IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day

Freebird

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone would happen to have one of those small, electric engraving tools that they wouldnt mind bringing along and letting me use at MD on Saturday I would really appreciate it. I loaned mine out some where along the line and it appears it never found its way home - I PROMISE to return yours to you after a few minutes of use at MD :big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks - Puc

You mean one of those little vibrating point engravers? That you hold like a pencil and the hardened tip vibrates and scratches the thing you are trying to etch?

If so, I have one and I will bring it.

Or do you mean one that spins a burr on the tip?

Hope I have enough room. The "library" I am bringing for Dingy is taking up a lot of room.

Hey buddy, I put the raffle prize in the mail today via USPS. It's a good one this time. I couldn't convince the airlines to drop their prices down to what I call "reasonable" or you'd be seeing my mug on your front door! Enjoy!

Ride Nancy Ride

I got access to one. Not the greatest thing on the planet but if I can write with it is ahead of the curve. Have to request permission to bring it. That particular tool is one of dad's.

Thank you soooooo much for offering Cominbackdown, I really really appreciate it!! I would prefer that you dont borrow your dads tools for me though, I just never had very good luck with that scenario and would NEVER want the possibility of something happening to your dads equipment because of me.. I do greatly appreciate the thought though my friend!!

Thank you Nancy. Would have rather you had delivered them personally but I understand. :)

:thumbsup:

You mean one of those little vibrating point engravers? That you hold like a pencil and the hardened tip vibrates and scratches the thing you are trying to etch?

If so, I have one and I will bring it.

Or do you mean one that spins a burr on the tip?

Hope I have enough room. The "library" I am bringing for Dingy is taking up a lot of room.

Indeed, its the little vibrating engraver that I was referring to Prairie - THANK YOU for your description.. Lets wait and see if Jeff happens to have one he could toss in his truck - appreciate the kind offer though!!

Thanks guys!!:thumbsup:

If someone would happen to have one of those small, electric engraving tools that they wouldnt mind bringing along and letting me use at MD on Saturday I would really appreciate it. I loaned mine out some where along the line and it appears it never found its way home - I PROMISE to return yours to you after a few minutes of use at MD :big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks - Puc

Got ya covered on the engraver Puc, you'll need to bring your own lectricity tho.

Got ya covered on the engraver Puc, you'll need to bring your own lectricity tho.

THANKS JAY!!! I will strap my 6.5 KW Genny onto Tweeks back for lectricty.. Heyy,, wait a minute here,, didnt I read somewhere that Consumers were gonna run power down into the Buckeye State a couple years ago? Will have to do a little digging and see if they happen to have gotten all the way into Oberlin yet.. Maybe that would even mean I wouldnt even have to bring a generator either!!

Holy Cow, you must think I'm one tuff "biker chick" to attempt that one by myself Rick. My finger got tired just moving across the map while starting in Montague, CA and hunting down Oberlin. Have a cold "whatever" on me and ya'll know I'll be there in spirit!

I would like to give a shout out and a bid Thanks to Dave Liddy at

Breyley Yamaha

11035 State Rd.

Parma, OH 44133

440 237-4543

Dave helped me out with my valve shim job by supplying me with a loaner tool and a bunch of used shims (separate thread). He has nice Yamaha only dealership and is very knowledgeable on them.

I talked to him about bringing a trailer with parts and accessories to Maintenance Day, He did express some interest but it was too short notice this time but may be doable next time. They do customer appreciation events throughout the year at various venues.

Dave said they have a pretty good stock of parts or he can have them with some advance notice then we can pick them up if needed. They are not the closest to Don's but the other dealer near by NEVER has any parts on hand.

I will try to get some business cards for MD, for you guys.

Regards, Paul

No,,, [emoji20] he wouldn't part with it. We did have a nice conversation though.

Rats!!! I thought you might like him though, he was a really really nice guy. It has always amazed me at the cool people I have met along lifes trail (had a conversation with Flyday last night about that - he is another awesome varmint).. Seems like the guy you talked to was disabled or something (think he was even in a wheel chair), had switched over to trikes and still able to ride - AMAZING!!!.. I had a gorgeous xl350r that just didnt sell, neighbor found that guys ad - showed it to me and asked if I would swap the bike for the trailer if he paid for it. Figured what the heck, went down to Holland and got it. Spent almost a day down there yakking with that guy and playing with his bike stuff. Kinda guy that I even told him about VR, thinking he might enjoy the familiness around here.

I did have a hunch that he would not get off the rack though cause it seems to me that he told me he was using it for something else.. Oh well, worth a try and at least you got to meet em too:bighug:!! :thumbsup:

I would like to give a shout out and a bid Thanks to Dave Liddy at

Breyley Yamaha

11035 State Rd.

Parma, OH 44133

440 237-4543

Dave helped me out with my valve shim job by supplying me with a loaner tool and a bunch of used shims (separate thread). He has nice Yamaha only dealership and is very knowledgeable on them.

I talked to him about bringing a trailer with parts and accessories to Maintenance Day, He did express some interest but it was too short notice this time but may be doable next time. They do customer appreciation events throughout the year at various venues.

Dave said they have a pretty good stock of parts or he can have them with some advance notice then we can pick them up if needed. They are not the closest to Don's but the other dealer near by NEVER has any parts on hand.

I will try to get some business cards for MD, for you guys.

Regards, Paul

Sound like good people. Wish they could have made it but I understand about the short notice.