IGNORED

Keep losing my right nut

ediddy

I ordered the seat nuts from Rick Butler a few years ago and they worked great. Had my seat off one day cleaning the bike and when I started to put the seat on I dropped the right nut and couldn't find it. I am on my second set now and the right one keeps coming off. Anyone know what is causing this?

Are you sure the bolt isn't stripped? You might have to replace or rethread the bolt and use a different size nut. As another option, consider using purple or blue locktite to avoid the nut from coming loose. Both of those allow you to undo the bolt (blue being the more difficult).

Lost my nuts about the first time I had to take the seat off when out on the road to add air to the shock. I figured if the seat came off while riding I REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM.

Been about 10 years and so far no problems. I have had people who are shocked I don't have the seat bolted down, but like I said if the seat comes off I have a REAL PROBLEM. :cool10:

Lost my nuts about the first time I had to take the seat off when out on the road to add air to the shock. I figured if the seat came off while riding I REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM.

Been about 10 years and so far no problems. I have had people who are shocked I don't have the seat bolted down, but like I said if the seat comes off I have a REAL PROBLEM. :cool10:

If you have to trailer your bike, you will have a problem, found my seat laying loose on the trailer deck. Lucky it never blew off. could of been expensive.

Outside of the stud threads being worn out, the way they stay on is to tighten them just till the threads get a thread and a half bite into the plastic of the self locking nut and get hard to turn. The first time I had a set I kept wanting to tighten them till they were snug. Didn't work and they wouldn't come off without using a pair of pliers on them. Kinda defeated the purpose of the things in the first place. Now I know..... :backinmyday:

I tried the Rick butler nuts ( also over tightened and ruined them), wing nuts, and standard nuts, all failed. Try using a barrel nut which is much longer than a standard nut allowing you to tighten it easier and use a lock washer. never came loose after that:backinmyday: :080402gudl_prv:

I dont know what you guys are doing with your nuts but I had Ricks nuts on my seat for many years and they never loosened up on me. Im guessing that your stud is getting worn out or stripped. Im a pretty big guy and I put a lot of stress on my nuts but Ricks nuts hold up well for me under all that pressure.

(you do realize that you cannot make this sound any better then it really is):smile5:

I dont know what you guys are doing with your nuts but I had Ricks nuts on my seat for many years and they never loosened up on me. Im guessing that your stud is getting worn out or stripped. Im a pretty big guy and I put a lot of stress on my nuts but Ricks nuts hold up well for me under all that pressure.

(you do realize that you cannot make this sound any better then it really is):smile5:

Uhhhhhhhh...:stirthepot: