IGNORED

Asheville 2014 update

Venturous Randy

OK, folks, it is time to talk about Asheville.

Linda and I took a cage ride Friday and Saturday and stayed in Pigeon Forge, went to Gatlinburg and across the mountain to Cherokee and then on to Asheville. The main reason we went to Asheville was to go by the KOA campground and talk to them. I threw out the dates of August 7/10 and 14/17 and was told both weekends do not have anything scheduled and they would be glad to hold either weekend open and have a block of campsites down by the pond. They also have many cabins available.

So, at this time I want to see how much interest there is in having an Asheville event on either of these two weekends or if there is enough interest, we can consider another weekend. When I say weekend, many of the folks show up on Wednesday and leave on Sunday. Then, some just come for the weekend.

We also stopped at Okie Dokie BBQ Restaurant and our meal was delicious. When we drove across Clingman's Dome, there was still snow in places and the Blue Ridge Parkway was closed between Cherokee and Asheville, but we had an absolutely beautiful trip and this is one of the things that makes this rally so good, the amount of beautiful rides are so many that you could spend weeks exploring.

As has been said before, the Asheville rally is real laid back and we don't do a lot of scheduling. It is mostly come and have fun and visit and ride and eat. And there is plenty of all to go around.

I would really appreciate it if I could get some feel for who wants to come and please indicate a weekend that works best.

Thanks,

RandyA

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy,

Thank you for your input, insight and generous offer. If not for the commitment to the IR, I would be at Asheville as it is one of my favorite places on the East coast. Sadly, I am not in a position where I can take too much time off so close together. I will keep this on the radar for next time.

We could see about the weekend of the 23/24 if it would get the most people. I don't usually suggest that late as some have kids starting school. Again, this is your rally and suggestions are very welcome.

I would love to see a good turnout since it has been two years and this is also an area that is somewhat central for the eastern part of the country. It is also some of the greatest riding in the eastern part of the country.

RandyA

Randy,

My son is scheduled for a business trip flying from Australia to Toronto in August. He is not sure when in August (yet)..he even said it could be postponed until Sept or Oct..

However, "if" my son comes over in August Konnie and I will not be there.

If his trip is postponed then we will be there.

One more note: If my sons trip is just cancelled altogether.. Konnie and I are heading west for Sturgis, Redwoods, southern CA, Durango, and back home.