IGNORED

Venture Focus group

Brake Pad

What do you feel would improve the buying market for this bike?

Brake Pad:

I highly reccomend that you print out the below listed "KNOWN PROBLEMS" on 2nd gens and take it with you.

These are posts made by many 2nd gen owners here on th esite, and cover everything your asking for.

All the above posts have already mentiond here: :whistling:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

thank you for mentioning it.

mike

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liked all of your input on ideas, telling them to observe this site was best, then they could see for them selves what the are complaining or praising about their venture product. To me they a good product but their marketing of it sucks. I can't begin to tell you how many people, riders or not I have to explain to what I have for a bike. Telling them a GW, but a Yamaha version is the easiest.

I LOVE my RSV, but would be very interested in a new 3rd gen.

The MT90 front tire fixes the handleing problem, and would be easy for them to fix.

If they want to sell them then they have to MAKE them available!!!!

Dealers do not have RSV's in the showroom. Harley and Honda have tons of them to see, sit on, ride, and buy. Yamaha has a fantastic product at a great competetive price, but seem to not want to sell any. If the dealers were as knowledgeable, and excited about Ventures as we are, they could take over the touring industry, if they had bikes to sell.

Just venting my frustration-- Good luck with the focus group-- Thanks for spreading our ideas! I hope it works!!

I love the basic looks of the RSV as it is but would like to see some modernization to it. First and foremost..Keep the V4. Rear shock issue, gear whine, updated stereo system (mp3/ipod, bluetooth compatable), Increase in displacement and HP

I really would like to see them keep the Venture a best value touring bike. Yamaha could improve the chrome, paint, sound system, etc., but if the cost goes up, well, I really hope you Rich Urban Bikers buy the heck out of them and flood the market with old gen 2 bikes to keep me going for another 20 years.

ABS & linked brakes, fuel injection, and reverse. Optional colors and chromed front forks. Lose the cassette player and offer mp3, satellite radio and/or GPS

Me too. Except, chrome forks are there already and mp3 is already in my Zumo which is better than most OEM gps's.

But the ABS & reverse would sure be nice.

Also I believe a bit of advertising wouldn't hurt . Why improve a bike no one knows much about?! No one buys without seing some sort of advertising first.

Less Harley-esque look, modern but not retro-nuveau like the "liners" (they're ok, I just think the Venture should be different from them) 'Wings are recognizable at a glance, everything else looks like some form of Harley. I feel The Venture can and should have that same kind of instant recognition.

definitely the brake, electrical, EFI upgrades mentioned, reverse & GAUGES...86 the cassette, get mp3.

v6 would be nice. Kaw had a transverse 6, Honda has a flat 6 (had a transverse 6 too, yrs ago); no reason Yamaha/star can't have a v6. At least 1800cc. It could even be longitudinal like a Guzzi or or an Honda ST, instead of transverse like the current v4.

If they feel they can't go outside the v4/vmax box, at least don't detune it so much.

Hey, this is just me thinkin out loud! :whistling::stirthepot:

Before I get fragged, no I don't have one currently, I have the RSTD and a 1500 'Wing. I've been toying with the idea of consolidating, but I want to see what comes in the new Venture or I may just keep what I have now. Don't know yet.......

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup:

I really would like to see them keep the Venture a best value touring bike. Yamaha could improve the chrome, paint, sound system, etc., but if the cost goes up, well, I really hope you Rich Urban Bikers buy the heck out of them and flood the market with old gen 2 bikes to keep me going for another 20 years.

I can go for the above post. If the 2nd gens drop in price, I might be able to add one to my stable. Yes, I would put one foot in the dark side!

------------------

2nd Gen

• They need to do away with the cassette and CD player and go with a memory stick type option to load MP3's. There is a small weight reduction when removing both objects.
  • They need to improve the handling characteristics a bit, as I read that is fixed by the bike owners here.
  • The motor is fine as it is but could use a bit more kick. 20 to 30 more horse and equivalent torque should be sufficient.
  • Go to EFI. Too many people and too many bikes having to clean carbs and have fuel delivery related issues.
  • Fix the the drive train noise issues that can be plagued with this bike.
  • Up the electrical ability to support more accessories.
  • Offer more color options. Yamaha seems to have a bad habit of provided a few to one color choice for the year.

---------------

1st Gen (MKI/MKII)

• Make more parts available and at affordable prices. What great advertisement that their stuff just keeps going and going and going. We know it will but it needs to be far better known. GW's of all ages still on the road and well recognized. People look at mine and wonder what the heck it is (I like that, lol).
  • Bring back the VentureLine products.

--------------------

Well, enough of what I wanted to say. I know they only want to hear about the 2nd gen but had to toss mine in too!

Stereo Bluetooth with a more powerful stereo made by Yamaha, not Clarion!!!!!!!

More horse power along with higher fuel economy (Variable valve timing and EFI will probably do it.)

Higher wattage charging system.

More options on the hot air flow from the radiator. Look at the gold wing, but NOT the stying, just the air control.

first and formost-fix the cherp very easy-change the streight gears.

next we will need a little more power to make up for the loss of the streight gears

fI would be very nice

better breaks

lower the bike a little

the casett player has gone the way of the dinosaur

these few fixes should not affect the price that much. the great price for such a nice bike is one the reasons I bought it.:900[1]:

I now have 6 pages of information, retrived from this site, I thank You all for you input.

