IGNORED

I won't be answering my phone today

gez

Last evening, in rush hour traffic on I95, in the middle of five lanes traveling at 70 mph, I watched it slip from its cradle, bounce off the tank and hit the pavement. Calculating the odds of finding it in one piece, I cursed loudly and continued on my way.

I won't let that happen again.

Edited by gez

You would be surprised at the impact those phones can take.

The back may have come off and the battery may have come out, but they are pretty darn strong.

When I was in my accident a few years back, my phone came off and we were able to find it. It was all banged up, but it still worked..

One thing I would do is at minimum try to find the phone only to retrieve the sims card inside it...That card contains vital information you may not want others to find..

If you go back to the area you lost it in, take another cell phone with you. Once there in that area, call your cell phone and listen for it to ring..might make it easier to locate it...:confused24:

Last evening, in rush hour traffic on I95, in the middle of five lanes traveling at 70 mph, I watched it slip from its cradle, bounce off the tank and hit the pavement. Calculating the odds of finding it in one piece, I cursed loudly and continued on my way.

I won't let that happen again.

Probably due for an upgrade anyway......

Had a similar but different event on my way to International this year.

Somewhere in middle Georgia the band on my not so old Seiko Kenitic watch broke, fell off my wrist , hit the wife in the foot and then the pavement, we were several miles down the road before I figured out what fell off the bike and hit the wife's foot.

I am sure it did not survive.

In February, while riding on 75 in south Florida, I saw the front fairing chrome edge molding fall of my bike. Knowing how scarce they are, I rode about 10 miles to the next exit, turned around and found it on the shoulder in good condition.

Took me about 30 minutes but I'm glad I did. The wife thought I was nuts.

I was rushing like mad to catch an airplane a couple years back in Atlanta airport. when I got to the jetway I reached down to call the wife and let her know I made the airplane. I did, but the phone not so much. I called airport, e-mailed lost and found all kinds off stuff. Pilot deadheading let me borrow his phone to call her I made it but phone didn't and to call cell provider and tell them it was MIA.

GEZ if you need a smart phone to get you by and its Sprint I got one I'll pass on to ya.

If your (next) phone is an Android (and heaven forbid you should buy an Apple phone! :witch_brew::rotf:) you should look at downloading "Where's My Droid" and/or "Lookout Security". They can both help you find your phone with a computer and gps.

As usual, it was nothing a few hundred dollars couldn't fix. Contract obligations placed a Galaxy S3 replacement at $450. Adding another line to the contract dropped the price of the S5 to $150 form $650. They threw in a bonus Harmon Kardon bluetooth speaker, that I really don't need, but like. Still have to pay ten months of service on the disconnected lost phone.

Dion, thanks for the offer.

They now go in the tour pac.

They have a hard time falling out of there. Plus we have the added benifit of not being able to hear them ring.

Not hearing them is a benefit.

BUT if the phone is in the tour pac and you go down, you may not be able to get to it. I prefer to have the phone with me, There is a better chance I will be able to use it if it is on me. I usually have it in a zippered pocket. Even if it does ring, I can not hear it.

Mine depends on....... If I am using for music its in a RAM mount. If not sometimes in my holster with velcro flap, or could be in trunk.

you know maybe I'll forward this thread over on the Delphi forums. A fellow was just asking about using the suction cup mount for his GPS to the speedo face on his TD.

Not hearing them is a benefit.

BUT if the phone is in the tour pac and you go down, you may not be able to get to it. I prefer to have the phone with me, There is a better chance I will be able to use it if it is on me. I usually have it in a zippered pocket. Even if it does ring, I can not hear it.

There is an app called Cradar that will alert the person of your choice if your phone senses a crash. It sends out your location and calls. Works off the gps and accellerometer on your phone. If you dont cancel it within set time it sends.the alert.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I guess you could call me a Neanderthal but I have no use for a cell phone. I am retired which means I do what I want when I want. I understand some people need to be in touch all the time with family and work but I don't need it. I have survived 70 years without one and am quite happy to go out in the boat, go riding etc and have no one bug me. I understand they can be useful in an emergency but people have been having emergencies since the beginning of time and have survived. It used to be called community involvement. It is still out there most places but cell phones and i pods etc are destroying it. I don't want to listen to music when I am out sailing. The music of the waves is enough. I don't want to listen to music when I am riding, the music of the road is enough.