IGNORED

Down with the flu

BIG TOM

So I got my flu shot this year and I guess there is more than one strain of flu out there because I'm home today self medicating...It caught me off guard this past weekend....just got up...it almost 1pm.....feel like dog crap...its serious because I dont even like ice cream anymore............What does this mean ..? Am I doomed??:draming: :draming: :draming: :draming: :draming: :essen_024: :draming: :draming:

So I got my flu shot this year and I guess there is more than one strain of flu out there because I'm home today self medicating...It caught me off guard this past weekend....just got up...it almost 1pm.....feel like dog crap...its serious because I dont even like ice cream anymore............What does this mean ..? Am I doomed??:draming: :draming: :draming: :draming: :draming: :essen_024: :draming: :draming:
Are you sure it's not just an upset tummy from too much ice cream. That'll make you feel punny sometimes.

The only time I have ever taken flu shots was in the navy. Mandatory. Then i always came down with the flu. I have also noticed the only people that tell you you can't get flu from the shots are those giving the shots. I quit taking them and haven't had the flu since. Coincidence? Don't know, but I will stick with my plan.

The only time I have ever taken flu shots was in the navy. Mandatory. Then i always came down with the flu. I have also noticed the only people that tell you you can't get flu from the shots are those giving the shots. I quit taking them and haven't had the flu since. Coincidence? Don't know, but I will stick with my plan.

Gotta agree with this... Too many people swear by flu shots but I don't think it does anything for me.

ol Puc is sending you a great big -GET WELL SOON TOM!

WHEW For a minute there I thought he was sending you a big kiss..........

I never get flu shots. The ONE year that I got a shot I had a raging case of the flu for 10 days. A swig of DayQuil works great. Maybe as an ice cream topping.......

Yup I got to say the same thing. I was in USAF and they would come around to our grave shift when it was time and give everyone a shot. WEll heck then my whole crew was out at the same time. Sill dumb a$$ I would skip as many weeks as I could until they caught up with me and threatened to cost me money (article 15)

Add some vitamin C to your routne.

Flu shots= Big money making scam!:no-no-no:

Haven't taken one in 40 years, and i am still here ...

Getting sick once in a while is how a motorbike feels while its getting a tune up. Once done, it runs better than before. :confused07:

:thumbsup2: Take lots of liquid and rest and you will be fine, Big Tom.:thumbsup2:

:beer: not beer....use water instead.

I'm one of those ppl because I have asthma that needs the flu shot. For a couple of yrs because I and my oldest both have moderate to severe asthma, would make everyone in the house get a shot. On the yrs Mike got the shot, everyone got majorly sick, Rose wound up in the hospital with me almost as sick. Since then we learned that everyone else can get the shot, but keep it away from Mike, he's never had the flu since either. And that was a decade ago.

Like alot of things I think they have thier place. But its not a "one size fits all" deal. Elderly, certain illness or situations those folks probably should get it. I just vitamin C up thru the winter and hope for the best. So far since being out of the USAF since Jan of 96 I have had the flu twice and one of those was in the summer.

Went to work Wednesday.....I was home by noon....slept all day yesterday....going to work today...feel just ok...but better than I have all week....should be an easy day...........Judges dont like to work on Fridays....! PS..ate ice cream yesterday so I must be good to go...! :fnd_(16):