IGNORED

Rain repellant

Condor

Saw this new product listing another board. With Rain-X being harmfull to shields, and being discussed in the past in several threads, I thought Raincoat might be something to look into for those riding in the rain. http://www.motosolutions.com/

Here's a short video. Looks pretty good to me.. Hope the link works.

http://76.12.111.23/Videos/RaincoatDemo.wmv

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest themenz
:doh:

I thought it was something you could spray on the bike and ride in the rain and not get wet... :rotf::rotf:

Hey, I am working on it!! Thanks to Condor for posting about Raincoat. If you guys order, let me know how it works! Reward!! gene (at) motosolutions (dot) com

Oh, I have a cool new locator that tells you where you can buy Fogtech and/or Raincoat.

Hey, I am working on it!! Thanks to Condor for posting about Raincoat. If you guys order, let me know how it works! Reward!! gene (at) motosolutions (dot) com

Oh, I have a cool new locator that tells you where you can buy Fogtech and/or Raincoat.

I have a Gold Wing with a tall Tulsa style windshield. Would one of your kits treat the entire windshield or would it take more than that?

Thanks.

Guest themenz
I have a Gold Wing with a tall Tulsa style windshield. Would one of your kits treat the entire windshield or would it take more than that?

Thanks.

I am pretty sure you will only need one pouch or packet to coat the entire shield-two t the most. You get 5 in the kit. A very thin coating is all you need-the thinner the better as it is easier to buff off.

A couple of tips.

1. Very thin coating

2. Let dry for 3 to 5 minutes

3. Don't use a microfiber cloth to buff. Use soft cotton cloth. A terry cloth towel or similar is great. You do get a small buffing cloth in the kit.

3. Buff immediately on drying. Don't let it sit there for hours or days. If you let it sit, the coating takes a lot of rubbing to come clear. (For fast removal gently use a V2 sponge or a Mr. Clean magic sponge to completely remove Raincoat and start again.)

OK folks, here is Genes reply to my inquirey of some FREE samples for VR.Org...

Looks like I need 9 more folks to sign up to provide a responce on the product after you use it.

Anyone interested??

Eck,

First thank you for posting about Raincoat.

I think the product is going to be a great addition to our tankbags.

Also, thank you for your thoughtful request.

I am open to a selective group getting samples.

I am looking for active riders that will apply the product and give me feedback on performance, packaging, the kit, and application instructions.

Here is why I need to be selective. Due to postal regulations, Raincoat needs to be expensively packaged to be mailed. So each sample I send costs me about $3 not counting the product. (When I introduced Fogtech, I gave away samples but postage only cost me 41 cents.)

So if you can figure out a way to get it to say 10 of the hardiest rain riders who will take the time to email their opinions, I will send three wipes to them.

I am open to other ideas as getting Raincoat into the hands of riders is a great promotion.

Kind regards,

Gene Menzies

MotoSolutions

966 Coral Drive

Rodeo, CA 94572

USA

510 799-5100 Office

510 799-6607 FAX

925 287-0080 Cell

gene@motosolutions.com

www.motosolutions.com

OK folks, here is Genes reply to my inquirey of some FREE samples for VR.Org...

Looks like I need 9 more folks to sign up to provide a responce on the product after you use it.

Anyone interested??

Eck,

First thank you for posting about Raincoat.

I think the product is going to be a great addition to our tankbags.

Also, thank you for your thoughtful request.

I am open to a selective group getting samples.

I am looking for active riders that will apply the product and give me feedback on performance, packaging, the kit, and application instructions.

Here is why I need to be selective. Due to postal regulations, Raincoat needs to be expensively packaged to be mailed. So each sample I send costs me about $3 not counting the product. (When I introduced Fogtech, I gave away samples but postage only cost me 41 cents.)

So if you can figure out a way to get it to say 10 of the hardiest rain riders who will take the time to email their opinions, I will send three wipes to them.

I am open to other ideas as getting Raincoat into the hands of riders is a great promotion.

Kind regards,

Gene Menzies

MotoSolutions

966 Coral Drive

Rodeo, CA 94572

USA

510 799-5100 Office

510 799-6607 FAX

925 287-0080 Cell

gene@motosolutions.com

www.motosolutions.com

Sign me up.

Sign me up too! Been looking for something like this for a while.

Got you down my friend.

Looks like I need (7) more folks to sign up to provide a responce on the product after you use it.

Anyone else interested??

I'm willing to participate. If you get enough without me, let the freebies go to the other members. :)

Got you down my friend.

Looks like I need (6) more folks to sign up to provide a responce on the product after you use it.

Anyone else interested??

I will be willing to try it out and give my opinion. Rod

Got you down my friend.

Looks like I need (5) more folks to sign up to provide a responce on the product after you use it.

Anyone else interested??

Being year round rider with Windshield and faceshield, looks like a winner to me

Got you down my friend.

Looks like I need (4) more folks to sign up to provide a responce on the product after you use it.

Anyone else interested??

Sign me up, I'll take one and do a review.

Steve Kowalcky

Edgewater, FL

Got you down my friend.

Looks like I need (3) more folks to sign up to provide a responce on the product after you use it.

Anyone else interested??

Sign me up also please. I am sure I will have a chance to see it work. :cool10:

- Mike

Got you down my friend.

Looks like I need (2) more folks to sign up to provide a responce on the product after you use it.

Anyone else interested??