IGNORED

Venture purchase - Need input

Hello all...

For all who know me I have been saying I will get a Venture when I see one that just calls me

Today might be it.

Some input would help

I love my 2006 RSTD so I am in no rush to purchase

From a dealer I have been using for 5 years now and trust selling for an acquaintance

2000 Venture Red two tone

28,000 miles

Asking 5995.00

I offered 5000.00

She wants 5300.00

Spotless no damage I can find

Kuryakyn grips - Radiator grill cover - Bub Pipes and original included

2 helmets with all electronics -Passenger armrest - Saddle bags rails - highway pegs

Serviced and Rebuilt Carburetors just done over the winter

Seemed to start up OK

Owner Passed away 3 years ago it has sat in the garage

Been at the dealer for about 3 months now

:feedback:

Hello all...

For all who know me I have been saying I will get a Venture when I see one that just calls me

Today might be it.

Some input would help

I love my 2006 RSTD so I am in no rush to purchase

From a dealer I have been using for 5 years now and trust selling for an acquaintance

2000 Venture Red two tone

28,000 miles

Asking 5995.00

I offered 5000.00

She wants 5300.00

Spotless no damage I can find

Kuryakyn grips - Radiator grill cover - Bub Pipes and original included

2 helmets with all electronics -Passenger armrest - Saddle bags rails - highway pegs

Serviced and Rebuilt Carburetors just done over the winter

Seemed to start up OK

Owner Passed away 3 years ago it has sat in the garage

Been at the dealer for about 3 months now

:feedback:

I would see how the tires are, check for dry rot, cracks etc. this may help you bring the price down slightly if you can point out you need new rubber. I am not as savvy as the other members and may miss a few things but I would start with that. Sitting in the garage may lead to having to replace any fuel and air filters and lines. Did you start it up? Did you take it for a ride? Shift gears? The brake fluid and gear oil may need a flush = $$.

Check those and see if you can use that as leverage . If not, then decide if it is something you just can not live without? Sometimes, ya just have to bite the bullet... Good luck:fingers-crossed-emo

I have a 2000 model two tone red with about the same mileage the only problem I have experienced is when I went out west two years ago the ethanol fuels ate the O-rings in the petcock and the needle seats in the carbs. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and the price seems right especially with the options listed.:2cents:

Definitely point out the "unknowns" or visible aspects (age of tires more than 5-7 years?)... if carbs had to be rebuilt what else needs work from sitting? Although... if the dealer recommended rebuilding/cleaning the carbs they probably also suggested other work for what might have been affected by sitting.

For the sake of $300... it would still be a good deal.

I'm thinking it sounds like a good deal. I would add if I was that old and slow but I won't do that....:whistling: I do think it sounds very good with the extras.

As suggested check the rubber things.

Tell them how much a set of braided lines cost to replace those outdated ones.

Maint on things that are overdue.

Grease rear shaft and pins??

Air ride pump included?

2nd gen dont have an air pump. Although that might be something to look at the rear shock to see if there is leakage. A little research shows NADA average is 5275, that was taking the low price and the high and averaging out. Kelly Blue book shows 5380 in excellent condition and a trade in value of.........3700 !!!!! What the heck???

2nd gen dont have an air pump. Although that might be something to look at the rear shock to see if there is leakage. A little research shows NADA average is 5275, that was taking the low price and the high and averaging out. Kelly Blue book shows 5380 in excellent condition and a trade in value of.........3700 !!!!! What the heck???

Air pump to pump these things up. Forks. Hand pump.

Sounds like a reasonable deal. Check the date code on the tires and bring that to their attention. It sat for 3 years and I'm doubting they were replaced just before the PO passed. Most tires are close to a year old already when you buy them. 6 years is the tire manufacturer's recommended maximum age. Also flush the brake and clutch fluids immediately if not sooner. Yes, replace all lines with SS lines at the earliest convenience. Definately pay attention to the rear shock. Consider replacing the front springs. Check the torque on the triple tree bearings. Flush the cooling system. Change the oil immediately. Do all this and besides normal maintenance and you should be ready for miles upon miles of riding enjoyment!

Check the tires, pull the trunk liner up and check for cracks and pull the trigger!

There were a bunch of cracks

I bought it anyway took it apart

Drilled the ends of the cracks to keep from spreading

Sanded all the edges

Opened the cracks Filled Witt epoxy

Made a base from 22 ga sheet metal and will mount it to the bottom outside of the trunk

I will replace the washers with 22 ga strips and use both bolt holes note the one like original

Thanks for the tip

I'm happy that you got it, and am sure that your repair will hold it fine .

Did you keep the tour deluxe ir trade it?

I will keep it I like it to much to let it go at the moment

When we are sure the Venture in trouble free

Then we may

It paid for and runs great

Maybe I can get Robin to ride it

Thanks man