IGNORED

Leaf blowers...what type do you use?

Squidley

There was a thread started by Doug about drying the bike with a leaf blower.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3984

What I would like to know is what kind of blowers do you folks use. We were at Lowes yesterday and there is so many choices and different MPH of wind speed.

Freebird mentioned he has an 18 volt cordless, I have seen them from 120 MPH to better than 200 MPH. I like the idea of a cordless but would like to know who has the least MPH one that drys the bike well. I dont have any leaves to blow so I dont need a balls out unit.

....looking forward to some insite here :happy34:

When it comes to leaf blowers, mph is not nearly as important as the cfm, or cubic feet per minute that it puts out. A 500 mph stream of air is worthless if it's so small that it's only 2 cfm. For drying purposes, I'd rather have one that has a high cfm output with a low mph. Less chance of damaging anything that way.

I have a McCulloch blower, not even sure of it's rating anymore. Used to use it on the Goldwing, haven't washed the Venture yet. Haven't had it long enough.

I use a wet/dry vac that has a detachable blower. It is a Rigid 16-Gallon 6-1/2 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum with Detachable Blower from Home Depot Here is a link. Works great to dry the bike, and I also use it to blow the leaves out of the rain gutters on the house. Makes that job a lot easier than getting up there with a ladder.

Had me a picture of a leaf blower that I sent to Brad T a while back. Can't find it right now. Maybe he still has it and can forward it to you.......

and the folks in Toronta don't need a Leaf blower, ..... cuz their Leaf's really s.............

Oh Crap!!! That was hysterical. I am a diehard Islander fan and that is they funniest thing I have heard in a long time!!!!

We have two leaf blowers-1 we picked at a yard sale for 5.00. It is electric with low and hi on it. Mama likes it cause it is light weight and she can blow leaves out of her flower beds. Mine is the big macho backpack super blower grrrrrr:cool10: . I can blow leaves,small tree limbs,and all the shredded mulch out of mama's flower beds with it. :rotf: :whistling:

I tried it on drying down the bike but it is strong for that. I use the electric one or my craftsmen shop vac. I like the shop vac best cause with the crevice tool it blows out the nooks and crannys better but not too much air to really blow anything loose.

Mine's a 3 speed electric (Toro) similar to the one in Buddy's link. It has a little insert that reduces the size of the nozzle for Really high speed. That's the way I use it to dry the bike. I'ts a good few years old, but I'd recommend it if you happen to find one with that feature.

Guest Boomerbiker

The Stihl is a two cycle back pack unit. I was not in my second childhood of mc riding when we bought it to clear our yard. Probably overkill for drying the bike, but we use them extensively at the DPW for clearing leaves from the city's large cemetery; 435 - 589 cfm depending on tube configuration.

• 2 months later...
Had me a picture of a leaf blower that I sent to Brad T a while back. Can't find it right now. Maybe he still has it and can forward it to you....... .

Told you then I thought it was a picture of you when you were a kid, but this pic was in color and I am sure there was none back then. :rotf:

Brad

If I get any lawn equipment with cords, my wife has a tendency to cut through them. I had a choice of either repairing the cords, or doing the yard work myself. However, I came up with another choice that prevented the redistribution of manual labor in the yard - GAS POWERED leaf blower (Craftsman), hedge trimmer, mower, chain saw, etc. only.

Of this arsonal, I recommend only using the leaf blower to dry the bike.

RR

Toro gas powered for the leaves and grass. Use the wife's Weedeater brand electric for the bike on occasion.

WARNING: Keep the air from blowers away from your audio speakers!! The force of the air can tear the paper in the speakers and they will be shot!!