IGNORED

Beads or wheel weights

habfan

I'M getting a new front tire mounted this week,was asked if I wanted beads instead of regular wheel weights.I've heard of the beads but don't much about them.Pros and cons,for or againts if anyone feels like piping

Thanks'Dan

Dan, I just got a front tire installed and balanced with beads and it works good. Come and take it for a ride if you want to test it out.

A Friend of mine does his own and only uses beads too. Also my motor home with 22" tires is balanced with beads and I can't tell the difference even at 70 mph.

Thanks for the info Gary, I've been doing some reading and they sound promising..to be honest I hadn't really considered the beads at all but now thinking about it though.

Been thinking about stopping by to see how your doing, might get a chance tomorrow afternoon??

Thanks for the info Gary, I've been doing some reading and they sound promising..to be honest I hadn't really considered the beads at all but now thinking about it though.

Been thinking about stopping by to see how your doing, might get a chance tomorrow afternoon??

That would be great!

I am also using Ride-On in my 89 VR in the front and rear and have a very smooth ride and like the idea of sealing a nail puncture if I get one. I installed it last summer and had no issue on my first ride of this season with it settling in the tires.

Rick F.

This may be obvious, but just to be sure everyone knows - you should not use beads if you already have ride-on in your tires. The beads will clump together in the ride on and throw the tire way out of balance. Beads should only be used in either a new tire or one that has never held anything other than air.

Andy

Bought some Ride On last year but didn't use it when I changed my tire cause someone mentioned that after using Ride On, your rims are somehow fouled and future tire changes can be affected. From all the positive comments, it sound like that is not a real concern????

Bought some Ride On last year but didn't use it when I changed my tire cause someone mentioned that after using Ride On, your rims are somehow fouled and future tire changes can be affected. From all the positive comments, it sound like that is not a real concern????

There is a difference between Ride-On® brand and some other tire sealants, such as Slime®.

Slime® is not recommended for our old aluminum wheels. Says so on THEIR website.

Ride-On® IS safe for our aluminum wheels. Says so on THEIR website.

As for the future tire changes, people I've spoken with who have used Ride-ON® find that tire changes are not affected and that the Ride-On® has not fouled the rims. YMMV.

Point is: don't confuse different tire sealants. I think Ride-On® is the only one of the sealants that claims to balance the tire.

In my humble opinion...Ride-On is the only way to go. It saved my life a couple of years ago. A box of nails had fallen out of the back of a truck that I was following on the freeway. They spread all over the lane and I could not avoid them. By the time I could get over and get stopped, it was about a mile later. I had picked up three nails. I pulled them out, like the instructions said, and rode the rest of the way home, about 10 miles. When I got home I checked my air pressure and had only lost 5 pounds in the rear and 3 pounds in the front.

Ride-on will always be in my tires!!!!

Thanks for all the responses.... I decided to go with the beads this time but I gotta tell ya it wasn't an easy decision.You all gave me a lot to think about .Thanks again for all your input

Dan

Learn to balance the tires yourself. All you need is a pair of cinderblocks or axel stand. And then use Ride-on. Fine tunes the balance and prevents most flats!! And increases wear of tire by......I forget what they claim but it is substantial. Just my 2 cents.....