IGNORED

Sad to admit...

Skid

Too many other toys maybe???

I just changed oil , a carb syn, and valve check / adjustment on a ladys V-Star 650. First oil change in 5 years with only 7300 miles on the odometer. She bought it new in 07. Seems that is the norm at times for some folks. :confused24::whistling:

Larry

Skid,

You just may as well sell that thing. All you need to do now is have about two more childeren, and then you can just sit on the porch and wave at the other bikers as they ride on by..

Who knows, I just migth wave back at you..:twing:

I have had the Venture back on the road for a little over 2 weeks and have ridden it everyday back and forth to work and a nice long ride the first weekend it was fixed, so I have put about 400-500 miles on it it that short period of time......Skid, your letting us down, seems you like your jeep better,so might as well sell the midnight to someone who really appreciates it.........Dan, dont know about you, you got too many bikes that dont run and you cant even get one of them running for any lenght of time..........shame on both of you, not a good standard to be setting!!! Skid, does this mean you will be bring the jeep and the bike to Vogel next year?????

I know folks, I've really haven't had the best of times the past two years. I don't know how much I am going to get out this year either. My mother is still in the hospital going on almost five weeks now. Last year at this same time she had cracked her pelvis and was down for about three months. I hope to get some time this year. My wife has told me to take some time off and go south. My brother has invited me down to Florida this year, but its really hard to take off without the wife on the back. I keep trying, you'll never know where I'll show up. As for another Skid-In, I hoping for mid September as soon as I can work out the details....

Too many other toys maybe???

I just changed oil , a carb syn, and valve check / adjustment on a ladys V-Star 650. First oil change in 5 years with only 7300 miles on the odometer. She bought it new in 07. Seems that is the norm at times for some folks. :confused24::whistling:

Larry

talked to a rider this morning at a gas station he was on i'd say a 650 vstar and he said he bought it new on 06 and had 5000 miles on it ....

I bought my bike in October & have already put 13k miles on it...and the longest trip I've made round trip was bout 600 miles...

Sorry to hear things havent been so good at the home front, hope things start getting better for you and your family.........pardon our ribbing, I am sure we all didnt realize there was a very good reason for you not logging many miles. You and your family are in our prayers........and take some time for yourself...........you deserve it buddy, and isnt retirement just around the corner!!!

I just changed oil in the Midnight, and discovered it took me almost two years to get 3,000 miles. Sad that I haven't rode more than that..... :doh:

We understand, going to a 2nd gen is all about slowing down. I know Brown Sugar kept you interested.

Maybe you can loop down this way and come to Asheville in August.

RandyA

I don't mind a little ribbing because I need it. As much as I enjoy riding I should make more time. It's my fault over all. I anyway possible I will make Asheville again this year. Hopefully I get another day or two of riding before that. I just have to plan in advance to get out now. I only got about a year and a half till retirement, then let the riding begin. Thanks all...

I just got my new battery, I've been all over this bike, hoping I could find my draw issue, well I found 3 fuses that were dark. they have been replaced, were taking her out for breakfast this morning to see if she draws again. Bike shop said charging system is fine. ( Have been if'y on going to the rally) Hope this works.

The guy at the shop told me that Ventures don't like water???. I think I was the same way when I was little, couldn't get me in the tub, then couldn't get me out

Edited by Brake Pad

I hoped to get the bikes back on the road 0 miles this year. My dad and brother are moving out of the rental into his new house so I'll have a mortgage to pay when he is gone. Daughter and new son-n-law would like too move in it but both are still looking for work.

I have had the Venture back on the road for a little over 2 weeks and have ridden it everyday back and forth to work and a nice long ride the first weekend it was fixed, so I have put about 400-500 miles on it it that short period of time......Skid, your letting us down, seems you like your jeep better,so might as well sell the midnight to someone who really appreciates it.........Dan, dont know about you, you got too many bikes that dont run and you cant even get one of them running for any lenght of time..........shame on both of you, not a good standard to be setting!!! Skid, does this mean you will be bring the jeep and the bike to Vogel next year?????

Hey I got two running with tags and everything. Its the Warden's list and my new job.....