IGNORED

suspension

At the expense of wearing out my welcome as a new member with question on my new ride, I have an 05 RSV I notice it creeks (groans) when I sit on it (insert joke here). It sounds like a dry rubber bushing or something. Any ideas, this is my first bike of this size and shaft driven thus the question.

I have an 06 that does the same thing once in a while. Usually as the temperature drops and only the first time in the morning. Had the bike for 2 years and did it from the get go. I keep between 30 and 40lbs of air pressure in it.

:canada:

2nd that. Mine's been groaning first thing in the morning and goes away. No leaks, usually run 25psi in the rear.

oil in the air bladder will not address this concern.

it is often a sign of failure to come, but not a guarantee .

the noise your hearing is where the chrome has become thin on the shaft of the shock and the rust starts to appear in a short overnight setting and the rust against the oil seal creates a noise until the oil and seal has past over it a few times within the first few bumps of the ride and lubricates the area.

eventually it will destroy the seal and the oil will run past until empty.

mike

Just got the bike, when I picked it up it was warm out and there was no noise. Over the past few days the temp has been a little cooler and that is when I noticed it. Being a mechanic it sounds like a stiff rubber bushing (thus the cold). Really wanted to toss it out there to see if others experienced the same.

At the expense of wearing out my welcome as a new member with question on my new ride, I have an 05 RSV I notice it creeks (groans) when I sit on it (insert joke here). It sounds like a dry rubber bushing or something. Any ideas, this is my first bike of this size and shaft driven thus the question.

We would never take advantage of ANYONE and use lame jokes!!!....Right guys??.....:whistling::whistling::whistling: