IGNORED

Bike died in Texas pan handle

CMCOFFEY

Never worked on a 2nd Gen Coff but it sounds like it may be a starter relay to me. Anyway to run a wire from the pos of the battery to the starter cable, just touch it to the starter cable and see if you can get it started that way? Or get a couple of those Texan's to give ya a push start and dont shut it off till ya get to somewhere where you can work on it?

That first box that the battery cable goes to is the starter solenoid and main fuse.

If the main fuse was bad nothing that comes on with the key would work on the bike.

Fast clicking of the solenoid is usually a low power from the battery condition.

I am assuming you do not have a volt meter or other electrical stuff handy.

When you try to crank the bike if the headlight goes out completely you may have a weak/dead battery.

If the headlight stays bright while trying to crank then you have a bad connection.

The head light should dim but not go out while cranking.

These 2 tests may not be valid with a HID or LED headlight.

Check the battery terminals to be sure they are clean.

Using 2 screwdrivers, or a pair of pliers or what ever you have handy try to jump the two big wire connections on the solenoid. Be ready for sparks, Be very careful to not make a short to ground.

If I was that rascal I would head to Squidley and Lonna's, stop and buy a bunch of fried chicken and some non-faygo rock n rye (cause they dont sell faygo in texas) and then go pet the puppies, fix the bike and have a camp fire to roast marshin mellows with my friends.. :big-grin-emoticon:

GLAD YOU GOT HER GOING COFF EVEN IF ITS TEMPORARY!!!:thumbsup: Hopefully its not a battery (or worse, stator) issue that leaves him stranded even worse :95:

Jeff made a really really good point!!!

He needs to check for corrosion on the battery cables. When my bike died back a few months ago and started doing what he said his was doing, I had my son come and get me and we trailered the bike home. One day after I got it home I disconnected the battery cables from the battery and there was corrosion underneath that i couldn't see. I cleaned the posts and the cables and the thing has started and run like a champ ever since.

I got the bike across the street from Sharp's Motorsports. That hotel did not have any room, so I am about 1/2 mile away. Shop opens @ 0900 tomorrow. I'll replace the starter solenoid and batter, or what ever else they tell me.

OUTSTANDING COFF - GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS THAT IT WAS JUST THE BATTERY!!:clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool:

Indeed, I would LOVE to see the "museum" there in Armidillo - sounds AWESOME!! Those Suzy Rotaries were only made a couple years - wayyyyyyyyy cool scoots for certain. Suzuki had a habit of coming out with some pretty neat stuff back than - really really neat stuff that got kinda pricey. That rotary was very well made, problem now adays is finding parts for em and, even more difficult is finding folks who know what to do with repairing/tuning em.. I didnt check but I am sure there are "clubs" now that focus on that bike..

How do you like the "dash"? Interesting aint it!! Buddy, wish I was there to share some time gawking at it.. You and I could spend hours and hours just petting that super cool wankle motored puppy!!

Anyway, glad your safe and the bike is up and going! Ride safe and the Lord be with you Son-shine!!

He needs to check for corrosion on the battery cables. When my bike died back a few months ago and started doing what he said his was doing, I had my son come and get me and we trailered the bike home. One day after I got it home I disconnected the battery cables from the battery and there was corrosion underneath that i couldn't see. I cleaned the posts and the cables and the thing has started and run like a champ ever since.

+1 Agreed. It sounds like a low battery or bad connection.

Mike