IGNORED

Would you buy another RSV?

Dale124

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1986 I went into the Harley dealer to buy the last Soft Tail Classic left in Utah a beautiful red and cream color.It was closing so I shook hands with the salesman said I'd get the money from the credit union after work Monday and buy the bike,He said OK.When I returned on Monday the bike was gone ,sold to a friend of mine. I have never been back to that dealership again,but I have owned 6 Ventures including an RSTD and an RSV and yes I would buy another in a heartbeat.When I wrecked the last one I should have kept it and triked it but I got a deal on a Goldwing trike.It is a fine trike but I don't like it.Not that its a trike but that its not a V4 Royal Star.I have looked seriously at every bike out there,I even had an 1800 rider offer to trade straight across for my 1500 Trike.Some other bikes I really like and would love to have as a second bike if I could afford them,but for a primary I'm going back to an RSV/RSTD as soon as I can afford it.

Edited by Pegasus1300
clarity

I'd have to test ride a Statoliner Deluxe first to make that call. Another RSTD would definatly be in top 3 though. Triumph Rocket Touring as #3. It has very similar styling cues as a RSTD. I don't want to limit myself.

So many bikes, so little time left!

I have a 2004 goldwing (wouldn't bother to replace that) and a 2007 Venture midnight would replace it in an instant if it dissapeared. Additionally I would buy a new Venture right now if it came with a smooth quiet 6 speed transmission, and or fuel injection. the venture averages 12 thousand miles a year and the wing about three. have also owned 1982 aspencade, 1992 venture Royale, 1999 royalstar plus a handfull of other bikes which do not apply to luxuary touring, The venture is by far my favorite bike.

Al

Not sure. I love my RSV, but contrary to others, I really like the Kawaski Voyager. I probably would. I would like to pick up another one that is already triked for my wife.

Ya can't go wrong with any of these choices. I have had a kawasaki Vulcan for many years. It's fuel injected, rides and handles like a champion, reliable like the dickens, never any issues. I would give a +1 on Vulcan. Now...I am NOT saying ditch the RSV, but if one HAD to get another bike, vulcans make happy owners.

i had an 06' and i loved the touring style but because i am short on the inseam it was to bulky for me. i test rode a HD ultra classic which in my book is equielant to the RSV. and when i looked at the price new for new it was only about $1000 more so i liked the bike andvery nice ride i will stay with my ultra.

After thinking about it, and considering my age and joint problems, I would buy something lighter. Not that the RSV isn't my favorite m/c, but just being practical. My 02 and I have been all over the country with many tens of thousands of miles. Sylvester has never let me down.

:farmer:

I have had several ventures and a few tour deluxe models, and i'm sure i will have a few more.

They just fit real well and i'm not quite done creating more diamond cut items!

Enjoy the ride and the great folks that ride them!!:cool10:

I'll settle for buying my first one!!

I'm happy with my '96 RSTC for now. But The Plan is to buy myself a trike when I retire in a couple of years. With luck, my small 401k account will cover the cost of a nice RSV and the Hannigan kit for it if I can't find one already done. Otherwise, I'll join the GW outsiders as those trikes are alot easier to find!

:mo money: