IGNORED

the end of the wagner grill.

SteveW

saddened, upset, po'd sitting with mouth agape....what else can one say. Most upsetting for everyone most of all your family and yourself I am sure.

I have two grills right now, one on the bike and a spare hanging on the wall. Our daughter Courtney still remembers with glee the time you took her for a ride in the hack when we camped at Vogel. She thought the world of you....actually don't get your head too big....she does think the world of all the venturerider.org people we've met!

But that was special for her.

What does one say....damn.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tx2sturgis

Steve, although we had business dealings that were in conflict years ago, today I am saddened and genuinely in your corner.

I recently lost a great friend to cancer, and it's a devastating blow to all concerned.

Hang in there sir, and hopefully, 10,000 prayers sent from 10,000 members here will surely carry some influence upstairs.

Regards,

Steve,

This is hard to read even though I already knew a little something about it. You have been a great supporter of the organization and have offered one of the most fantastic and unique products of any for our bikes. Far beyond and more important than that though, you have been a good friend for many years. I really don't know what to say except that we will keep you in our prayers and you KNOW that if three is anything at all that we can do, just let us know. You are family.

Don

Steve,

When you came to Venture rally in Richmond Ky June of 2000. We brought three of your first grills. Still have mine today, paint afew times .

Enjoy what you have my friend.

Leonard Huff:fingers-crossed-emo

Not really much else to add or say. Everyone is touched by this dreadful disease at one time or another. Best thing to do is what you already said, take it one day at a time. Spend time with the family especially them grandkids. If I'm not mistaken you have a granddaughter that likes riding in your sidecar, might want to try and take a ride with her (weather permitting). Hope you can enjoy everyday ahead and maybe prove the docs wrong, after all they only practice medicine.

Good luck Steve, it's a hard road you're on right now.

Margaret

Steve, I really hate to hear you are going through this. Sadly, the big C has run rampant in my family also. I have just been lucky so far. Fight it with a vengeance. I do have some friends that were given a short timeframe like you, and have fought hard & are still going several years later. Lets hope you fall into that category. Miracles do happen.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am Steve Wagner's daughter Heather. I wanted to make a point of updating everyone on Venture Riders, as all of your love and support over the last few months really touched my Dad. He showed me all of the emails sent to him from well wishers and friends and I cannot tell you how much it meant to him and our family that he had this group in his corner. Sadly, my Dad passed away yesterday. He was comfortable and both my Mom and I were by his side. He was an extraordinary man. Strong, loving, and generous. I am so happy to call him my father and am so grateful that he had such wonderful friends. Thank you all. Gloria and Heather

Heather,

Thank you so much for your post. I know that you are going through a very difficult time and this had to be hard for you. Please know that Steve had a lot of friends here. I have met and ridden with him a couple of times and communicated with him often. He was not only a member here but a friend to many. He will not be forgotten.

Don