IGNORED

Beads or wheel weights

habfan

I just put two new Dunlap E3's on my 07 RSV yesterday. Since the last two rear tires I have put on have been a magnet for screws and nails I decided to give the Ride-On a try. The above tires require 9 oz each for a full charge but the bottles for a motorcycle come in 8 oz. Sooooo that means I needed 3 bottles and at $14.95 a bottle at the local Cycle Gear store we're talking 50 big ones after you figure in the governments "fair share". As you can see this stuff can be pricy. BUT.....if it works....it will be well worth price! :080402gudl_prv:

I just put two new Dunlap E3's on my 07 RSV yesterday. Since the last two rear tires I have put on have been a magnet for screws and nails I decided to give the Ride-On a try. The above tires require 9 oz each for a full charge but the bottles for a motorcycle come in 8 oz. Sooooo that means I needed 3 bottles and at $14.95 a bottle at the local Cycle Gear store we're talking 50 big ones after you figure in the governments "fair share". As you can see this stuff can be pricy. BUT.....if it works....it will be well worth price! :080402gudl_prv:

Speaking of magnets for screws and nails.

I put a very powerful N52 magnet on the bottom of my bike to help with traffic lights. I often find screws, nails, and other steel trash stuck to it. I figure every one of those was looking for my back tire.

• 10 months later...

Thought I would resurrect this thread.

Last week went to dealer and they installed a new Pirelli on the front and used beads instead of weights. I rode to GV, then up to Phoenix, to Wickenburg and back to GV south of Tucson. Not impressed with beads. Either they didn't mount the tire properly or not enough or to much beads. Went back today...they said tire was mounted properly and added another bottle of beads. Take my hand off of left handle bar at 75mph and mirror vibrates enough to make it hard to see! Worse now. I think they put to much in.

Either way...think I'm done with beads. Went to order some Ride-on products...but all are out of stock. So...are they out of business?

Anyone know?

Thanks,

david

So here you go.

Spyder wheels kept going out of balance, put in 1oz of beads,,,I'm cheap and the weights were still installed,ran better,, lost weights on the one front this week,,, added 3oz to that wheel,, not so good yet,,,, went and added another 1oz to the front, now 5oz on both fronts and 3 more to the rear, now also 5oz. Rides like a dream so far. We'll see better tomorrow and on the weekend. They say you can better put in too many than not enough,, makes sense to me.

In preparation to my big trip, I just mounted new PR4's on the FJR. I had bought Dyna Beads, but after reading about Ride On, I bought 2 bottles and will fill treat the tires before I leave Monday. I figured that it is worth the cost if I am in the middle of the Rocky Mountains and encounter a tire issue.

I'll just use the beads in one of the other bikes.