IGNORED

2nd Gen Oil Filters

Shot

I love Mobil 1 oil and use it in everything that I own. It costs a bit more but I think the benefits outweigh the cost. I don't feel the same about the filter though. I know that a quality filter is very important but I think that there are a lot of quality filters out there for MUCH less than $20.00.

Hope this helps someone..

Oil Filter Cross Reference

The following is a cross reference for oil filters that should work on your second generation Venture.

Amsoil has new filters. clean at 98.7 percent@15microns. New number is EaOM103.

Brand / Part Number

Baldwin B1400

Fram PH6017A

Napa Gold 1358

Perf-form PFJ503

Purolator PL14612

Purolator ML16819

WIX 51358

Yamaha 3FV-13440-00-00

AC Delco PF2135

Amsoil SMF103

Carquest 85358

Honda 15410-MCJ-000

K&N KN-303 or Chrome KN-303C

STP SMO 17

Bosch 3300

Mobile M1-108

i got one of these for my next filter change http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=FLO+STAINLESS+OIL+FILTER+yamaha+royal+star+&_cqr=true&_nkwusc=FLO+STAINLESS+OIL+FILTER+yamaha+roual+star&_rdc=1 i get car filters for $5 each but for some reason yamaha thinks $25 is a fair price for one .so it is reusable for me. :backinmyday:

I work at a Yamaha dealer & $25.00 would buy 2 where I work....just saying

Hope this helps someone..

Oil Filter Cross Reference

The following is a cross reference for oil filters that should work on your second generation Venture.

Amsoil has new filters. clean at 98.7 percent@15microns. New number is EaOM103.

Brand / Part Number

Baldwin B1400

Fram PH6017A

Napa Gold 1358

Perf-form PFJ503

Purolator PL14612

Purolator ML16819

WIX 51358

Yamaha 3FV-13440-00-00

AC Delco PF2135

Amsoil SMF103

Carquest 85358

Honda 15410-MCJ-000

K&N KN-303 or Chrome KN-303C

STP SMO 17

Bosch 3300

Mobile M1-108

I use the Carquest Premium filter. If I remember right, Wix makes the Carquest filter. Cant remember for sure where I read it though. I like Wix filters, If I dont use factory filters on my farm equipment, I use either Wix or Baldwin. Both are really good filters. If I trust a 100,000 tractor to a Wix, I'll trust my RSTD to it as well.

My family owns a Yamaha outboard dealership. I can get 3FV filters and full list on them is $10.89. One of the reasons I picked a Yamaha bike over another Honda is that I can get my parts for cost. I recently bought my clutch kit from Skydoc and bought all my clutch discs and plates straight from Yamaha. I replaced my clutch for $160 and my bike rides great now

I love Mobil 1 oil and use it in everything that I own. It costs a bit more but I think the benefits outweigh the cost. I don't feel the same about the filter though. I know that a quality filter is very important but I think that there are a lot of quality filters out there for MUCH less than $20.00.

I agree Freebird. I just wanted to let the group know there is a new option. I will stick with K&N. Advanced Auto often has sales on Mobil1 for cars. They offer 5 quarts plus the filter for around $40. When they do that I stock up. I doubt you will see a special like that on MC oil and filters.

I've used FRAM and Super Tech filters all my life and have never had a problem with either.

As for oil.... I stick with Yamalube... Since there's a clutch in there with the engine oil, made a decision long ago not to give the stealerships a reason to void my warranty, and keep the recipts to prove it.

I work at a Yamaha dealer & $25.00 would buy 2 where I work....just saying

$25 for two oil filters is highway robbery. Your employer should be shot. This is a prime example of why dealers are known as stealers and why they loose so much busines to online stores................just saying.

• 2 months later...
As most of us know, Walmart does not carry Super Tech oil filters anymore.........What is everyone using now? It looks like Purolator won out on the bid.

While in NC, I stopped in at Wheelers on US 129. He was selling Flo reusable filters. A little pricey but over time could be worthwhile. If there any good?? Has anyone tried these?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/70/944/19141/ITEM/PC-Racing-FLO-Spin-On-Oil-Filter-With-Housing.aspx