IGNORED

I didn't hurt it much Don!!

Yammer Dan

Mouse wrist may be busted so no long posts today. I got this one by easing along and being too carefull. Killed engine when I needed it with nowhere to put foot down. Didn't see anything on bike but footpeg that caught it when I had to give up. broke it completely into. Wouldn't have thought those things were pot metal for what they charge for them. Later.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it back up and in garage but was hurting pretty good at time and Warden was going nuts about my back so I didn't get real close inspection. Seems foot peg caught entire weight of the thing and when it broke my foot was handy. Trying to ease it in there instead of just going and killed engine just as I was about 1/2 way up on edge of unfinished concrete pad. Was no way to catch it. If I had just gone in there instead of trying to go so slow!!! Too sore to make garage right now. Bout ready to burn whole thing down!!!! No its cinderblock....

you shoulda had some of that winter antifreeze...aka bike parking fluid in ya....that's it, you were just low on parking fluid. Now its time to soak your ailments in alcohol (from the inside) youll be better before ya know it..

Bill:cool10:

The one thing you can count on with a second gen is that if you get it much more than 2-3 inches off center when stopped, or, below 3 mph... acceleration is the only thing that is going to get it back up.

As far as the drop off, even a 2" deep pothole can get you into trouble when you've got a 30" inseam...

First reaction is to put your foot down... I learned the hard way to keep mine up. Those saddlebags love feet... :whistling:

Takes a big man to come forward so that others may learn.

You the man!

Hope you heal quickly!

Dan Dan Dan... Dan...

I think we really need to come up with a different name for you on the site here... :whistling:

:sign killer dude: Agree with you Eck, how about Bone Casher. don't know is it any bone in Dan's body intact.

Here's new avatar for you Yammer !!! And.... Get well soon dude !!!

Edited by stardbog

:sign killer dude: Agree with you Eck, how about Bone Casher. don't know is it any bone in Dan's body intact.

Here's new avatar for you Yammer !!! And.... Get well sun dude !!!

I have had over 70 broken bones. Tried to count them up one day and got tired.

I USED to ride hard ( See That Honey??) Play Hard and Work hard.

I got it back up and in garage but was hurting pretty good at time and Warden was going nuts about my back so I didn't get real close inspection. Seems foot peg caught entire weight of the thing and when it broke my foot was handy. Trying to ease it in there instead of just going and killed engine just as I was about 1/2 way up on edge of unfinished concrete pad. Was no way to catch it. If I had just gone in there instead of trying to go so slow!!! Too sore to make garage right now. Bout ready to burn whole thing down!!!! No its cinderblock....
Seems like that garage has been the bane of your existence for a while now.:whistling: I guess a garage can be a tormenting Dragon too.

70 broken bones ? You need to stay in the house. Evel Knievel didn't even have that many :)

Milk does a body good for those weak bones :rotf:

Just kiddin with ya , as I'm sitting here healing up from two operation on my elbows. I had to have Ulnar Nerve surgery on both arms . Go tomorrow to get the stitches out of the left one and schedule to have the Carpal Tunnel done in my right hand . Getting to close to golf season for this crap. I did ride the bike a few times so that's good to go.

Man, you did give us couple scare over a years, damn this one is like scratch :missing tooth:

I told ya to stay with 1st gen, 2nd gen will get ya :doh: :rotf::rotc:

Get on bike soon.

Mom used to say when I showed up she was looking to see where the new cast was!! A lot of this number can be put on accidents like foot with over 30 breaks according to doc that put it back together and accident in late 70s with 27 at once from head to toe. It is possible, Broke four in hand at once. Guy didn't get up for a while. Couldn't count breaks in leg in 06 and other foot in 09 had all 5 broke. It adds up but I hope its done. This healing crap ain't fun any more. Besides I done told Warden I quit riding like that!!!:whistling:

Dan, sorry to read about that dropped Bike.

But, to be honest, i'd rather have a Injuries from riding to hard or fast than from dumping my Ride on SLOW Move. :crying:

That was one of my first thoughts Squeeze. Easing it along like a old man cost me. When that engine died it was a done deal. it just had to happen in the only spot that I couldn't put a foot down. A foot in either direction and no problem. Or if it had gone to the other side. If I had just stuck it in there like I should have but Warden was watching and I slowed down for some stupid reason. I hit harder than I ever have with such a slow drop. It slammed me down once it got hold of me. I hurt all over. Trying to hide that from the Warden but don't think I'm fooling her.