango Colorado a couple of years ago and noticed a gentleman at a gas station on a 89 venture just like mine. I struck up a conversation and he gave me a card with the website address.

• 4 weeks later...

I had already joined the "Other" site and made the comment to my friend in Carrollton, TX that if I wanted full membership on that board it'd cost me $20 per year. Being a member of many other free boards and the administrator of my own free board, this didn't set well with me. My friend is a far better googler than I and he e-mailed the link to me.

• 5 months later...

Was at the Wal-Mart eating a burger in the parking lot siting next to an 86 VR when its owner came back to leave. Struck up a conversation and talked about the 85 I had owned a fe years back. Was introduced to 86er and he told me about the site. Visited once, signed up then went away a couple of months. Came back and am now hooked, good times.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

My brother Al is a member on the Shadow Ace tourer sight and was talking with one of several members over there that are also members on this sight. There were talking about how much I wanted a Vebture royale and they gave him the sight URL . I kept it until after i bought my 85 then joined. Been glad ever since.

was in leadville co 05 i thank,just got my 89vr,camped out with norm,and john,this site is not so pickey about,inabilty to read and write,have mate so meny great people,can't even began to memember them all,SO PLEASE FOREGIVE ME,FOR NOT RESPONDING

love this site,check it most every morn

lowell:bighug:

at a harley dealership.7 of us was heading to Cherokee Rally.6 were harleys and my RSV.They HAD to stop at the harley dealership .When i went outside to the parking lot there was a biker looking at my bike.He said i used to have one of those so we struck up a conversation.He also had a few venture parts like a backrest and service manuel which he offered to me for hundred dollar bill.He then asked if I knew about the web site and I said no.He gave me the address and the rest is history.

• 4 weeks later...

Well,I was sitting in a club having a cold one, helping support single mom's and two big bad biker dudes came in and wanted to beat up the guy driving the Yamaha parked outside unless I joined their club..So being a lover and not a fighter,I signed up...:D

Never been in a gang before...Pretty cool....:whistling::whistling::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously,bought the Venture not knowing a thing about them.

I always just thought they were Goldwings until I knew better.:8:

I googled Venture and this site popped up.

What a wealth of info and knowledge on this site...

We didn't know anybody,but took a chance and went to one of Brad and Lonna's meet and eats......Met a great group of people who are the real deal......

Shari and I have made lifelong friends all because of a motorcycle....

We have yet to meet any clunkers in this group..Unless we are the clunkers and nobody's telling us..:whistling:

So to all the new members,get to any of the rallies or meet and eats.Or start your own meet and eat..

You won't regret a thing....

Thanks to Don for getting us all together and for all the time and effort you put into this site.:happy34::happy34::happy34:

Boy,the riding season can't get here fast enough..My typing finger hurts..:eek:

I WAS GOING TO SELL MY BIKE.....SO I KNEW I WAS GOING TO BUY A VENTURE SO WHILE SEARCHING THE BIKE FOR INFO I CAME ACROSS THIS SITE....GLAD I FOUND YOU

I DON'T POST MUCH....I HAVE VERY LITTLE KNOWLEGDE OF THE MACHANICS OF A BIKE...BUT I'M LEANING A LOT FROM EVERYONE ON THIS SITE......THANKS TO EVERYONE

BOB:lightbulb:

Friend from the old VTS told me about the other Venture site. I did a search and found this one and the other one. After looking and reading on both for a few days, I decided that I liked this one. Everyone seemed so much nicer and all the friendly kidding around just said this was one big happy family. Post once in awhile,but can't seem to not a least look around every day or so. This site is addicting just like MM w/peanuts. Like so many have already said, Thank's Don and to all who first started this site.

To any new members--Just jump right in, everyone makes you feel welcome and treats you like an old friend.

• 7 months later...
Guest RawHide

and his brother said their are supporting sights that we should look into. So we did and upon discovering this sight we also made friends with BIG TOM. He introduced us to his loyal VR members and non members as well. This is the second year for me and Philip since he bought his new used bike just last year. Drove all the way to Michigan and back with a rented truck to bring a tour bike for me for comfort! Am I glad he did. That is where the name RawHide developed. I was getting too sore on long trips with the other bikes, BUT NOT WITH VR! Hail to VR! And guess what we did our first host for the Finger Lakes area upon the urging from BIG TOM! It was successful and we definitely will do it again. SEE WHAT HAPPENS when you sign up and join VR...it sure does motivate you!

:clap2:

I was on the Suzuki and Kaw Forums, but wanted more info on the Yamaha tourers. I don't know how long I was on here, but was finally pushed over the edge by a few of the great members on here and that's pretty much how I ended up with the RSV. I guess I probably Googled myself over to the site.

:Venture: Wouldn't trade my RSV or this site for nothin'.

• 4 months later...

... a deers attempt to ride my FIRST New 86 VR (Ursula Black on Gold = beautiful!) ... some guys in an organization I belong too were riding. I got the itch. Tried a used Gold wing but with my new knees I could not manage the sifter position.

I went to the local Yamaha dealer and told them I wanted another Yamaha after I did a trial ride on a member here's bike in a parking lot ... and they said one was for sale on this site. That's how I got hook up with Squidley who had an 86 VR for sale. After meeting his lovely wife, Lonna, ... I fell in love ... with the Bike! And he brought it down to me after picking up a trailer the gang here fund raised to give to our great Adm of the site, Dan, and parked the trailer in my garage as he went to Texas to pick up his new bike, back to here, loaded up the trailer, and they drove it with their new bike back home.

Long story, great results. Found two great people to love, and an honest deal and great bike. Still riding happy.

JackZ:missingtooth::hurts::banana:

Last winter, I was thinking about finding a more comfortable touring bike than my Pacific Coast especially for my frequent long runs to the cottage (over 200 miles). That triggered memories of an old riding buddy's VR back in the late 80's. Did a google search which turned up an 88VR and also led me to this site. Had a quick look at the VR and was turned off by a several problems including no clutch pressure, an E4 error message etc. However, I was so impressed with the the helpful info and people on this site that I bought the bike. Thanks to the amazing information and help of many members, buying that VR turned out to be one of my better decisions in 2009.