IGNORED

Thanks for coming to Maintenance Day

Freebird

Eileen want to extend our heartfelt thanks to all of you who came to Maintenance Day this year. We love doing this and our reward is seeing everybody having a nice time. That is all it is about. It was great spending time with old friends and familiar faces and always great meeting new people. As usual, you were all a class act.

The numbers were down a bit this year but we still had a fantastic crowd. I think I made a mistake this year when I moved it forward by a week. A lot of folks had graduations and etc. to attend. We were not at all disappointed in the turnout but there were some of our regulars that we truly missed. I will try next year to move it to the middle of June again.

A special thanks to all who jumped in and helped with the Maintenance activities. I simply could not do this without your help. I know that Skydoc truly missed having V7Goose around as well as Squidley and a couple others who usually jump in and help.

Also, a special thanks to all the ladies who help Eileen get the food arranged and served and maintaining some sense of order to things.

It was another successful weekend that Eileen and I both agree went by way too quick. We are already looking forward to next year. Well, at least we will be after a good nights sleep. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderin' how you guys are STILL up!!! Rose and I truly appreciate all you've done this weekend, it may have been a bit smaller but still a great time was had by all! See you next time.....

Ron and I had a great time.

Yammer Dan I thought that I did not see you there but then again there was a guy there that reminded me of you a lot!

Yama Mama:happy65:

You see the pic of that guy without his shirt and those that know me will know it is a Impostor!!:whistling::whistling:

Don this is my third year and I almost bailed because of so much I had to do and I was really burned out. But I came any way and ever so glad that I did. new faces were met. old faces were re- met. I had a blast, This year I was just not a sectator but pitched in and helped change some tires and a few other odds and ends and felt more apart of it all then ever. I realize it is a lot of work for you and Eilean but I for one and we both know the rest all truly appreciate the trouble you two got to go through to make it all happen.

Thanks Don and Eilean and God bless.

I really wanted to come again this year but work got in the way. From the pics I've seen so far, looks like ya'll had a ball!! Did anyone ever get an estimate on the headcount and bikes present?

This was my 4th MD Don and I want you to know how much I value the opportunity to meet with and get to know better so many of the wonderful people who share our common interest. What you and Eileen do is amazing and special.

Hey Don,

As I have said many times, you and your lovely wife Eileen, are full on crazy to let a bunch of scally-wags invade your home every year, but as always, thank you very much for the privilege to be a part of this group, this band of brothers and sisters. I was not able to ride my VR to this event because of a recent surgery, but my brother James, stepped up and drove me all the way to Oberlin, Ohio in his Jeep because he knew how much this Maint. Day means to me. Little did he know that he would be swept up in the "Temporary Insanity" that those of us who have been before call Don's Maint. Day. For every rider that braved the weather, my hat's off to you! To every person that showed kindness to my brother and myself, I thank you. To all of the members that allowed me to work on your bikes, I thank you for your patience. Because Tried and True members like V7Goose, Squidley and Rick Butler were not able to be with us this year, it was left up to us "underlings" to show the newby's what VentureRider.ORG is really about. Don did his part and provided the venue, and his charm, and the rest of us did all that we could to carry on the tradition that has been passed down to us from members like the ones mentioned above. Goose, Squid, Rick, you were sorely missed, but not forgotten. My one and only wish is that next year, you will be able to join us again, and of course that "we did you proud", by carrying on the tradition of service, that is the cornerstone of Don's Maint. Day, and truly makes VentureRider.ORG unique among it's peers. I am proud to be called a VentureRider, and glad to be of service to it's members. :thumbsup2:

Earl and James Harrell

First and foremost, we want to thank the beautiful Eileen and the most gracious Don for allowing us to invade their inner circle. We had the best time and are already looking forward to next year. It was great to see some "old" faces and meet some new ones. I know all too well how much work is involved in putting something of this magnitude together, just know that we truely appreciate it. When I explain MD to my friends, they just can't believe that there are no ego's, no bickering and that everyone gets along for the betterment of all. All of you are really special people and I'm proud to know you. Big Tom.....don't think for one minute that I've forgotten that you owe me 1 giant ice cream either!

Thank you Don and Eileen for a wonderful event.

This was our first MD and it was great time because of all the wonderful, kind and funny folks we met. Had a blast and really appreciate all the help with the Broom.

I am so sorry that I missed this event. I tired to get there though. I know I was close. I rode all the way to Oberlin. Drove around the LaGrange circle about a dozen times, racking my brain to try and remember where Don was located at. I dind't get the address, but I remember beging there two years before. And I had a great time! Next year, I'm going to make sure that I get the address before I leave. Can't trust my memory any more, LOL!

Glad to hear it was a successful day!

Don, as always Irene and I were very happy to be there and greatly appreciate you and Eileen's hospitality. Just like in the past we enjoyed meeting new people and seeing old friends. We even missed those who, for one reason or another, couldn't make it. Perhaps next year.

Hey Don & Eileen,

I really wanted to make it this year, but things just didn't work out. Always think the people on this site are Great! Someone asked me yesturday what I thought about my Ultra compaired to the Venture, I liked great qualities of each. Wish I keep my RSV, but realize i can't ride both, and it is in Great Hands with Ray. Always felt at somepoint when I have to go to a trike, it will be a RSV. Hope to see you all next year, Later-

Eileen and Don.

It was my pleasure to meet you both. You are wonderful hosts.

I spent a lot of time around the work being done and learned a lot of things. Some good some bad.

I learned a lot while I was there, met a lot of people that were just names on a screen before.

Sorry Earl for making you do my carbs twice. :stickpoke:Squid would have been proud of you.

Rode it in limped it out...:stickpoke:Even got Yammer Dan to help the second time thru. My "old" "bad" parts were donated to someone that had even worse parts and made him a happy camper too.

Thanks again

Awesome time spent with a bunch of Venture riders. The Host and Hostess have a big heart to allow a bunch of folks to invade there space. Louise and I wish to get more involved and help were we can in the years to come. Miss you all till next time! :bighug:

Thanks so much for a wonderful weekend. It was great to see old friends and catch up. Missed the usual bunch tho. Glad to meet some new people and match faces to names.

Thanks Eileen for letting us invade your house.

Hey Don,

As I have said many times, you and your lovely wife Eileen, are full on crazy to let a bunch of scally-wags invade your home every year, but as always, thank you very much for the privilege to be a part of this group, this band of brothers and sisters. I was not able to ride my VR to this event because of a recent surgery, but my brother James, stepped up and drove me all the way to Oberlin, Ohio in his Jeep because he knew how much this Maint. Day means to me. Little did he know that he would be swept up in the "Temporary Insanity" that those of us who have been before call Don's Maint. Day. For every rider that braved the weather, my hat's off to you! To every person that showed kindness to my brother and myself, I thank you. To all of the members that allowed me to work on your bikes, I thank you for your patience. Because Tried and True members like V7Goose, Squidley and Rick Butler were not able to be with us this year, it was left up to us "underlings" to show the newby's what VentureRider.ORG is really about. Don did his part and provided the venue, and his charm, and the rest of us did all that we could to carry on the tradition that has been passed down to us from members like the ones mentioned above. Goose, Squid, Rick, you were sorely missed, but not forgotten. My one and only wish is that next year, you will be able to join us again, and of course that "we did you proud", by carrying on the tradition of service, that is the cornerstone of Don's Maint. Day, and truly makes VentureRider.ORG unique among it's peers. I am proud to be called a VentureRider, and glad to be of service to it's members. :thumbsup2:

Earl and James Harrell

I too missed the threesome and hope to see them back next year.

Was not there Don, but I do appreciate all you and your wonderful wife do every year. I will make plans to be there next middle of June.

I hope all the regulars are able to be there next year also. Someone said they thought this was a very thoughtful and brave thing you and your wife do every year. To allow a bunch of bike riders to invade pour home. I agree, but you could not have picked a better bunch to do it with.

Thanks to all whom have helped me along the way. Thanks to those whom have responded through my trying times during the shoulder surgery, of which I am still in recovery mode.

Thanks to all who have purchased a flag mount from me. This gave me a very little bit of needed income, but was mostly something to try and do as I was home and felt kinda useless. It helped me a lot in so many ways to do this. Something that I am now pursuing even more. Thanks for the encouragement.

May God Bless and be with each and every one of you. I hope to get to see you all next year.

I wonder, did anyone get Freebird a T-shirt this year ????

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :usa: