IGNORED

Let Me Have It (Please)

joseyr3wales

I am currently on a beast and looking to tame down a bit as I age. Now riding more two up than solo. I am not enthusiastic about V Twins but the V 4 is intrigueing. I see a few lightly used 2007 models and one in particular is resonating with me as it has 18,XXX miles and is the Royal Venture in black/blue (Galaxy).

The Rocket III I ride is stout and pleasurable for me but two up is lacking in creature comforts. I am attaching a pic (I hope) of the current ride. I am a Dark Side rider on the Rocket but probably not on a Venture (no preaching) because the Metz tires cost too much and the 225-55/16 Riken Raptor rides really well when run with a Dunlop 404 front.

I am 56 with the aches and pains associated with 40 years in the construction industry and of average height and weight, not really.

I'll be reading the Tech sections and other info articles here and will pay particular attention to 07 riders posting to this entry.

That said, THANKS in advance.[ATTACH]73682[/ATTACH]

If you get the opportunity to ride one, do so. They have a different power curve as they like the RPM's. They are a bullet proof platform for the most part, 200K on one is not a stretch. The feet fwd ride is very comfortable, they are a bit top heavy, but are easily gotten used to with a bit of saddle time. As Gary mentioned the RSV has not changed pretty much at all from '99 to present. They are a great machine and extremely comfortable for the long hauls. I personally have done some 800 mile days on them.

Thats great. My back likes the sound of that. Are the drivers backrests adjustable at all? Trailer hitches are on some that I see and I would be interested in how they pull one. At 2300 cc's and 140 HP there are no "power" issues, just comfort and vibration.

You will find them very comfortable and roomy especially for the passenger. Yes the backrest that I have is adjustable "Utopia " I'm sure others are as well. As far as trailers go the only thing I notice is a drop in gas mpg. Welcome aboard.

PS. Don't worry about the year model so much if it's been well taken care of and ridden just pick a color that's pretty much the only difference.

Also some 07 models had a recall for head bolts not torqued properly. Dealer can check vin # to verify.

Thats great. My back likes the sound of that. Are the drivers backrests adjustable at all? Trailer hitches are on some that I see and I would be interested in how they pull one. At 2300 cc's and 140 HP there are no "power" issues, just comfort and vibration.

Slight correction: 1,300 cc's, not 2,300. I pulled a Harbor Freight "Tag-Along" with my 2007 Blue/Black RSV and most of the time could not tell it was there (I'm now riding a Gold Wing). Many others here can comment about back rests and pulling a trailer.

Guest scarylarry

All I can say is test ride one and you will what everyone is talking about..

They are not a powerhouse like the Victory but yet they will get up and go..

Like every bike they some quirks, there is the I basket clutch whine, my 09 never had it, ouitside of that great bike just the stupid people at yammy won't do a upgrade on them..

Cass. players in 2013 models pretty stupid to me since only tape you can get a box car willie at a truck stop..

Slight correction: 1,300 cc's, not 2,300. I pulled a Harbor Freight "Tag-Along" with my 2007 Blue/Black RSV and most of the time could not tell it was there (I'm now riding a Gold Wing). Many others here can comment about back rests and pulling a trailer.

Yes sir, I know. The reference was to the Rocket at 2300/140ci. I have a Utopia on my Rocket and love it.

Casettes :no-no-no:. I just got rid of boxes of casettes because they were so outdated.

How easy or difficult are owner at home oil changes? I have already read about changing the plugs in the forums. I will look at the owners manual for intervals. The Rocket is easy with a front mounted oil filter and a bit more difficult to lift because of the engine style but user friendly in the end.

I like to wrench as much stuff as I can because I like it and I work a lot cheaper than the dealer labor rates :).

How difficult is it to remove the exterior furnishings to do a deep clean ? I ride in all conditions and on roads covered with filth and need to clean underneath the bags etc. Also, the Triumph wheels are cast and have a clear coat on them that is less than serviceable and pits. Yamaha ?

Guest scarylarry
Casettes :no-no-no:. I just got rid of boxes of casettes because they were so outdated.

How easy or difficult are owner at home oil changes? I have already read about changing the plugs in the forums. I will look at the owners manual for intervals. The Rocket is easy with a front mounted oil filter and a bit more difficult to lift because of the engine style but user friendly in the end.

I like to wrench as much stuff as I can because I like it and I work a lot cheaper than the dealer labor rates :).

How difficult is it to remove the exterior furnishings to do a deep clean ? I ride in all conditions and on roads covered with filth and need to clean underneath the bags etc. Also, the Triumph wheels are cast and have a clear coat on them that is less than serviceable and pits. Yamaha ?

I'm not sure on the wheels, oil changes are simple 1 plug about in the center, flilter is front right on the bottom easy access I just stand mind up on the stand with a 2x6 under the stand and drain the oild and filter both at the same time I use a 5 qt pan with no issues..

Plugs? The hardest part is removing the tank..

The side covers come off with a allen wrench about 1 minute.

The rear trunk is easy and the front faring splits in half and real easy just few screws..

One thing you will need if you use a MC jack is a Carbon One jack stand adpater or 4 hockey pucks, there is a issue with the MC jack and kickstand...I have use 4 2x4's but I did not like the feel of it..

The 2x4 under the kickstand for oil changes works OK, oil filter easy access and you can run a slightly longer one if you go with a purolator to get a little more filtering. Most guys use Shell Rotella T6 I belive around here. Syn 15w40. Bags come off with 4 ea 4mm allen heads. Dont know about the trunk because I havent had to take it off. Splitting the fairing really done gain you any access for cleaning. High 30's on MPG say 36-38, mine dont seem to matter if its 2 up or solo. The Utopia backrest is good, heigth adjustable as is how far forward it pushes you. You passenger will like the amount of room they get compaired to almost any other touring bike. No more helmet in the back of your head when stopping.

Guest scarylarry
The . No more helmet in the back of your head when stopping.

Not true, wait till they fall asleep and they come forward....:rotf::rotf:

The 2x4 under the kickstand for oil changes works OK, oil filter easy access and you can run a slightly longer one if you go with a purolator to get a little more filtering. Most guys use Shell Rotella T6 I belive around here. Syn 15w40. Bags come off with 4 ea 4mm allen heads. Dont know about the trunk because I havent had to take it off. Splitting the fairing really done gain you any access for cleaning. High 30's on MPG say 36-38, mine dont seem to matter if its 2 up or solo. The Utopia backrest is good, heigth adjustable as is how far forward it pushes you. You passenger will like the amount of room they get compaired to almost any other touring bike. No more helmet in the back of your head when stopping.

That would be welcomed, the anti head knocking.

Trailer hitches are on some that I see and I would be interested in how they pull one.

I first pulled this trailer fully loaded and it was no problem.

[ATTACH]73683[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]73684[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]73685[/ATTACH]

Then I got a Leesur-Lite tent trailer and with a full load, I found both me and the bike had to really work at it going thru the mountains (which is about all we have around here). As well, parking lots and gas stations were a bit of a challenge LOL

This is why I got the Wing.

I am looking at the picture tutorials and YouTube videos and they tell me a lot. The bike looks to be a great Tourer. I will see if I can get a test ride in.

Contact AkRefugee or TDunc they live out in your neck of the woods. if nothing else they might let you chanmge the oil.....:stirthepot::crackup::crackup: