IGNORED

Theres something wrong here in Florida when....

1BigDog

Theres something wrong here in Florida when it costs MORE to renew your registration for your bike then it does for your SUV or Mustang. 71 for each car/suv and 79 for the bike. I asked the DMV chick whats up with that and she had no answer.......At least they could have given me a senior citizen discount or something. Im really looking forward to retirement in 2 more years....sheesh

Florida doesn't have an answer for many of the things they do. I scratch my head at some of the rules and laws in place here. As well as those who enforce these laws and rules have little knowledge on why things are. They just say that's the way it is ..

That's high but remember you still don't have a state income tax. :whistling:

But they sure do make up for it in other taxes and fees.

But they sure do make up for it in other taxes and fees.

Every state is going to get their money. So much from each and every working stiff out here. Millions on Welfare are depending on us. And the politicians need their money and stuff.

We may not get raped to register our vehicles, but try living in NY State.

:mo money:WHOOPEE!!!:mo money:

Every state is going to get their money. So much from each and every working stiff out here. Millions on Welfare are depending on us. And the politicians need their money and stuff.

We may not get raped to register our vehicles, but try living in NY State.

:mo money:WHOOPEE!!!:mo money:

I lived in NY state ( the city actually) almost my entire life. I shipped myself to Florida in 2005. Started out ok, but things have gone progressively worse. Costs gone up, 1/4 to 1/3 of drivers do not have insurance, and people have seemed to forget manners and common sense. It appears that they just don't care. They quit jobs as fast as hey get them. Not ALL floridians, but a vast amount. Then all those Noo Yawkers coming down, it's like NYC, only hotter...

NY, specifically NYC, people are busy, the place is fast paced, have to pay $6 for Starbucks, the renals are atrocious,high priced. Not to mention the traffic. The insane tolls to cross into and out of Manhattan. I am glad I left NYC, bc it would have bled me dry. Florida finds plenty of ways to take your money ,just more subtle about it...

At least you can register them all in the same month. My birthday is in July, so you would think I would have to register everything in July. But no, my truck weighs over 5000 pounds (6700) so I have to register it every December, but my car and motorcycle get registered in July. What kind of sense does that make?

I think my RSV was like $90 or so in May. I could be wrong but thats what I remember. I am thankful the registrations are spread out. My truck (3/4 ton) is in Dec, the wifes car is in her name first so it goes off her Bday in Jan and then bike is on mine in May. I think my beater truck is over $125 her car an SUv is around 80-90 and everything except the bike is 2002 or older. Could be worse, my buddy is in Nc and not only do you pay to register you pay a property (I call it poverty) tax on vehicles. Like was said all states get their money just in different ways.

everything is getting out of control there. I lived in CLWR for 14 years and just moved back up north where I can afford to live. I read in TBT that a foreign investment company is buying up all the 3 bdm homes, and turning them into rentals. jacking the costs way up. now everyone thinks they can get that kind of money. traffic is insane, cant fix a road, population keeps growing. moved out to the country, best bang for my retired buck!

Theres something wrong here in Florida when it costs MORE to renew your registration for your bike then it does for your SUV or Mustang. 71 for each car/suv and 79 for the bike. I asked the DMV chick whats up with that and she had no answer.......At least they could have given me a senior citizen discount or something. Im really looking forward to retirement in 2 more years....sheesh

Hmmm. That is quite high compared to Pa. I only pay 18 dollars a year to register my RSV. Vehicles are apx 36 bucks a year. However, Pa require all vehicles to have a safety inspection and emission for cars and trucks. Just a safety check annually for bikes. This is where we even out I guess.

Hmmm. That is quite high compared to Pa. I only pay 18 dollars a year to register my RSV. Vehicles are apx 36 bucks a year. However, Pa require all vehicles to have a safety inspection and emission for cars and trucks. Just a safety check annually for bikes. This is where we even out I guess.

If Florida had a car and truck inspection, half of these vehicles would fail. I saw a pick up truck riding at night with NO LIGHT assembly. The front end, gone. Others have windshields missing, with no replacement, just ludicrous... But you wanna bother me about the smallest things...

Fla use to have a vehicle inspection back in the 70's. I was a mechanic in a garage back then. When the put it in the law 1/2 or better of the gas stations that did bay work installed the equipment to do inspections. Very minamal at first. Light check, wipers glass etc. By the time it was all done in the late 80's I guess (I was stationed out of state) they had headlight alignment machines, brake skid pad things emissions for some vehicles. Then all of a sudden boom, no more required state inspection. I had heard the reason they started was if they did inspections the Fed would match road construction dollars. I have to figure that dried up and the state in turn said the heck with it. A headlight, insurance, wiper glass check wouldnt bother me. Might get some of these junkers off the road. Oh wait we did that with cash for clunkers didnt we??

We may not get raped to register our vehicles, but try living in NY State. :mo money:WHOOPEE!!!:mo money:

John, I was born and raised in Brooklyn so I paid federal, state AND city taxes for years. The first 10-12 years in Florida was great then BOOM....I felt hands all over my pockets.

I have 8 registrations a year to do. 2 trucks, 2 trailers, Bike & Trailer, 2 cars. I pay 363 each year:mo money::mo money:

Yea, but some of that is a business write-off.....It cost me 220 for 3 vehicles.

All my bikes except two are non-op'd. But every year I still get a renewal notice for each one, and they all go up a bunch, active or not. I'm just glad that I don't have to pony up the bucks on each one. Except for the initial $20 fee the Non-op's are free. I bet it's driving the DMV nutz trying to figure out how to squeeze more money out of them.... Another area is our trailer PTI plates. About $35 bucks for 5 years. I have 6 trailers, and for some reason they can never get around to sending a renewal notice. When I registered the big sailboat trailer it cost $10 for 10 years before they changed the rules. Never did get a renewal??

Was that for a one or two year renewal? It was a little steep to register my bikes and cars in florida, a lot of that was excise taxes, I am not sure how much my renewal will be

Al

Was that for a one or two year renewal? It was a little steep to register my bikes and cars in florida, a lot of that was excise taxes, I am not sure how much my renewal will be

Al

That was for 1 year.

Two passenger vehicles, three motorcycles and two trailers. All but the passenger vehicles were purchased this year. Between title fees, taxes, registration and new plate fees, oh my. I don't really want to think about it.

Just realized something here while looking at my bike tonight.......I have a speciality tag, which explains why it pushed the price over the cars. DUH!!!!