IGNORED

I just made an offer on...gasp!!...a Harley

Condor

My neighbor down the street was a Highway Patrolman, and he passed away suddenly about 4 weeks ago of a heart attack. He was a Motor CHP, and did ride his patrol bike home for lunch on occassion. He also owned a 2007 Road Glide with 6500 miles on the odo, so he didn't ride it much. He and his wife were seperated, and now the bike is up for sale and being stored in another neighbors garage across the street until it finds a new owner. So the neighbors and I were talking and they asked me what did I think the value of the bike was?? I said about 12, and then told him to relay an offer of $8500 to the wife. She might get more than that but it'll get rid of the real low ballers. Mark felt she was going to let it go cheap just to get rid of it. So we'll see.... :) It's like new..

Is the Road Glide the one with the fixed fairing and dual headlights? I like the looks of those. A guy in the rstd forum posted a photoshop of an rstd with that HD fixed fairing on it and it looked pretty good IMO. He was asking if anyone had done it/tryed it before.

I rented an Ultra Classic when we went to Maui in April. Did not like the cable clutch, clunky shifting or the heat when stopped, but other than that its a real nice, well balanced motorcycle. Rode the North shore road on west Maui (Kahekeli Route 340)two up and was actually more comfortable on the Ultra than I would have been on my RSTD just from a slow speed balance and control standpoint. My friedn suggested and I had not researched it prior to our trip. This road is one lane with sheer drops, blind uphill hairpins, section with bad asphalt and loose gravel and no guard rails. Not for the faint of heart, I've done it once, lived to tellabout it, but would probaly not do it again.

Anyhow I enjoyed the ultra overall and would buy one with a water cooled, shaft drive, hydraulic clutch drive train.

A 2nd gen and now a Hardley.....:duck: I guess we all get older and slower sooner or later!! I'm gonna hate that!!:whistling:

Hope you get it Jack. If I win Powerball I'm going to get one to sit out front for everybody to look and hide my 1st gen out back!!!:rotfl:

$8,500. would be a Steal. For 2014 H-D is Discontinuing the Road Glide, supposidly comming out with updates in 2015. So, to buy it for that cheap would be a good find. Myself, I really like the Ultra, but truly miss the RSV. Last night sitting around at a campfire, the Mrs said to our Harley friends (that we have rode thousands of miles with) that she likes the RSV better than our Ultra. Um, one never knows what the future holds...Later-

I went to KBB to check pricing. Trade in value... the new retail :)....is $10,333. Old retail is $13,000 and change range. So an $8,500 offer isn't all that low. Yes it's the one with the fixed fairing and duel headlights. It also had a few extras. Reinharts, and the audio system, but no passenger back rest. The engine is a '96' cubic inch. Since I don't frequent the local Harley dealer and drool, this is the first time I've had the opportunity to look at one close up. I did find some picky issues in the fit and finish that I wouldn't have expected with a Harley 'quality' build, but over all it's 'Harley' looking.... I really don't think the offer will go thru, but you never can tell... :whistling:

Here's a Road Glide on CL locally... http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/3914087616.html

Edited by Condor

For a clothing company Harley Davidson make a nice bike too.

While we were on an Alaska cruise, I dropped into the local Harley dealer in Ketchikan. Wall to wall T-Shirts. Not a bike in the joint. Because they did have T's up 6X, I bought one in 4X.... :) Now I gotta get the matching bike.??.. :whistling: On another occasion, on one of the Cody rides, the group was taking a potty break, and I remember 2 couples riding up on their Harleys, and they looked like they had just steped out of the center spread of a Harley clothing catalog. The only drawback was I forgot to take a picture. :)

We went on a family vacation a few years ago and it brought us through Sturgis on the way to Utah during the rally. There was a guy about 7' tall and the largest human being I had ever seen with a pink Mohawk, I was video tapping the seen and I mumbled "that leather makes you look like a pansie" . The bride said I don't think he heard you should I go tell him that, ummm "NO". I would say nice consume when they had all the paraphernalia on and my two daughters started to say that louder than I wanted. they were 14 & 15 at the time. What ever blows your skirt up ..have at it. :whistling:

$8,500. would be a Steal. For 2014 H-D is Discontinuing the Road Glide, supposidly comming out with updates in 2015. So, to buy it for that cheap would be a good find. Myself, I really like the Ultra, but truly miss the RSV. Last night sitting around at a campfire, the Mrs said to our Harley friends (that we have rode thousands of miles with) that she likes the RSV better than our Ultra. Um, one never knows what the future holds...Later-

I read in Rider Magazine that the main reason Harley is stopping mfg of the Road Glide and doing a redesign is because of a pissing match they're having over the fairing with Eric Buell. Apparently Buell designed that fixed fairing for the Road Glide while he was married to Harley, and now he is wanting a large sum of money for every fairing they sell. Harley is going to redesign it with a new fairing so they don't have to pay him.

Also, there is a huge rumor that the new Road Glide is going to be water cooled. If they do that, there'll be a sea of folks leaving there current brands and buying that bike. IMO.

We just hosted our annual family 4th of July gathering two weekends ago, and my cousin and his wife brought their Road Glide. I took it for a ride, and besides the fact that it shook like a mofo while idling, the thing was really nice. Smooth as glass on the freeway.

. So the neighbors and I were talking and they asked me what did I think the value of the bike was?? I said about 12, and then told him to relay an offer of $8500 to the wife. She might get more than that but it'll get rid of the real low ballers. Mark felt she was going to let it go cheap just to get rid of it. So we'll see.... :) It's like new..

I checked the forum rules, and this is just not allowed ! :yikes: We will excuse the mistake you almost made as a lapse of sound judgement due to your past performance. Otherwise this will have to be taken up with the VR Org committee and actions/sanctions will follow..besides you really don't want to ride around with leather strips dangling from your sleeves do you ??

:stirthepot: