IGNORED

Not much changing in the 2013 RSV

Midrsv

Just received my latest edition of Road Runner and it had a review of the 2013 Star line. The only change I picked up on was the possible deletion of the standard cb/radio/intercom. The article mentioned that the bike comes pre wired for those items. However, the photos clearly showed both antennas present.

Dennis

Just received my latest edition of Road Runner and it had a review of the 2013 Star line. The only change I picked up on was the possible deletion of the standard cb/radio/intercom. The article mentioned that the bike comes pre wired for those items. However, the photos clearly showed both antennas present.

Dennis

:worthless:

Steve. You're right. Sorry, I read right over that thinking that this late in the year that it would be 2013's.

Dennis

Seems to me we didn't hear about the 2012s until early spring this year...??? That being the case, 2013 news won't be until spring next year.

(but I could be wrong... I was once before)

DANG now you went and ruined it. I also got my new edition of Roadrunner in the mail. I aint even broke the seal aas I was saving it for a airplane trip next week. Now all antisapation is gone. :depressed:

I still believe Yamamomma is going to put a trunk and all the other whistles and bells on the Stratoliner deluxe and call it the Stratoliner tour deluxe. Or stratoventure. I am willing to bet this is the last year of the Venture as we know it. After all, how meany cassette player can they have left in inventory?:confused24::doh:

The following year's model is announced by Yamaha in the Fall. From what I've seen and rememeber in the past is Yamaha will announce the 2013 line-up in September or October of this year.

I work for Toyota in Canada where we manufacture the Corolla, Matrix, RAV4 and Lexus RX350 (only plant outside Japan that makes Lexus). A model change is not a big thing any more when you have lines that can produce multiple models. The biggest changes are for conveyance and where deliveries are made. Only if there are major physical changes to a vehicle do assembly lines need to be lengthened or greatly modified. Yes... change does happen (mostly in Weld Shop)... but if you look at the Venture... its mostly assembly work (compaired to building a car from a steel blank).

I've looked online to see if I could find the specific plant that assembles the Venture and yearly production numbers. From what I've seen it looks like they use flexible assembly lines where they can build different models on the same line. Changing to FI wouldn't be that difficult in the assembly process... maybe connecting a couple different tubes/breathers and changing a few processes. Yes there would be engineering changes to accomodate fitment... but changing to a different fairing/windscreen or cowling isn't an impossible thing.

I was reading a discussion somewhere that replacement "new" casseette players were no longer in stock. I guess he looked it up on like bike bandit or something and the fiche said no longer available. I'd rather see a MP3 player that takes SD cards and maybe has a USB plug in.

I'd rather see a MP3 player that takes SD cards and maybe has a USB plug in.

And you've basically got that with the Aux input. I'd rather just have the aux. input and be able to upgrade MP3 players whenever rather than have a built in unit that is more of a hassle to upgrade. Take it with you to your computer and change playlists. Maybe a dedicated iPod dock would be nice but then I don't have an iPod and probably never will.

This is why I never really understand why people made such a big deal about the cassette player when they had the aux. input right there, other than it taking up space that can be used for other things and people have devised ways of doing that as well.

I don't have a problem with the tapes.. I just transfer from cd's to blank taps and works great and that way I only record the ones I want and it's alot easyer to carry and use tapes than dick when I'm on the road Ron:cool10::whistling::stirthepot:

2013 would be the year for the 30th Anniversary Edition Venture, although technically not produced for 30 years in succession like the Wing.

If Yamaha has something in the works for the Venture in 2013, they will do their best to keep it hushed as long as possible to move as much existing inventory as possible and prevent leftovers needing large dealer or customer incentives to move. If you start seeing incentives on the Venture mid summer or fall, you can bet then that something is coming.

It would be relatively easy to add cruise abs trunk and slightly larger fairing and lowers to the Stratoliner, Assuming they want to market a near copy of the Ultra Classic. I don't think that combination will gain them any market share over the current model Venture or earn them any converts however.

