IGNORED

Carb Sync tool

Carbtune pro. got a special with the case for $107.00 to my door. Never used one before but they wanted $140.00 to sync my carbs and thought why not. total time 45 min. to do everything after receiving it. need to cut the hoses and a damper. You will need a long Philips screw driver to reach the 1&2 carbs sync screw. 10min to actually sync the carbs the first time.

I have seen many references to the Carbtune on this site and obviously it is a preferred tool to use. But, I have used a set of 4 vaccuum guages for many years. They are mounted to a stamped steel housing and the 4 vacuum hoses have tiny valves in line to smooth out the pulses and steady the needles.

What advantage does the Carbtune have over the vaccum guage method?

Your vacuum gauges are fine and possibly even better. I like the Carbtune a lot but you CAN have a problem with a rod sticking from time to time. I will use my Carbtune as long as it does the job but if I were to have to replace it, I would probably go with the vacuum gauges.

I've had the Morgan Carbtune Pro for about 4 years now and it has more than paid for itself. If you ever think the slides are sticking just swap the hoses around to verify this. If it proves out that one is sticking, follow the instructions that come with it to clean and it should be good as new. The main thing to remember with this unit is to keep it free from dust and dirt. As with any other tool, you take care of it and it will take care of you.

There is no master carb you sink the front and rear carbs on the left side to each other, using the screw on the left side. Next you sink the right front and rear carbs to each other using the rear screw on the right side, and finally you sink the left pair to the right pair using the front screw on the right side.

So i got them sync'd now and still have the popping out the right exhaust but not as often. Is there such of thing as syncing until the popping is gone or does matter how many time you sync

Everybody has their own opinion on carb sync tools. I don't like the carbtune due to the fact that the rods stick in the chambers. I don't care for motion pro carb stick because the fluid that is used separates when used. I have had a set of 4 vacuum gages now for about 35 years and have done numerous different bikes and love them. When I sync carbs I will get it close at idle but the real test is at 3000-4000 rpm. You can't check carbs at this rpm with the carbstyx or carbtune. Just my 2 cents.

Prior to first use I hooked all four together with plastic "T"s and used a hand vacuum pump to set them all to the same mark; doesn't REALLY matter if they're actually calibrated as long as they all read the same. After that they worked like a charm.

Ive used 4 vacuum gages and they work, but how accurately? They will get you close. Mechanical gages with a adjustment screw to equalize all to master gage(one all will adjust to). Not as accurate as a digital, dont know bout carbtune. would I reccommend the 4gage set, absolutely. great for money spent. appx$50