IGNORED

This is getting old..........

DragonRider

2 weeks ago we had to sit out a winter storm aka SnowJam in most of Ga. On Sat. we left for our curise to warmer climes and had a ball. Well guess what, we get back just in time for another winter storm, much worse than the first, mostly frozen rain and sleet, with some snow mixed in just for the hell of it.................Now I know how you Canucks and far northerners feel about snow and ice.:bang head::bang head:

We didnt fly, we drove down to NOLA to go on the cruise, then stayed a couple of days over to visit my son who still lives down there, we beat it by about 12 hours, but it was still worrisome driving back in the very cold rain and fog.:depressed::starz:

good thing you got in! I don't think the Atlanta airport is doing so well today...

Check out my neck of the woods. Google Tug Hill snowfall.

From 2007

Unofficially, the squalls have dumped 12 feet, 2 inches of snow at Redfield. If accurate, that would break the state record of 10 feet, 7 inches of snow that fell in nearby Montague over seven days ending Jan. 1, 2002, said Steve McLaughlin, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Buffalo.

Residents of this hardy upstate New York village seem unfazed. Redfield, whose economy thrives on snowmobilers and cross-country skiers, receives an annual average of 270 inches — more than 22 feet.

The hamlet of Hooker holds the state's one-year record with 466.9 inches, about 39 feet, in winter 1976-77.

This year we have had repeated storms of 22" plus in 24 hours. Child's play. Just a good old fashioned NNY winter. Last Sunday I spent the day on my old (1999) Arctic Cat running off groomed trails in waist deep powder. There is something about rolling a sled over at a 45 degree angle at 50 mph, left, right, left, right, through the snow that is surreal. You float sort of. Hard to explain.

But if you get it stuck,,,,,,,:doh:

We have got 4 to 5 inches of snow just today, started about 9 AM and it is still going. This is on top of the 4 inches we got yesterday.

I may have retired to far North in the South ...

It is God's way of telling you southerners to quit rubbing it in, that ya'll have a longer riding season than us northerners.

I hope you get through it safely.

hey i resemble that remark :yikes::bawling::buttkick: and it doesnt matter if its 20 below im still gona ride to the store on the bike to get the milk and bread only because im brave and stupid brave for riding in that weather and stupid for selling my truck 2 1/2 yrs ago :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head: stay safe and warm everybody i know im trying to

Ahhhhhh...... the Great White South ! Next thing you know they'll be saying 'aboot' and 'eh', wearing touques......

For those with the ice....stay safe and warm !

aboot that Don ya to late eh we started last week eh :bang head::bang head::bang head:

eh Don yall dont have a problem with people calling out from work cause of a little ice toyota blue springs plant had over 500 people call out my friend showed up for work along with about 100 others he got to work with the plant pres on the line and everybody was doing 2 processes and still managed to put out 159 cars they canceled red team shift but the plant pres told my friend he is considerd a rabbit runner on the line and would see him tomorrow i waiting for his call now to say how today went and how many got a write up and how many temps got canned

Edited by pmelah

Mother Nature is really biting back.... did you see what happened at the National Corvette Museum in Kentucky ? 8 cars into a sink hole

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/12/us/national-corvette-museum-cars-fall/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Now thats just plain WRONG!!!!!!! :crying:

aboot that Don ya to late eh we started last week eh :bang head::bang head::bang head:

eh Don yall dont have a problem with people calling out from work cause of a little ice toyota blue springs plant had over 500 people call out my friend showed up for work along with about 100 others he got to work with the plant pres on the line and everybody was doing 2 processes and still managed to put out 159 cars they canceled red team shift but the plant pres told my friend he is considerd a rabbit runner on the line and would see him tomorrow i waiting for his call now to say how today went and how many got a write up and how many temps got canned

Back in the early 80's I spent 6 months in Germany learning some manufacturing processes to set up a plant back here in Michigan.. They had beer machines (instead of pop) throughout the plant and by noon most everyone was kinda pickled.. I came home with the thought of,, IF YOUR GONNA BY A GERMAN CAR/BIKE, FIND ONE THAT WAS BUILT BEFORE NOON

Maybe anyone looking to buy a Toyota should watch out for those cars that were built during this ice storm:moon:.. On the other hand,, having the Plant President on the line may actually increase quality,, one never knows...:smile5:

We are well over 110 inches of powder here on the lake Michigan Lake Shore and still surviving.. I think the big difference between us and our southern buddys is we are equipped for it and mostMichigan drivers grew up with the stuff... Down yonder,,,,, its gotta be a major crisis,, I feel sorry for all my Southern buddys dealing with the stuff!!!:95:

Yah! I heard you woke up to -25 degrees F this morning John...

My friend, that is the part that is getting OLD. I don't know whether to :bang head: or :crying:. I din't actually check the temp, cold is cold and we aren't going to beat the -37F (without the wind chill) national record we set a while ago. I hope.