I still stay they have alot of dollars invested in the new Vmax engine, more than they can recoup( in a reasonable amont of time) selling a niche model bike like the Vmax. Hopefully they have spent this time developing a nice all aluminum touring frame with fuel tank under the seat down low, will allow for maximum allowable intake size and room for other electronics under a false tank cover (i.e. Original Venture and ST1100,the Other V4), more modern styling so its not a me too bike, but sufficient exposed mechanicals so it still looks like a motorcycle and not a big scooter. Problem with all that is, the price will be well skyward of the current 20,000 price tag (They get 20K for the Vmax with no fairing).

So the big question for you and for Yamaha, is what are you willing to Pay to buy the bike with all the features you want? Who here would pay say 24,999 (assuming they can do it for that) for an all new aluminum frame, Vmax based FI engine, full faired touring bike, trunk and bags, with ABS, cruise , radials, shaft drive, etc ?

In reality the answer to the above will ultimately determine what Yamaha will build. They could do it like the FJR intro and only build as many as they get committed orders for.

RSTDdog

Yamaha introduces the new year model in September each year. Usually around the 8th or 9th. I don't know of anyone that has ever been able to get the number of ventures sold each year. For some reason yamaha keeps that a secret. However, I talked to a retired yamaha dealer from Wisconsin two years ago and he said yamaha only sold about 1,700 ventures each year. I find that hard to believe but I don't know how to get the actual numbers.

Went to Wally World last night to buy a cassette tape and none, not even a spot on the shelves. I did find some VHS tapes, asked about them and the kid didn't even know what I was talking about. He was kind enough to check and they laughed and told me they could special order some. I needed it for a meeting in the am and ended up buying a digital recorder.

My wife told me that she did see some cassette music tapes in a truck stop. Now it makes me want to buy some just to have.

I love the stratoliner fairing and the fact it comes with a gps, maybe, just maybe they will change to the Strat format . . .

I still believe Yamamomma is going to put a trunk and all the other whistles and bells on the Stratoliner deluxe and call it the Stratoliner tour deluxe. Or stratoventure. I am willing to bet this is the last year of the Venture as we know it. After all, how meany cassette player can they have left in inventory?:confused24::doh:

EBay they recover all they can from there clean them and put them on....

2013 would be the year for the 30th Anniversary Edition Venture, although technically not produced for 30 years in succession like the Wing.

If Yamaha has something in the works for the Venture in 2013, they will do their best to keep it hushed as long as possible to move as much existing inventory as possible and prevent leftovers needing large dealer or customer incentives to move. If you start seeing incentives on the Venture mid summer or fall, you can bet then that something is coming.

It would be relatively easy to add cruise abs trunk and slightly larger fairing and lowers to the Stratoliner, Assuming they want to market a near copy of the Ultra Classic. I don't think that combination will gain them any market share over the current model Venture or earn them any converts however.

I still stay they have alot of dollars invested in the new Vmax engine, more than they can recoup( in a reasonable amont of time) selling a niche model bike like the Vmax. Hopefully they have spent this time developing a nice all aluminum touring frame with fuel tank under the seat down low, will allow for maximum allowable intake size and room for other electronics under a false tank cover (i.e. Original Venture and ST1100,the Other V4), more modern styling so its not a me too bike, but sufficient exposed mechanicals so it still looks like a motorcycle and not a big scooter. Problem with all that is, the price will be well skyward of the current 20,000 price tag (They get 20K for the Vmax with no fairing).

So the big question for you and for Yamaha, is what are you willing to Pay to buy the bike with all the features you want? Who here would pay say 24,999 (assuming they can do it for that) for an all new aluminum frame, Vmax based FI engine, full faired touring bike, trunk and bags, with ABS, cruise , radials, shaft drive, etc ?

In reality the answer to the above will ultimately determine what Yamaha will build. They could do it like the FJR intro and only build as many as they get committed orders for.

RSTDdog

I have a 5th anniverary 1987...yes that's the badge on my '87 gold/cream version.. And being that this next model would be the 30th anniverary. But my math says '88 should have the badge if it was painted gold/cream. Go figure that maybe Yamaha uses the Chinese calendar and crazy...maybe EFI and get the lost 20hp and tach back for the RSV, compared to the 1st gen sitting in my garage that turns the quarter in 12.7...I would buy it. But could yamaha get anything correct lately...keep dreaming for the Venture to return with serious gutts

Edited by jasonm.