You opened my eyes to items I had missed.

I will include the information for this site.

Mike Brady (Brake Pad)

Star chapter 297 Ft. lauderdale

www.chapter297.com

Free Masons Riding Club

President of the Florida Chapter

"Stone Cutters" # 20

www.freemasonsrc.com

Most of this stuff is already covered but I'll put in my 2 cents.

Upgraded Stereo with a removable USB or SD card so you can load your own music, bluetooth capable would be nice for those with cordless helmets.

Keyless ignition system with built in alarm (like the Ultra's)

600 watt alternator

ABS Brakes, linked would be nice.

Full instumentaion.

Chrome front end.

Factory installed front running lights.

More rear lighting (more like the Ultras or GW) factory installed.

Factory installed bag rails.

Adjustable and vented windshield.

A larger engine (say 1800)

The reason I would like to see these things FACTORY installed instead of aftermarket is because they will be coved under the 5 year warranty.

DON’T CHANGE THE FRAME…I bought the bike because I like the way it sits.

Mike, you have a lot of information in your possession. I know this is a lot to ask, but as you sort through the requests, it would be interesting to know what were the top items. I would be glad to help if you like. Thanks for the thread.

Guest JGorom

I've already stated my case but will also suggest better brake lines...Yamaha can purchase the stainless lines in bulk and get a great deal...that and linking the brakes would be a tremendous safety improvement over their existing braking system.

There are lots of great ideas here on things to add/change. But, I am concerned about parts for my current bike. Originally, I had an '83 VR and it was a wonderful bike. I loved it from the time I found it at a HD Dealer. I rode it for years and had to give it up because I couldn't find parts for it (that was before I found out about this group). I finally found a new one and am extremely happy with it and would like it to be the last bike I ever need.

My concern about a new Venture would be that they provide parts for the two previous models if they are going to make wholesale changes.:confused24:

Lots of good ideas here. I ride alone because my wife rides her own bike. Make two models. One base model like the current bike, just minor changes. More motor, full gauges, EFI, etc. Than an upgrade model for you two up people, heated seats, etc (think wing).

Guest kiorana123
I was called by my local Yamaha Shop and asked if I'd like to do a 2 hour, sit down with the Yamaha Venture Makers, to talk about what WE think of the bike, and is there room for improvement.

Please don't attack me with responces.

But generally, I guess my questions would be for the newer Ventures 2nd Gen.

What do you fell would improve the buying market for this bike?

I'm meeting with them in two weeks. I have the floor for 20 minutes. so help me out with the question.

I for one would like more factory access. Light bars, Back rests, passanger arm rests.

CD player, upgraded speakers. windsheilds with vents

I'm going to talk to them about the drive shaft issues.

STATOR, STATOR, STATOR so that we can add things. Agree, linked ABS, stand that doesn't give way on slope, center stand would be nice, 6th gear and gear indicator. Own choice of colour, including white and yellow for visibility. Maintain 5 yr warranty. Better hinges on boxes. A real air horn. Tyre pressure indicator. Clutch free option. Keep great value for money. Sell them in NZ as well! EFI. EFI. EFI.

Several people here have asked for 'full instrumentation'. I suppose that means a tachometer and other such stuff. I really like the clean and uniquely stylish appearance of the speedometer/clock/odometers/fuel gauge that the RSV has now. If you must add more read-outs, then please find a way to avoid cluttering up the clean, uniquely stylish look that the RSV has now. All these electronics should allow the rider to make the display look the way he/she wants by turning certain read-outs on or off. For me, I don't want any tachometer, but might like to temporarily turn on a reading of estimated miles remaining to empty, ambient temp, heading (compass reading) and other stuff that I can turn off when I'm not using it.

Double the stator capacity.

Electrically adjustable windshield, so I can choose between protection and ability to see over it in fog.

Update the sound system with optional wireless headset connections that really work well and integrate GPS, iPod and cell phones.

Better fuel efficiency. I don't need a bigger motor -- just keep the power but save me some gas money.

Stifle all of the gear noises -- we just want to hear the exhaust (and I don't like loud exhausts, but would rather hear my quiet stock pipes than all of that whirring).

Don't foul it up by changing all of the other great things about it.

ABS, GPS, Lighted controls(all buttons such as horn, cruise control etc.) Fuel injection, more power, much better alternator, better sound system, more lights in back, adjustable handlebars. With these additions the Venture would go from being an outstanding tourer to the perfect Tourer IMO.-Jack

The most were options, or add ons.

I for one like to upgrade the fairing, and add more gauges, motor out put was big on the list. increase in electrical output, stator,upgrade accessories, lighting, both front & back.

Better brakes, more horse power. chrome forks, better tires, sound systems, upgrade speakers. just some, I'm bent on the rear shaft, at 12,300. miles I had to have the whole rear end changed on my 07,

PARTS!!!!!! Ten days to get parts for the bike, Drive shaft had to be ordered from Japan.

None in stock in the U.S.A., I could not beleave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everything always has to be ordered. that Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

I even started to look for a local company to make me a light rail & deco trim for the bags.

Its a shame Markland went out of Business.

on my 1984 Honda Goldwing Aspencade, I had almost every part they had for my year bike, on the bike. The Bike $7600.00 (toy accessory's $9000.00)

I sold the bike to a dealer out of Albany NY. for $4000.00 and had 237,651.7 miles on it.