IGNORED

May need som Phoenix AZ help. Possible ripoff

lonestarmedic

Looks like there is a company on the west edge that is taking advantage of the firearms craze. They are taking orders, taking the money, and not shipping anything!! Looks like I am getting taken for $133.00. Internet search shows other folks recently complaining. I will give them the 10 days they show on their website for shipping any out of stock items. Then I guess off to the credit card company. Lets hope they are just backlogged. Because it looks like they have sold firearms to a few people and not delivered!!

Please be careful folks, I made a couple checks before ordering but did not go deep enough. They had magazines advertised for a couple of my pistols at a good price.

Supposedly they have a brick and mortar store here:

Personal Choice Outfitters International

25560 W US Highway 85

Buckeye, AZ 85326-5282

Local:(623) 386-7261

JB

I once had a 9mm, but it got confiscated by Murphy, NC pd on a bogus stop. I want to replace it now but I want another similar handgun but am undecided on what caliber, should I go with the 9, .40 cal or larger maybe .45 or .50 cal. I still have 2 other semi autos but both are 380, they just dont have the stopping power or the capacity. I don't want a revolver, not enough capacity, that I know. So looking for some input from some other handgun owners. And I will be getting my CC very, very soon.

Lewis, A 9 is probably the cheapest as far as ammo is concerned and most any store that sells ammo will have some in stock. A 1911 is pretty good for stopping power. But this is like which oil is best... Lots of opinion's on this. Get what your most comfortable with would be my best advice. I can say a 1911 is probably one of the easiest to get parts for and to customize. But a full size 1911 is not so easy to conceal. I do have an 8 rnd .357 revolver. With speedloaders these type of revolvers are not something to count out of the competition.

I once had a 9mm, but it got confiscated by Murphy, NC pd on a bogus stop. I want to replace it now but I want another similar handgun but am undecided on what caliber, should I go with the 9, .40 cal or larger maybe .45 or .50 cal. I still have 2 other semi autos but both are 380, they just don't have the stopping power or the capacity. I don't want a revolver, not enough capacity, that I know. So looking for some input from some other handgun owners. And I will be getting my CC very, very soon.

I feel your pain. I also have a 380 auto. It is a very good carry gun. Even if a little light on the power. I like it a lot. I have never cared much for the 9mm. I have no reason. It's just a personal dislike of some sort. Perhaps I should see someone about that. The 45 is great and one of my favorites. It packs a very substantial thump when needed too. For me the 50 is just to big. They are huge guns and the ammo expensive. I bow to those who shoot them. They are probably pretty good for fending off attacking polar bears though. The 40cal is magic. Some how it's knock down power exceeds it's ballistics. I don't know if it's mas to velocity ratio or what. It just packs a lot more thump than you'd expect. Then again I also have a 22cal.

Mike

Flyinfool- yes I did leve several voice mails and have used about every e-mail address they list. I hope that this is a fluke.

As to handguns, I think that some of the lesser loved brands offer a great value. You might want to look at Taurus and Bersa. Imported yes, but many are these days. Both of these are in my collection and have proven reliable. As to caliber, I suggest 9mm or .45. Both are very proven and reliable. The 9mm has a lot of availablity. The .45 a bit less but still easy to find. I am a fan of the .45. Large, slower rounds with a lot of hit. The 9mm takes a bit investigation to find a good defense ammo. You need to keep the round speed up to invoke a good hydrostatic shock. There are lower speed specialty rounds, but they can get expensive.

BuddyRich- I will investigate your source. I need a couple magazines for some lesser known pistols.

I once had a 9mm, but it got confiscated by Murphy, NC pd on a bogus stop. I want to replace it now but I want another similar handgun but am undecided on what caliber, should I go with the 9, .40 cal or larger maybe .45 or .50 cal. I still have 2 other semi autos but both are 380, they just dont have the stopping power or the capacity. I don't want a revolver, not enough capacity, that I know. So looking for some input from some other handgun owners. And I will be getting my CC very, very soon.

I went from a 45 Cal Sig to Glock 40 Cal. I like the additional capacity of carrying two (15 round) magazines and what's in the gun to a total of 46 rounds. Some people prefer the 9 mm, you get a larger capacity, but not sure about the stopping power. I'm not a gun guru, but the Sig I was initially issued had issues of double feeding. The Glock has been flawless. I have two glocks (model 22 and 23, both 40 Cal). For whatever reason the 23 is more accurate, for me. Its a tad smaller than the model 22 with a little shorter barrel. If you have a local police supply store in your area, they usually have a lot of holster options and accessories and the typical police firearms. Fwiw, the ones I've been in don't care if your a civilian or law enforcement, but they carry things you wont find at typical gun stores.

JB, I have the same problem finding mags for my 24/7 OSS in .45. Seems they are all out of stock. One place had them coming in on the 18th.

As far as Bersa, The only mags I have found that function right I got from Bersa. Both Pro-Mags I had there were too many FTF. I tossed them in the trash.

Edited by BuddyRich

Lewis like others have stated a lot of it is personal preference. I prefer the .40 over the 9mm and the .45 and my reasons for this are that I feel I get a little more punch than the 9mm and a little less recoil than the .45. Also I like to shoot but I can't afford to go out and go through a couple hundred rounds at a time. So the .40 ammo which is slightly higher than 9mm and yet cheaper than the .45 just kinda fit the bill for me.

JMO but look into something in 357 sig caliber. The knockdown of 357 mag revolver but in an automatic caliber S&W makes and M&P model with 14 rd mags......

Take a look, BEST of both worlds!!!

http://www.coonaninc.com/products.php/pistol/cPath,5/osCsid,a88a171c8e8371d27294544cf8c07fcb

BTW it will also shoot .38 special, just change the main spring!

Edited by wes0778
More info

Here's a link you might try, www.gunclips.net. I did a quick search for Springfield and Glock, and they show they have hi-cap mags in stock. I'm going to try to order a couple of mags from them for my .22 Hi-Standard Dura-Matic. I bought 2 for my XD .40 at kygunco last week, and their wall was bare of ANYTHING over 10 rds. I tend to lean towards Playboy's thinking too, the XD .40 is the first "big" semi-auto I've owned and I love it. I've always been a revolver kind of guy, but the Colt .357 I've got sure does have a lot of recoil. I've also got a CVA .44 Navy Colt cap-n-ball that is an absolute blast to shoot, lots of smoke and noise.

I have a couple of hand guns, and I purchased a sig AR15 with scope just prior to the Connecticut incident. I never grew up with guns, so I have no longtime loyalty. I have had zero issues with any ofnthem. However, I do like the Springfield armory XD 9 mm which comes with 2 mags holding 16. I also have a Kimber ultra aegis II 9 which shoots nice. My main carry weapons are my SIG P229 .40 and my smithe and Wesson M&P .40maimly for size and feel in holster. The Kimberly would be a main carry piece if I wasn't so anal about scratching it. The SIG has the reputation to hell and back. I personally do not like the glocks, no safety and no decocker. Unless they changed. Had a Bersa 380 which was nice, but they wear frequently on the rail. My Sig AR is now almost 2.5X more to purchase then I paid. Maybe I should sell. Never been fired and still in box. Even have 100 rounds. Anybody interested?

Google seems to be getting this one wrong. I looked it up on Mapquest and a couple others and it is showing a multi-office building.

I looked it up by the name and the address using Chrome, and both times it show'd The Buckeye Valley Firedistrict. There's not much to Buckeye. I've used the Hwy85 cutoff to by-pass Phoenix traffic. It goes right through the middle of Buckeye, and if you blink you'll miss it.... :) I suspect the business is being run by a off duty fireman?? And he may be operating without any inventory, and ordering from jobber/wholesalers when needed. When this gun buying frenzy started they ran out of stock, and he got caught with his fist in the coconut....

Well I found several listings similar to this one. It shows that the actual building is listed for sale. Says it has 27 offices or something like that. I found a couple of listings that do show this gun store as one of the tenants.

http://www.longrealty.com/commercial-for-sale/AZ/Buckeye/85326/25560-W-US-Highway-85---80681003

I agree with you that it looks like somebody with an FFL working out of a small office.

I do not have a CCW but I do have two pistols. One is a 44 super Red hawk, the other is a 45 navy colt cap and ball, that has never been loaded. The 44 I just love to shoot, don't mind the recoil and ammo is not a problem as I reload all the rounds for it and all for my long guns to.

Don-

I did somewhat the same thing. I suspect a small storefront and a lot of drop ship. I did find a couple references in gun forums to locals going there for products. At the most I am out $133.00. I am keeping copies of everything I find so I can submit them to the sheriff.

JB