IGNORED

No Mo Ammo

Yama Mama

We are having trouble getting ammo. Is any one else finding it hard to get ammo?

At one of the Dick's stores, they said that it seems some people are hoarding the ammo, making it hard for people like us to buy a small amount. When they do get shipments in there are people waiting at the door when the store opens. It seems the only ammo that is available are shotgun shells.

Yama Mama

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, been kind of dry around here. My choice of shells are 12 ga. 00 buck and slugs for my shot gun. Bird shot I can find. Anything heavier is about gone. I got the last three boxes (10 packs) from the local sport shop.

Certainly been a run on ammo.

But I ran across some interesting reading the other day about where a lot of it is going.

This all started several months ago.

DHS is buying 750 million rounds of ammo in addition to the 450 million rounds of 40 cal. hollow points they purchased earlier this year. If it was military procurment I could understand it but that's a lot of ammo for this particular agancy. The media went wild that regular people can buy 6000 rounds of ammo via mail order but are strangley quiet on this one.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-to-purchase-another-750-million-rounds-of-ammo/

And then this.... I found very interesting. Something seems a little odd about this one.

The DOC NOAA National Weather Service - Western Acquisition Division ? Boulder requires the following items, Purchase Description Determined by Line Item, to the following:

LI 001, 16,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP). No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.

?Inside Delivery? to locations below:

NED:

8,000 rounds to: Ross Lane DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 130 Oak Street, Suite 5, Ellsworth, ME, 04605

8,000 rounds to: Troy Audyatis, DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 53 North 6th Street, Room 214 New Bedford, MA, 02740., 16, Cases;

LI 002, 24,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP). No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.

24,000 rounds to: Jeff Radonski, A/DSAC DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, SED 263 13th Avenue South, Suite 109, St. Petersburg, FL, 33701., 24, Cases;

LI 003, 6,000 rounds of frangible, 125-grain CFRHT .40 caliber. No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.

6,000 rounds to: James Cassin DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 3350 Highway 138, Suite 218, Wall, NJ, 07719, 6, Cases;

LI 004, 500 Transtar II blue 24" x 40" paper targets

200 paper targets to: Ross Lane DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 130 Oak Street, Suite 5 Ellsworth, ME, 04605

200 paper targets to: Troy Audyatis DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 53 North 6th Street, Room 214 New Bedford, MA, 02740.

100 paper targets to: James Cassin DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 3350 Highway 138, Suite 218, Wall, NJ, 07719, 500, Items;

Guest scarylarry

Tough here too..

Dick's is one place I would not shop they pulled the assault style rifles before anyone..

Academy sports have I some luck with, for some odd reason 22LR are hard to find, like one said shotgun shells are east to come by..

308 and 223 are the ones I can't find and when I do I load up even it is 2-3 boxes..

Tried to get some .22 Long Rifle stuff for plinking and varmints etc. Store told me 2 months before they get any in. Totally nuts. Never mind 9mm, .40 S and W, or .223/5.56. Its all hard to find. Up here handgun ammo, alot of rifle/hunting cartridges etc. are gone or in short supply. I think on the hunting rifle stuff, guys are buying extra because price will go up on all of it.

Walmart has dried up. Several of the feed stores here have various calibers available. How much are you looking for ? Academy had some .38 the other day. They have a limit of one box per caliber per visit. I could stop by but then you would have to pay shipping. Which make it kinda of expensive. People are acting kinda of weird right now.

Went searching today. Several walmarts several local shops, came home with.... ummmm let's see....

Nothing.

I'm beginning to think that my last trip to the range was a screw up.

Great ride today though. Good excuse.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I guess when my 100 rounds of 22lr are gone the over runners can kill me and I wont have to worry about it. They can have my 96 120k truck 02 140k truck the house we still probably owe more on than its worth and anything else.

Its a conspiracy , just like gas. "the sky is falling the sky is falling gas is short supply jack the price .15c" No more bullets they are in short supply and I have some so now they are twice as much.

Sorry this gun thing has just got way way stupid. If you need more than 5 rounds to hit something, you need a new past time.

here in ny, ammo is definately scarce. Our new "SAFE" act has guns, ammo, etc in high supply.

You can find ammo, but, you have to be looking around. Gander Mtn, local gun shops, walmart.... Walmart seems to sell out fast. Also, consider looking online. A good website to find the best deals - ammoseek.com.

Guest scarylarry
here in ny, ammo is definately scarce. Our new "SAFE" act has guns, ammo, etc in high supply.

You can find ammo, but, you have to be looking around. Gander Mtn, local gun shops, walmart.... Walmart seems to sell out fast. Also, consider looking online. A good website to find the best deals - ammoseek.com.

They ain't cheap either....I still can't get over 22lr being as high as they are...

There has been a run on ammo for sure, certainly in our area of North Carolina and here in Texas. Gun shop, WalMart, dry goods stores. Every thing from snake shot to lead nose. I haven't seen a box of .357 in a few months now.

Lot of people seem to be buying ammo up and a lot are trying to resell it at high prices.

One thing for sure ... this is a lot easier to handle than the TOILET PAPER SHORTAGE of way back when. I walk into a store and see no ammo I am dissappointed ... when I walked in a store to get toilet paper and there was empty shelves ... I PANICED!!!:rotf:

.38 Special and .357 are getting very hard to find in NY anywhere. Folks are "laying in a supply" before we have to do a background check for every purchase. I have t5o admit that I bought a few hundred more rounds than I usually have on hand because it is so hard to find now.

I wonder if this isn't partly one way for the government to stimulate the economy? :mo money: Send us running out to spend on ammo stimulates it for sure.

While I am on the subject I will ask for an interpretation of the 7 round magazine capacity limit. Does it apply to only removable magazines? Or are my tube fed .22 rifles limited to 7 rounds as well? (NY states new law) Or my tube fed .357 Mag lever action rifle? :confused24:

I have been a law abiding citizen my whole life. (traffic infractions not withstanding :whistling:) Yet I have never applied for a pistol permit in NY. It can take a year to be told to reapply. Thereby starting the process, and the fees, all over again for no given reason. I am just waiting to be able to sell my home and move to a less taxing and more goverment froendly environment. In a state where I can also ride more months out of the year.

Guest scarylarry
.38 Special and .357 are getting very hard to find in NY anywhere. Folks are "laying in a supply" before we have to do a background check for every purchase. I have t5o admit that I bought a few hundred more rounds than I usually have on hand because it is so hard to find now.

I wonder if this isn't partly one way for the government to stimulate the economy? :mo money: Send us running out to spend on ammo stimulates it for sure.

While I am on the subject I will ask for an interpretation of the 7 round magazine capacity limit. Does it apply to only removable magazines? Or are my tube fed .22 rifles limited to 7 rounds as well? (NY states new law) Or my tube fed .357 Mag lever action rifle? :confused24:

I have been a law abiding citizen my whole life. (traffic infractions not withstanding :whistling:) Yet I have never applied for a pistol permit in NY. It can take a year to be told to reapply. Thereby starting the process, and the fees, all over again for no given reason. I am just waiting to be able to sell my home and move to a less taxing and more goverment froendly environment. In a state where I can also ride more months out of the year.

Amen to that...NY needs to be a sovereign state....

If you plan on moving south read your tax base first...In Tenn. we have 9.25 sales tax but state income tax..That is just a example...

One thing for sure ... this is a lot easier to handle than the TOILET PAPER SHORTAGE of way back when. I walk into a store and see no ammo I am dissappointed ... when I walked in a store to get toilet paper and there was empty shelves ... I PANICED!!!:rotf:

I remember that.... Some news station in Florida had a segment on the shortage of toilet paper in the area and the whole dam country went nuts.... Shelves were bare nationwide. Sears Catalogues were bringing big bucks...... :whistling::rotf:

Hey pegy. Just sent you a message on facebook too. Little more info is needed as a few of us may be able to help each other out here. What version of 38 are you looking for? 38 or 38special and which version of bullet do you use. FMJ , tmj, HOLLOW POINT or any of the many other options out there. As for me I can find tons of 38 special in fmj . the cheap plinker stuff . 9mm and 40s&w are easy to find but its all critical defense and $25 or better for 25 rounds.

Ive been stocking up so to speak on a few different rounds but only because the wife and I are taking the ccw class at the first of March and we each need a 120 PER WEAPON.This particular instructor runs everyone through a lot of drills. Hes a swat instructor during the week and as all or most of my shooting has centered around hunting and its been 20 years or so since the wife seriously handled a weapon the extra instructions from a qualified teacher is worth the extra money to me

Let us know as already stated things can be purchased elsewhere and shipped around the world. Maybe we can help each other out

David

Guest scarylarry

Good luck on the CCW, classes are not a problem here as much as getting finger printed 3 months waiting for that one part..

I wonder if you will have to wait that long?