IGNORED

What if it rains on Maintenance Day

Freebird

Some of you have worried about the weather. First of all, it has NEVER rained on MD. I simply don't allow it. :whistling:

BUT...what if it DOES? Nothing changes. We will get people in the dry one way or another. I have food ordered for 125 people and I can't eat it all by myself.

So...even if you have to cage it, please come on. We'll still have a great time.

So what if it rain on MD??????,, that'll be a first, but it has threatened before,,, and so that's what they make rain gear for isn't it,,, rain??? just hope the pond don't overflow and we have to start digging ditches,,, that's workkkkkk

Normally it wouldn't matter none anyhooo,,,, wet by sweat or wet by rain,, it'll all wash off,,,,, I tink.

There was time not very long ago when a much healthier Puc actually LOVED riding in the rain. I remember a few years ago while out at the Sturgis Rally it had been in the low 100's. I came around a corner on the Spearfish Canyon ride where there was a large group of riders standing under a tarp trying to stay dry. As my then 83 Venture ( #4 who's name was Sammy) with me standing on her pegs getting cooled off by the glorious rain passed by them and waved.. They all started giving me the "power sign" (raised fists) as though rooting us on. Later my brother in law who was with me mentioned the incident and said he felt like some kind of hero when in fact, he could not believe those other riders were wasting the chance to cool off and get a free shower to boot. I told him I had the same thought!

I also used to ride my bike (350 Motosport) to work all winter (only transportation I had) and loved it.. The cold never really bothered me back then, matter of fact I LOVED the white stuff fervently.

Now, what seems like only a couple weeks later, I had a doctors appointment today and mentioned our weekend plans. I was warned about my immune system situation and my sic sinus (very low heart rate - bad signal to the bottom of my heart). I mentioned that I had been watching the weekend weather and the combination of the wet and the cold that is likely to come in (50's here). I was told to be very careful in regard to my current sensitivity to hypothermia (how on earth is that even possible - I always thought hypothermia was some kind of Siberia ailment). Then the doctor went on to explain how getting sick from just getting chilled could be disasterous with my lowered immune system..

All that said, there is a good chance that we are going to have to turn to our little KIA and becoming yet more additives to the cager mixture - THAT is soooo hard to even type!! One way or another though, FOR SURE we refuse to be the cause of Freebird having to eat all that food :fatsmiley:that he has ordered and are planning to be there to assist that fine man one way or the other!! :big-grin-emoticon:

This is only Thursday and on Monday, if my memory serves me correct, the forecast was for 55mm and 90%, then it changed to 35-45 @ 60%, now it's a chance of a thunderbanger with 25-35mm 100%,,,,, gonna be a nice sunny day and hot as usual.

Be a good day to be riding in a Kia with airconditioning, and we may even get a free wash out of the deal this year. About time actually, not cheap this MD thing, so something for nothing is always welcome.

I hope it doesn't rain on you folk but I'm sure you will have good time weather or not it does. We couldn't make it cause of wife's mother not feeling well, had to stay close to home. Will see some of you at Tom's in august.

Don't feel bad Puc, misery loves company. You can come and hide under my shelter next to me and my cage while we drown our sorrows in a nice cold soda pop.

Look at the bright side, just think how much "stuff" you could pile on that big flat roof. Not only could you pack the kitchen sink, but you could pack the bathroom sink as well.:stickpoke:

Your Doc visit sounds a lot like mine, same result just slightly different ailments.

And now that you finally in a moment of weakness admitted that you do actually LOVE snow...........:snow2::snow::snow2::snow::snow2:

. The cold never really bothered me back then, matter of fact I LOVED the white stuff fervently.

All that said, there is a good chance that we are going to have to turn to our little KIA and becoming yet more additives to the cager mixture - THAT is soooo hard to even type!! One way or another though, FOR SURE we refuse to be the cause of Freebird having to eat all that food :fatsmiley:that he has ordered and are planning to be there to assist that fine man one way or the other!! :big-grin-emoticon:

I will also do my fair share on the food "problem".:fatsmiley::fatsmiley:

Hey Puc

I was looking forward to using a big marker and signing Tweeks..............Now I can bring a spray rattle can and sign your Kia! :banana:

And take a look at how long my name is.............................................................................................................

Don't feel bad Puc, misery loves company. You can come and hide under my shelter next to me and my cage while we drown our sorrows in a nice cold soda pop.

Look at the bright side, just think how much "stuff" you could pile on that big flat roof. Not only could you pack the kitchen sink, but you could pack the bathroom sink as well.:stickpoke:

Your Doc visit sounds a lot like mine, same result just slightly different ailments.

And now that you finally in a moment of weakness admitted that you do actually LOVE snow...........:snow2::snow::snow2::snow::snow2:

I will also do my fair share on the food "problem".:fatsmiley::fatsmiley:

HA !!!! BUSTED !!!! Now I know where to find you ! Thought you hide ayyy matey?!?!?

HA !!!! BUSTED !!!! Now I know where to find you ! Thought you hide ayyy matey?!?!?

BUSTED? Meee

Not meee.

I'll be easy to find hidin behind a BIG red truck.

OH and its all Pucs fault............:duck:Dats my story and I'm stickin to it.

I hope it doesn't rain on you folk but I'm sure you will have good time weather or not it does. We couldn't make it cause of wife's mother not feeling well, had to stay close to home. Will see some of you at Tom's in august.

Prayers Up and Blessings Down your wifes mom Jonesy!!