IGNORED

Grandson crashed hard

As is so often the case it's not going down that hurts you so much....it's what you hit as you are sliding or rolling.

I was a passenger on my buddies bike when we went down on a major highway, wrong place at wrong time, we were "collateral damage" from another crash.

I was OK....my buddy died from hitting a sign post as he rolled.

Glad Lil Ventureous is OK....hope he's up and about ASAP.

Glad your grandson will be ok.

Looks like it's going to be a bad year for motorcyclists in Tn.My neighbor is with the THP.

We have lost 10 people on bikes so far this year. 6 singles, 2 doubles.

The singles were crotch rockets. Just tell the young riders to be safe.

Leonard

Prayers and best wishes for your grandson.

My 23 yr old son was is a crotch rocket daredevil, and knows it. I used to hold my breath when i knew he was out riding with his friends. He doesn't have a crotch rocket right now so I got him to ride my 89 VR. He actually liked it. So I got him an 87 VR and other than wanting to put louder pipes on it, he seems very interested. He had my bike for a weekend and showed up at a crime scene I was working at with a big smile and wondering when we would finish his bike.

Kids just think they are invincible on those rocket sleds.

Maybe your grandson will look towards a more "comfortable" bike now.

Best wishes.

As of this moment, he is back in surgery. He had a rod with pins put into his femur on his right leg and due to the muscle damage and continued bleeding, they had not closed up his leg yet. As of last night, he had used 8 units of blood. I suspect one of the metal fence posts he went across is what tore his leg up. I think the bike hit the telephone pole, but I don't think he did.

He is in good spirits and is talking and I suspect he is a bit mad at himself. He has always been a real good kid, does not smoke or do any drugs and is very well liked as he is just a very pleasant young man.

I, along with Brian and the rest of the family really do appreciate all the prayers and thoughts. This could have easily have been a death we could be dealing with right now.

RandyA

Randy,

Having checked out the area down there last February, I know first hand how some of those county roads can take some very surprising dips & turns. (one of them scared the hell out of me in a car) You guys have some pucker inducing roads over there!

Glad he's doing ok. Tough lesson to learn.

He had a guardian angel riding with him that day!

My best for a fast & full recovery!

Andy

Thank you everyone. Wanted to post something Thursday through my Iphone but it wound not let me type in the message area.

He has had 14 units of blood now and is scheduled for another surgery tomorrow. He has been alert and good spirits this whole time. little more muscle damage now then we orginally trhought. He is swelling alot right now.

But from his attitude you would never guess this bad an accident. I came home last night for the the first time since wed morning. Im heading back up there now. Thank you to everybody and their prayers and wishes.

He has made the joke about building a shifter cart now maybe.

He had has third surgery today. They are mostly just going back in to check for more dead muscle and check for infection. He's a tough lil cookie. He's also starting to get real mad at his self. He's doing pretty good now and joking alot. They are just keeping him there now because of having someone closer and and more available to check his wound vac and blood levels which are going up on there own now.

Tomorrow they are going to have him stand and move on his own.

Thank you for the prayers and well wishes

Now since I have not had time to look on the computer let's go see if I see if there is any new pictures of Dan's garage.

Edited by Lil Venturous