IGNORED

Maiden voyage starts tomorrow!!!

Barrycuda

Hello again. I have chosen tomorrow, of all days, to take my newly purchased 2003 RSV, on a field trip. Headed to hilton head, SC. Just an overnight trip. Riding solo but packing stuff to get used to the handling with weight in the bags and trunk and top. Approx. 725 miles round trip. For some of you that's miles you put on in one day. For me it's a real luxury lately to have days off. That's said, I will report once there and the return trip how it went. ( that is of course if we are not doomed courtesy of the Mayan calendar prophecy ) :225:

Still a bit nervous due to me being very new to bike and how she handles. On a separate note, the custom dynamics tail light came in and I chose the 100 LED. Boy oh boy, is it BRIGHT. If you can not see those babies, you shouldn't be anywhere inside a vehicle...

Have a great day:Venture:

Just in time for the cold weather... I suggest you make sure you have antifreeze in it, and pack some warm clothes.. or take heated clothes if you have them..did I mention rain gear...

It is going to be in the upper 50's and that is going to be real cool to him. He should go the other way, toward Key West.:whistling:

RandyA

Make sure to take good rain gear. I live in Middle Georgia and it's been raining heavily here off and on all week with tornadoes in the more rural areas near me! Stay safe. Make a copy of that members list in case you need to make a call. I'll warn you. I don't have a trailer or towing capabilities, so the most I can do I can do is rescue you or sit with you til someone else comes to help.

Barry make sure you got the pressure right in the tires. It will make a heck of a difference. You goin up I 75 to 10 and across to I 95? Or you going the 301 to 95 route? Should be right comfy with the temps they have forcasted. Becareful and enjoy the ride.

.... On a separate note, the custom dynamics tail light came in and I chose the 100 LED. Boy oh boy, is it BRIGHT. If you can not see those babies, you shouldn't be anywhere inside a vehicle...

Take a look at their run/turn/brake signal conversion! You want your rear lit up... that does it !

I am originally from NewYork, and have driven tractor trailers through the winters of Pacific Northwest and Canada. temperature don't bother me. Sadly the higher winds pushing me all around has me a bit perturbed .

It is going to be in the upper 50's and that is going to be real cool to him. He should go the other way, toward Key West.:whistling:

RandyA

The latest update is this: I started the trip early this morning and the winds have been treacherous. It was supposed to be a pleasure ride, but turned into a quest to stay up right on the highway. That said, I decided to reschedule the ride after stopping near Gainesville. With the temps, wind advisories, the machine being new etc, along w me fighting back and forth w myself about " stepping up" , I thought I best to try for another day, where I can enjoy the process. I did learn a bit on riding with gear and to pack etc

I DO HOWEVER WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED, REACHED OUT AND WERE THERE TO ASSIST ME IN EVERY AND ANY WAY. I am a bit disappointed, but I choose to abort rather then put myself in harms way. I will be doing this run in the very near future.

Hopefully I didn't lose any points with the forum. I felt it important to be up front.

I am a bit disappointed, but I choose to abort rather then put myself in harms way. I will be doing this run in the very near future.

Looks like you followed he most import rule of riding. Safety First.

And thast, in my book, will always earn you points.

There is always tomorrow.

:15_8_211[1]:

That's ok. Here in Georgia we're hunkered down with our red woolies on right now.

Here's a funny. Wednesday it was heavy rain, and I left an umbrella open on the front porch to dry off when I came home late.

Then high winds all night. Umbrella was gone like Mary Poppins on Thursday. This morning, Friday, more high winds. I see something large & black go by my office window out the corner of my eye and think... did I leave one of the dogs out? I stick my head out the door, and there's my umbrella back again. I wonder where it was for a day?

Edited by RandyR

I was just about to warn you about I-95. Just had a friend do that through Jax on up.

He said it really sucked, through 3 states.

So, your rescheduling is GOOD.

I grew up in the Beaufort/Hilton Head area. The STAR chapter in the area are friends.

When you go, if you want a local phone#, let me know.

Mike G in SC

Saftey in my book is allways smart. I had a bike trip to Bristol Tn scheduled one time a couple years back. We had a hurricane floating around so I was on edge about taking bike. I was all packed and ready. Got up the day to leave at something like 3am. Storms were everywhere and threating most of the way up. I opted for the truck, good thing. It rained hard all the way up to Valdosta Ga. Then the silly hurricane swapped around and caught me comming home and I drove in 6hr of driving rain comming home too. I think most here will agree you made right move.