IGNORED

We done it.....

BoomerCPO

In Dec of 2011 I discovered a homeless Veteran's Shelter in Vinton,La. that was sorely in need of funds. The place was established and is run by one Vietnam Vet and his wife. Because they are religious-based they get NO State or Federal funding. Bert and his wife have maintained this Shelter for the past 28 years with only their own funds and meager donations.

On March 17th I and my CVMA Brothers here in SW La. held our Annual Spring "All Patriots Poker Run" to benefit this Vets Shelter. We registered well over 200 Riders and at days end we handed over $7500.00(cash) to the Shelter.:cool10:

Boomer....who sez we don't need the Goobermint to make good things happen...and even de pygmies donated their Dairy Queen funds to this cause.....:whistling:

I am NOT done yet!!! The cottages for the Vets are merely 1 room Cottages (16'x24') which include a bathroom w/shower. They are constructed of landscape ties and have metal roofs. MY plan is to insulate the roofs; install a window AC for each unit; and install indoor/outdoor carpet. Once this is done I hope to have all the Units wired for basic Cable TV and install a nice Flat Screen TV for each unit as well.:cool10:

Boomer.....who hopes he lives long enuff to get all dis stuff done....and if I hit dat Powerball Lottery dis project is really gonna take off like a gorilla wit a road flare stuck up its posterior......:whistling:

Good job Boomer.

We have a homeless vet shelter here in Detroit. I work for a private school that is always having some type of large dinners, whenever there is large amounts of food left over I gather it all up and donate it to the shelter. Sometimes it's chicken & mosticholli, others times it's beef fillet's. My last trip down was with 15 gallons of soup & 350 bagels. They are happy yo have it and I'm happy to help.

In Dec of 2011 I discovered a homeless Veteran's Shelter in Vinton,La. that was sorely in need of funds. The place was established and is run by one Vietnam Vet and his wife. Because they are religious-based they get NO State or Federal funding. Bert and his wife have maintained this Shelter for the past 28 years with only their own funds and meager donations.

On March 17th I and my CVMA Brothers here in SW La. held our Annual Spring "All Patriots Poker Run" to benefit this Vets Shelter. We registered well over 200 Riders and at days end we handed over $7500.00(cash) to the Shelter.:cool10:

Boomer....who sez we don't need the Goobermint to make good things happen...and even de pygmies donated their Dairy Queen funds to this cause.....:whistling:

The Federal Government spends billions, each year, on "Faith-based Initiatives".

Simply being a Religious Organisation shouldn't disqualify them from help.

Good on you for the Poker Run.