IGNORED

When you think you have seen stupid... Tada!!

Snaggletooth

I've seen some stupid stuff in my life and the morons that come with the show but geesh!, I had something happen that threw me completely today.

What would be the last thing that you would think that someone would try to steal off your bike in the middle of the afternoon, in a Wally World parking lot at the end of the lane not 75 feet from the front entrance?

Something real easy right? Something that would be real handy to just grab and go or cut off real fast right.

How about the rear turn signal? Not just the lens but the whole danged thing!

I park in that spot 5 days week doing my service route for my part time job. I'm usually in the store for 45 minutes to an hour. Some times less. I was walking up to the bike and saw something on the ground. It was the turn signal lens. First thought was some fool clipped the bike turning the corner. But no, the lens is in one piece. I saw the reflector for the light hanging down and the screws were gone.

Got to looking and the taillight housing itself was pulled away from the bike an inch or so. I found the nut and washer for that on the ground under the bike along with one screw from the reflector and the screws for the lens. All they had left to do was jerk the wires loose and it would have been gone.

I was ticked! How close did I come to walking up to them while they were taking my bike apart in the parking lot? I went over and asked a few Wally World workers taking their smoke breaks out front if they had seen anything going on over by my bike. Only one gal remembered seeing two other bikes parked by mine in the last 10 minutes or so but they had just left.

Got my kit out and put it all back together and headed home. Still smoldering.

I'm gonna keep parking my bike in the same spot. I'm going to start keeping an eye on it from the front of the store. I'm looking forward to introducing myself to the fool. He needs to meet me in person. I'm sure he will remember me after that.

How bigga sack does it take to pull a stunt like that?

Don't answer that.... no need to.

Mike

A guy was trying to bust open my trunk on the Lady once. Right in view of a freaking surveillance camera, thirty feet from the front doors of the mall... don't know what he was thinkin.

Check where your bike was parked, should be "a" camera that covered it.

I've seen some stupid stuff in my life and the morons that come with the show but geesh!, I had something happen that threw me completely today.

What would be the last thing that you would think that someone would try to steal off your bike in the middle of the afternoon, in a Wally World parking lot at the end of the lane not 75 feet from the front entrance?

Something real easy right? Something that would be real handy to just grab and go or cut off real fast right.

How about the rear turn signal? Not just the lens but the whole danged thing!

I park in that spot 5 days week doing my service route for my part time job. I'm usually in the store for 45 minutes to an hour. Some times less. I was walking up to the bike and saw something on the ground. It was the turn signal lens. First thought was some fool clipped the bike turning the corner. But no, the lens is in one piece. I saw the reflector for the light hanging down and the screws were gone.

Got to looking and the taillight housing itself was pulled away from the bike an inch or so. I found the nut and washer for that on the ground under the bike along with one screw from the reflector and the screws for the lens. All they had left to do was jerk the wires loose and it would have been gone.

I was ticked! How close did I come to walking up to them while they were taking my bike apart in the parking lot? I went over and asked a few Wally World workers taking their smoke breaks out front if they had seen anything going on over by my bike. Only one gal remembered seeing two other bikes parked by mine in the last 10 minutes or so but they had just left.

Got my kit out and put it all back together and headed home. Still smoldering.

I'm gonna keep parking my bike in the same spot. I'm going to start keeping an eye on it from the front of the store. I'm looking forward to introducing myself to the fool. He needs to meet me in person. I'm sure he will remember me after that.

How bigga sack does it take to pull a stunt like that?

Don't answer that.... no need to.

Mike

Well, you are riding an antique...:rotf: Maybe they were pickers...:rotf:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm very glad they didn't succeed in the theft and I hope you get to introduce yourself, proper like.:whistling::080402gudl_prv:

I'm paranoid about this kind of stuff happening. I park my bike at the top of the property near the town while the cottage is way down by the water (out of eye-sight). So I put on a Scorpio Alarm with the motion detection. Anyone walk near the bike and it starts chirping right away.. If they stick around it starts screaming. Theft of opportunity is no longer a worry for me - gives me good piece of mind now. I'd recommend it.

Gee, I have a couple of spare turn signals I'll send you that you can leave on the seat with a note on them...

here's the sad thing about all that. They could have come into the store and asked around for you to see if you or someone you knew had a spare and you could have asked any of us that do have spares and we could have helped out. Instead these idiots made a new enemy for themselves and still didn't get the part.

hey theres an answer leave a note strapped to the turn signal saying "If you need a turn signal come ask me either I or one of my friends can help you out." then you can decide to have them arrested or ask one of us for a turn signal. Win/Win.

In my previous life my partner and I came out of a 24 hour small tire shop and found an idiot trying to break into our PBW with a coat hanger. We wander over and began making small talk and offering suggestion to the guy on how to get into the vehicle.

After about 5 minutes I ask him if he thought it would be easier with a key. He laughed and said it sure would be. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the key and my partnet put the collar on him. Told him that in addition to it being easier to get into the car, we could also provide him a ride.... to the cop shop. Guy didn't know whether to sh.. or go blind.

Ya know, looking at what happend I can see why it didn't throw any red flags for passerbys. A couple three bikes parked next to each other and one guy pulling off a rear light. What does that look like? Somebody changing a light bulb.

Heck, I've seen guys at that location crawl under their cars and pull the drain plug and drain the oil onto the lot without a pan. Push the car back and put the plug back in, fill it up with the oil they just bought at the store and drive away. Nobody even notices.

But in this day and age where cars sit with the alarms systems blasting away and people walk right by without a look or the bat of an eye. Not their problem right?

The sense of community is gone. I see all these groups holding marchs and rallies saying they are going to "Take Back the Neighborhood!" Why did they lose it in the first place? Nobody wants to see what is going on around them and step up. The situations would probably had not turned so bad if someone, anybody had stepped up and said, "That is going to stop, right here, right now!"

But I'll be over there tomorrow and stop in at the Police sub station (that is right inside the door of Wally World) that is 75 ft from where my bike was at the time and just file a report just for the record. I'm not out anything except some agravation and a lil time.

:rant:

Mike

Long ago I worked at a plywood mill in Victoria. The employees parking lot was surrounded by houses but no one ever saw anything. One guy came out and could not get his car to go, they had taken the rear axle. They stole the carburetter off my car but were kind enough to put on their old one so I could make it home. One guy lost a transmission.

They stole the carburetter off my car but were kind enough to put on their old one so I could make it home.

Now that's a considerate crook!! LOL

Around 1968 I had a '58 Impala convertible. Came out one morning to find someone had cut a 6" slit in the top so they could get into the car and steal my tape deck ... meanwhile, sitting in an open box on the pass side was my brand new carter 4 barrel carb that I was planning on installing that day .... they never took it ... :confused24: :doh:

Obviously kids.

Ouch!! That's MY Wally World. The would-be perps have got to be from Omaha, no one in CB would ever think about committing such a heinous crime!!:cool10:

Still alive, yes. Just didn't have much to say!!

Bill W.

When you catch this person, be sure to introduce him to Mr .45 or Mr 40 cal. Leaves a good impression!

Bill W.:):)

Bill, you know the rules! It's still illegal to shoot people for something like that!

Now..... from what I hear it's ok to play hockey with them.

Pass me the puckers and couple of good slap shots should make me feel better. :big-grin-emoticon:

Mike