IGNORED

What the $%&* is it with Prius drivers ????

KIC

I have noticed over the last 6 months that a majority of the stupid drivers who either change lanes without looking or pull out in front of me. It has caught my attention that about 50% of the time it is a Prius.

One day alone I had two almost cause an accident..yesterday I was in the right lane on a major street when a Prius, who was 2nd in line at a stop sign to my right, pulled out behind the truck in front of them without stopping at the stop sign when it was their turn. :eek:

Of course that little piece of crap car didn't accelerate faster than a tricycle.

I am getting real tired of Prius owners !!!! :thumbdown: :buttkick:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a standing joke when Deb and I travel, that if there is a back up in the left lane of an Interstate highway, the odds are even that when we get to the offender, it will be a Prius going one mile an hour over the posted limit; lounging in the left lane. We even have a shorthand comment for them: P3L (Prius Left Lane Lounger).:confused24:

It is not just the Prius that I have noticed, It seems to be all expensive luxury cars. Many people that can afford one are of the mindset that they are better than anyone else and everyone should get out of their way.

I have come to the conclusion that cars like BMW, Mercedes, Cadillacs all come from the factory with no turn signals, and have a factory installed brain sucker built into the headrest.

Come down to certain parts of Florida, where there is not a crown of a particular band of car. THEY ALL drive like that in my area. Cataracts surgery, poor or no eyeglasses, hunched over the wheel, air tank in next seat with the line in the nose, smokers, wanna be gang bangers in a lime green 1979 2 door caprice with 55 inch spinners. It never ends here...

Try getting behind or better yet driving a Chevy aveo. Worst car on the planet. Makes the Prius look like a Ferrari. 0-60 MPH in little under a week....

HA! Interesting topic! I happen to drive Prius and I'm driving it the way I would drive any other car. And it drives like any other car, too. So, no excuse for anybody driving that car to drive too slow. Granted, it's not a sports or muscle car but it can accelerate just fine (if you want to). I would respectfully disagree when you put the guilt solely on the Prius drivers - you just happen to came across two in a row that are like that. And you wouldn't even notice what car they've been driving - unless they are driving a PRIUS. Wouldn't it be awkward to say: "Those Honda Rebell riders are riding way too slow. I saw two of them today and both of them were riding bellow speed limit!".

Why am I saying that?

Believe it or not, there's quite an animosity towards Prius drivers, at least in the area where I live. As a matter of fact, I've posted a thread about it at the Prius forum and quite a few drivers respond with the same experience - truck and SUV drivers trying to race the Prius drivers! I know, I agree, it's totally childish and immature... but it happens more often than you think. I would drive easily 10-15 over and they'll still try to pass me by. Not mentioning at the stop light, that "drag racing" is another story... Personally, I even have an experience of a truck driver cutting me off to the point of almost pushing me off the road.

There are good drivers and there are bad drivers. And they are driving all kind of cars, depending of what they like and what they can afford. I don't believe Prius should be driving slower than any other car cause there's no reason for it. But, other drivers will notice if they do drive slow. More than they would notice any other car makers.

Just my two cents...as a fellow rider and a Prius driver.

p.s. I have to drive a Prius since I'm driving a lot (a lot!) and that's the only way to save on gas (when it's really cold hahaha)... With two kids in college, you do what you have to do, right?!

:sign yeah that:

It is not just the Prius that I have noticed, It seems to be all expensive luxury cars. Many people that can afford one are of the mindset that they are better than anyone else and everyone should get out of their way.

I have come to the conclusion that cars like BMW, Mercedes, Cadillacs all come from the factory with no turn signals, and have a factory installed brain sucker built into the headrest.

http://venturerider.org/forum/images/smilies/sign%20yeah%20that.gif

I like the traffic law in Germiny------Fail to move over for a faster moving vehicle and yo face a hefty fine I believe it was around 500 euros. Believe me not too often do stragglers block the go lanes on the Autobahn. One thing that is good over there is when they set a fine they set a fine. Not like the token fines over here which basically is too much for a low income person but affordable for a high income person. Fines should be a deterrent not a small government donation.

Maybe governments are afraid that if they set the fines to high people won't break laws and they won't collect enough money.

I have noticed over the last 6 months that a majority of the stupid drivers who either change lanes without looking or pull out in front of me. It has caught my attention that about 50% of the time it is a Prius.

One day alone I had two almost cause an accident..yesterday I was in the right lane on a major street when a Prius, who was 2nd in line at a stop sign to my right, pulled out behind the truck in front of them without stopping at the stop sign when it was their turn. :eek:

Of course that little piece of crap car didn't accelerate faster than a tricycle.

I am getting real tired of Prius owners !!!! :thumbdown: :buttkick:

Riding in Tucson was great back in 1973. use to go to the Bum Steer for the best steak sandwich ever, lot of collage girls too, best part of my life! :backinmyday::backinmyday:

On the contrary, I had a conversation with a Prius driver through open windows at 85mph in the middle of Montana, comparing fuel mileage at different speeds. He was a fun Prius driver.

Well I can buy a small gasoline car, about the same size as a Prius, for around 14K.

And with the 8 to 10K Less then the cost of a Prius, I can buy enuf gas to go 100,000 miles, for the Cost of a Prius.

As far as I am concerned they do not make economic sence!!

When you send one to the junk yard, what is the cost of Disposeing of that big, battery, full of hazordous chemicals ??? Just wondering. And who pays that fee??

The Prius will get much better gas mileage in town than ANY other car, like 50mpg, I said IN TOWN. I drive a hybrid, not a Prius, and I can zoom around if I choose or I can try to maximize my mileage. Like with any car zooming around all of the time wastes gas and gets you there a fraction of a second quicker, in town. It may make you feel like you're winning the race but it's really a pretty insignificant lead without reckless driving, not to mention the extra wear imparted by torque vs inertia. I try to keep my RPMs down to 2000 or so when I'm burning gas and I can only go about 45 on batteries but I have to use gas to get started from a light or the start is just too slow. If I never run it on batteries then I am wasting a feature of my vehicle and wasting gas though. I don't get any better mileage on the highway than anyone else so I'll drive the speed limit or a little over if it seems to be working out. Maybe your local Prius drivers are a little more law abiding? Maybe you need to work with local authorities to get the speed limits increased?

Use the other freaking lane, I don't get intimidated by tailgaiters, I slow up a little more. If you have the pinkslip of my vehicle you can drive it, otherwise not. If you pay for my fuel I'll burn it as quickly as you want me to, within reason, otherwise I will burn it as quickly as I see fit. This then is how things work.

One morning a dude in Hanover PA passed me on the right (I was in the left lane to make a turn), cut me off, then turned into the station I was going to for coffee. I was lucky enough to be in time to hold the door open for him to enter the station. As he did so, I asked if it was true? He asked," what? " And I replied,"Is it true that the first thing they do at the BMW dealer was to suck out every remaining bit of common sense and good manners?"

I can't print his reply here.

As we spent the next few minutes in close proximity I tried to keep our pleasant little conversation going. It was a one sided affair by this time though.:confused24:

first thing we notice when we moved to southern Florida is how Bad people drive ...............on the phone talking if not texting, cutting you off, no signal lights,using the horn all the time, pedestrian crossing anywhere, elder people, distracted tourist, foreigners that saw and drove a car for the fist time in their 40's etc etc .......... the good think is when I go to Argentina or Uruguay I almost don't notice any difference and blend in right away:confused24: lol

One morning a dude in Hanover PA passed me on the right (I was in the left lane to make a turn), cut me off, then turned into the station I was going to for coffee. I was lucky enough to be in time to hold the door open for him to enter the station. As he did so, I asked if it was true? He asked," what? " And I replied,"Is it true that the first thing they do at the BMW dealer was to suck out every remaining bit of common sense and good manners?"

I can't print his reply here.

As we spent the next few minutes in close proximity I tried to keep our pleasant little conversation going. It was a one sided affair by this time though.:confused24:

Are we related?? :rotfl:My Warden keeps telling me " I ain't going anywhere with you anymore!! You embarrass me!" :think:

Riding in Tucson was great back in 1973. use to go to the Bum Steer for the best steak sandwich ever, lot of collage girls too, best part of my life! :backinmyday::backinmyday:

Bum Steer closed down some years back. Was always an interesting place. Of course the highlight was watching the bathroom doors that had the opposite names on them.. with a little bitty arrow pointing to the other door..

MEN -->

And then they had that full size Cessna hanging from the ceiling on the 2nd floor.....hmmmm ... always wondered how they got that in there... :confused24:

My Prius is one of, if not the best car I have ever owned. I drove it for awhile and then told my daughter to take it and I drive her crappy old unreliable Chevy. The Prius is a great car and you can drive it just like any other car. If you want to drive fast you can, if you want to drive slow you can. It is kind of like riding a Yamaha when all the cool kids have Harley's. Some will look down their nose at you and find stuff to complain about. I am only spending my money, so only my opinion matters to me.

My original post really didn't attack the car, but the fact that it seems that 7 out 10 near misses are from Prius drivers. Just figured there must be a buyers pre-requisite that you had to hate motorcycles or something.. :shock3:

Around here you have to stay alert when driving the Prius because it is apparently as "invisible" as a motorcycle. People cut you off, pull out in front of you and generally act like they have the attitude "my vehicle is bigger than your vehicle, so you have to move out of my way". It is probably the sense of survival built in to motorcycle riders that allow you to even notice the Prius is there.

All vehicles are invisible to other drivers.

I drive a full size Chevy P/U, extended cab, 8 foot box, oversize cap. it is 7 feet high, 22 feet long, 7 feet wide and all bright fire red. Cars still pull out in front of me, cut me off, and drive as if I'm invisible.:confused24: Maybe they just are not looking or just don't care.

But I have noticed, the more expensive the vehicle, the less courteous the driver.

OK if we are going to stereotype here (no, I do not own or drive a Prius) then why is it all Harley riders insist on obnoxiously loud exhaust systems?? Their theory is flawed, they allow deaf people to have drivers licences but they don't allow blind people to have one, so I would rather be seen and not heard!

Barrycuda, are the Que tips getting to you down there??

Speaking of Florida drivers, get them up in the mountains and they are like a fish out of water. They drive like every curve needs a stop sign before they can go around it. It frustrates me real bad when on the Blue Ridge Parkway and they are going 30 mph and they will not pull over at the many overlooks and let the traffic go by.

RandyA