IGNORED

Thoughts on 2014 WNY mini rally

BIG TOM

Ok guys and gals...had a talk with Terry at Pioneer motorsports about combining our mini rally with a local spyder group that rides out of pioneer.I know some of our members have ridden with them on their rides and tell me thay are a good group like our members here....fun loving , respectful and no goof balls ( well kinda like us with the exception of the goof balls).........well the Idea is to show them how we plan an event and to get our numbers up from 60 that attend to 100 or so....this would help toward the cost of the band when we pass the hat and we would have more campers there...this year I am thinking about more activities at the venue...bike games...softball..picnic games..etc.. (gonna call on the CNY boys on this) and much shorter daily rides......the BBQ will be catered as to free up our members so that they can enjoy the activities and not come to the rally to work all weekend......I want to keep it more relaxed and a less timed event....(we try to cram in as much as possible.....) so what do yo guys think about this ........do you want to expand this to include the local spyder group or do we keep this to ourselves ????? YOUR THOUGHT ARE NEEDED ...THIS IS YOUR RALLY..Tell me your thoughts..........:fnd_(16):

My feelings would be that if Pioneer wants to combine another group with our group and sponsor both of the groups on the same weekend lets do it. Both of the groups have the same interests, and I see both of the groups benefiting from a combined weekend rally. That's how I would look at it.

My feelings would be that if Pioneer wants to combine another group with our group and sponsor both of the groups on the same weekend lets do it. Both of the groups have the same interests, and I see both of the groups benefiting from a combined weekend rally. That's how I would look at it.

Its not that Pioneer is pushing us to do this, its more of trying to help this group evolve by seeing how we do things...Its a great weekend and I would like to see more people attend but I dont want to take this event away from our group...IT is OUR rally and will remain so if we choose.....I am waiting on a contact number for one of their members....maybe they wont be interested..!!!! thanks for your thoughts.....................

I hear what your saying Tom, a more relaxed schedule free type gathering, aka...like a family reunion. horseshoe's and other type games. bike games??? not sure how the spyders would join in on that, cause those are surely reserved for two wheeled bikes, based on agility and control.

But YES, I am down for involving others to make a better outcome, and the spyders are also YAMAHA'S, so why not.

Just as long as they are game to be involved with us, like one other said already.

I'm OK with the plan to but just a small correction.....the Spyder is NOT Yamaha. :)

Just to clarify...I'm not suggesting that because they are not a Yamaha that we shouldn't do this. Just correcting a statement. :) I don't care that they are not Yamaha's.

Edited by Freebird

I'm OK with the plan to but just a small correction.....the Spyder is NOT Yamaha. :)

Just to clarify...I'm not suggesting that because they are not a Yamaha that we shouldn't do this. Just correcting a statement. :) I don't care that they are not Yamaha's.

geez, if your going this far, you mite want to let Harley"s and Honda's in?:doh::whistling::rotf::rotf:

I understand Hell's Angels are in town that week.....Ok just kidding. I'm thinking any group like ours would be a good idea. Make sure you recruit some of their people to help with the setup. I like the idea of catering, let Ken relax for a change. All though he did seem to be very relaxed during the concert.:crackup:

Nice thought, but I'll play the devil's advocate,, I'm like that you know, always coming up with what's wrong with it, or why we shouldn't do something,,,,, not that I'm against growing, but it has some issues.

I guess we all want to see events, groups, meetings,,, what ever,,, grow. That means people like what's going on and ask others to join in, and that means that the organizers did a good job,, kind of like a barometer like. Thing is, I like it small, that way way I get to meet and spend time with a more intimate group, we get to know each other better, we share with each other more,, we're more like family.

I have no interest in attending Friday 13th, Americade, Sturgies, or any such big gathering. They have an attraction for the reason that lots of folks attend and there is a lot there, but no interest for me.

I can see the reasons for your suggestion, and have no issue with that, but I think we'll also loose our identity. Having more folks attend a rally is no attraction for me, I enjoyed what little time I could be there this year and hopefully next year I'll get to spend the whole time there, but if it becomes a mega gathering I'll figure there's enough folks there already.

Just my thoughts.

I understand what Carl is saying about the big crowds. Don't care form them my self. But on the other hand I understand the reasoning for the expanded get together. It could work if it could be set up to have some kind of venture Riders only get together during the beginning of the meet. Especially for those of us who have only met a few of the members. I get confused enough as it is. Of course it would have to be done in a way as to not offend the Spyder Riders. Perhaps have a few key members of there group there for the whole weekend to see how it is done and have the rest come in as guest for the BBQ and Saturday night entertainment. That way Saturday morning and Sunday can be for the Venture Riders to do there thing. Just a suggestion.:detective:

:mytruck1:

Just a thought here but if you have a group M&E then both group activities should be combined as well. Having separate activities may alienate the other group and vice versa. When different groups are planned as one there should not be an "us" vs "them" situation.

Now if Freebird attends and brings his new bike then I say he must be forced to have Yamaha badging on the tank.....:whistling::stirthepot::stickpoke:

My suggestion is rename it from the WNY Regional to the Northeast North American Regional so that out of staters and Canadians feel welcome...

THANK YOU SO MUCH BOBBY !!!

YOU WANNA LEAVE US INTERNATIONAL GUYS OUT ONCE AGAIN !

I think this should be named:

Northeast North American, Northern Europian Regional Rally !

Simple short and catchy !

Man,,,I am gonna bring MORE SHARK and add WHALRUS AND SPERMWHALE to share with the Black Death next time ! And you can bet your swe3! a$$ that you will get a full serve of that delicatassee with your Black Death BOBBY BOY!

I think that the Pioneer Spider Riders would be a great addition. They do not have an organized group like we do,may be because our group( family ) is so well organized this would help them become a group. This way Pioneer could use the Earls park for more events. They help us a lot so we should give them a helping hand.

From what I understand the spyder group consists of about 30 riders....Our members have ridden with them on their rides and tell me that this group is a mirror image of our WNY group...Last year at our rally we had 36 sign up and maybe 55 show up for the BBQ and band....ACTUALLY the WNY group and Pioneer opened up the concert to our friends and family's and to pioneers select customers...Thats why we had around 130 or so for the band.... It would have looked really sad for pioneer to provide us with a band for 35 members.....as it was.... we took up a collection to help pay for the band but was way shy of the final bill....again we did this as a good faith gesture for all the things that pioneer does for us...during the band , I noticed that the Armstrong's brought pounds and pounds of hot dogs and rolls to feed EVERYONE during the band...I didn't know who supplied the food until the next day...again..I am glad that you all are commenting on this thread and welcome more comments...so please do so !!!!!!

would the Spyder bunch appreciate black death?

EVERYONE loves hot sex[/QUOTe

Talked to Jonas tonight....we will have 2 guests from Iceland next year..he is bringing a friend from home.....and he may also bring Gretta which will make 3.. This may turn into the WNY ICELANDIC RALLY.........:whistling:You think they may be useing the black death to take us out????:think: