IGNORED

Bored out of my mind

Gary N.

It will be three weeks Tuesday since I got my new left knee. I'm able to walk short distances with a cane and I can drive the Mercedes Roadster because it's the easiest to get in and out of. I go to PT three days a week and gradually I'm getting a little more flexibility but my knee still feels like it's in a vise. I'm very impatient with the recovery process. The weather is so nice and I can't really do anything. I did manage to cut some grass today on the lawn tractor. Sure felt good to do something. I sat in the old truck and was able to operate the clutch but I don't feel like I'm strong enough to drive it yet. Definitely won't be getting on the bike for a while yet. Don't think I could get it off the side stand.

Just wanted to vent. Hope you don't mind. :(

Guest HdHtr
It will be three weeks Tuesday since I got my new left knee. I'm able to walk short distances with a cane and I can drive the Mercedes Roadster because it's the easiest to get in and out of. I go to PT three days a week and gradually I'm getting a little more flexibility but my knee still feels like it's in a vise. I'm very impatient with the recovery process. The weather is so nice and I can't really do anything. I did manage to cut some grass today on the lawn tractor. Sure felt good to do something. I sat in the old truck and was able to operate the clutch but I don't feel like I'm strong enough to drive it yet. Definitely won't be getting on the bike for a while yet. Don't think I could get it off the side stand.

Just wanted to vent. Hope you don't mind. :(

Hang in there Gary. I was off my First Gen 60 days after my knee replacement. I was driving my 64 Ford F100 (292 Y block and 4 spd) inside 45 days. And PT people. Aren't they just the sweetest MONSTERS you ever met? They smile, talk nice to you then just plain HURT YOU. How's your range of motion?

Hang in there Gary. I was off my First Gen 60 days after my knee replacement. I was driving my 64 Ford F100 (292 Y block and 4 spd) inside 45 days. And PT people. Aren't they just the sweetest MONSTERS you ever met? They smile, talk nice to you then just plain HURT YOU. How's your range of motion?

I'm only about 95 degrees so far maybe 100 if I push hard. Ya those PT people are licenced torturers.

Guest HdHtr
I'm only about 95 degrees so far maybe 100 if I push hard. Ya those PT people are licenced torturers.

Push hard and keep pushing. Sounds like your doing good. Keep it up.

Slightly off subject but looks like I have surgery next month myself, not joint replacement thank goodness. But life-changing gastric bypass. The plan was to have it late sept/oct, but the doc called today and said my tentative surgery date has been moved up due to my family doc unknowingly documenting weightloss counseling since last yr. I need to ask when I can be pillion again. I'm excited! They expect me to be 130-150lbs by this time next yr.

Man, my heart is with you bud. I don't do recovery's well either......although I have never had any major operations:

Around Oct / Nov of this year though, I will be getting around 4 surgeries performed to get back in shape for 2015 years riding..

Hang in there my friend.

Before you know it you will be working that clutch on the truck ...and on the bike...:thumbsup2:

Kind of know what you is going through, got my knee out of joint just in time to miss out on the IR at the Hub a few years ago, couldn't ride until late Oct or so. Relax, enjoy and pretend you're the king,,,,, maybe that will help.

Like others and yourself Gary, I dont do well with surgery recoveries either.. Spent over a year in a body cast (shell) after 5 back surgeries back in 03.. Than almost another year going thru PT to regain mobility.. IT SUCKED but the alternative was a wheel chair so I did like you - worked through it.. I can really feel for you my friend but trust me,, you will be GLAD you did it once your thru it..

Hang it there, vent here (ya got friends and family here that care) all ya need to and than, when its over, lets meet n greet for ice cream before we ride off into the sunset with bodies that dont hurt no more!!

Puc

Well hang in there and work through it. at least your not stuck in a bed!!! :yikes: And I'm not good with PT. I have a bad habit of NOT doing it!! :whistling: I will go for the first few times and if they start telling me to do stuff that makes no sense to me it's done I don't go back again!!! :think: I have always found that using the afflicted body part normally Works out fine for me. :stickpoke: OH, don't take any advice from me!!!!!!!!! :backinmyday:

Hang in there Gary, I think being bored and feeling rammy is a good sign! It means you are not having any complications or problems. Dig out your Alaska trip log and re-live that adventure.

Hope ya keep getting stronger.

Craig

Edited by cecdoo

Gary it will get better, I felt the same as you at 3 weeks post surgery. It seemed that at about 6 weeks the corner turned and I felt I was going to really improve. After about 3 months I had nearly full range of motion. The knee is great now. Still feels a bit different than the other one but no pain. I won't hesitate to do the other one when the time comes. Do the PT.

Good Luck,

Dennis

Hope all goes well with the new knee. I broke my left foot yesterday so if you need a partner in any three legged races give me a shout.

Cheers, Scott

Now why did you go and do that for,,,, I could have told you it would be apainful!

I can sympathize with you about the therapists, but that's the key to getting back. I haven't had a knee done, but I go Wed to see my doc about the details of getting my right hip replaced. Had the left done in '06 and never looked back or felt better, then had a 3 level spinal fusion in '11, it just sucks getting old. I've been told though that knees are way more extensive recovery-wise than hips. Good luck, and keep on 'habbing!

Hope all goes well with the new knee. I broke my left foot yesterday so if you need a partner in any three legged races give me a shout.

Cheers, Scott

Wow, Scott, did you not have anything better to do than break your foot? How did you go about doing that? Hope you recover from that and how is the vision doing?

RandyA