IGNORED

Clearing out 1st gen parts

• 5 weeks later...

Gary, I might have one. If you get a chance and want to take a ride north from Alvin, your more than welcome to come to the house and see what I have that you m ight want or need

I'll try to remember to get some pics of what I have up in this thread. Been stupid busy myself and dont get on the site as often as I should

:doh:

Talk about now checking the site. I do check and I missed this one from you Squidley. Yes, would love to get up your way. Rode some this weekend but twisted a nerve out of whack on the shoulder the other day that WAS healing up well since surgery. Found holding the throttle more than 15 minutes sucked big time. Will get the kink worked out and find a time to come up that way. I suspect my head set plug is just corroded and does not make good contact is all. Been looking some for a new one but not really found one yet. Thanks and will pay more attention to the titles and check things.

My scoot can use a left inside fairing panel that also houses the speaker. Mine has broken plastic next to the mirror mounting, and I want to replace it. Reference #2 in the diagram.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Pete,

I don't have that, the ones on my bikes aren't in the greatest shape. Something I am going to do is see if they can be bought new. They are $55 each side and they don't say they are discontinued. I need to check into that and see if there is any NOS still floating around out there.

Just removed the rear tire tonight on my 83 and i am not liking the looks of the hub splines. Happen to have a hub laying around? I'd be interested in one!

I do have a couple spare rims with hubs in them, shoot me a PM and we'll chat or give me a call.

Brad, i'm looking for the upper outer left Fairing, '93 maroon Colour preferred, left front Blinker, both front and rear left Crash Bars and right Passenger Floorboard (or the Rubber Inserts of it).

I'm not looking for like "brand new", but i happen to have scraped up Parts already laying there.

Could you take a look in your Pile of Parts for me ?

I'm looking for a "good" to "great" trunk for my 86.

I'm not sure what the official color is but I can paint it.

BTW, what color is my bike? Here are the options

1986 Venture - Midnight Silver

Venture Royale – Eurushi? Red (Black Cherry)/Brown and Two tone Blue

Sable Brown/Light Birch

*1987 Venture – “Orion Silver”

Venture Royale – “Alluvial Gold” and “Elegant Brown”

Here is the bike

http://www.raymondstacy.com/vr.jpg

I am also looking for a good trunk, will an 86 fit on an 83 without too much trouble?

It can be done, but it would require a different trunk mounting rack (one from an 1986 or newer). I am uncertain if the sub-frame on an '83 is the same as on a 1986. The trunk mounting rack bolts to the sub-frame. The trunk would not be removeable after this modification, unlike the trunks on the 1983-1985.

It can be done, but it would require a different trunk mounting rack (one from an 1986 or newer). I am uncertain if the sub-frame on an '83 is the same as on a 1986. The trunk mounting rack bolts to the sub-frame. The trunk would not be removeable after this modification, unlike the trunks on the 1983-1985.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking!

Need left mirror and CDI unit plus more as I learn more for '83. Any help?

Mirrors are a tough one, and I don't have any spares. The CDI the same way, but get with Dingy here on the site as he sells an updated TCI unit that will work for your '83. A new windshield is available for about $90.

• 3 months later...
I could use a radio and cb. My 84 VR has nothing on it except foe speakers. I could also use a dashboard with the light for the cruise control. My dash has been replaced by a previous owner and does not have the cruise light so my cruise control won't work

If your bike is a standard the wiring harness is different from a Royale so you need a lot more than just the radio and cb....like amplifier etc

DItto on the cruise. you need a few more bits and pieces than just the dash!

I'm looking for a "good" to "great" trunk for my 86.

I'm not sure what the official color is but I can paint it.

BTW, what color is my bike? Here are the options

Here is the bike

http://www.raymondstacy.com/vr.jpg

SIR,, DID THAT BIKE COME WITH ALL THEM LIGHTS ..I ONLY HAVE ONE TAILBRAKE OVER TAG YET I GOT ALL BOXES,,

SQUIDELY I WOULD LIKE A REAR RIM THAT CHANGES MY BACK FROM 16 to 15 inch..,, then i can get more aggressive tread..