IGNORED

Too much travel?

Freebird

Here it is, March 2, 2012. We just completed 2 months of the year and this morning I got an email from Choice Hotels congratulating me on achieving Diamond Elite Status for this year. I've been a Diamond Elite member for a lot of years but you have to re-qualify every year. That is the top level of their membership program and I think you achieve it at 40 nights.

I am not bragging about it....I'm really just TIRED of being gone so much. It doesn't even include my last 8 or 10 nights on the road and yes, I'm writing this from another hotel room. I know that I am fortunate to have a job at a time when so many are out of work and I am indeed thankful for that.

Being on the road so much probably actually makes it easier to do what I have to do here. If I was home every night, Eileen would start getting upset at me for being on the computer all the time. Being on the road, I really don't have anything else to do at night. I'm too old and ugly to go out and pick up women and besides, Eileen doesn't let me date. :confused24:

Freebird I kind of know what you mean. I travel quite a bit for work too. 20+ weeks a year for from 2 to 4 night at a time. Unfortunatly my company bumps us around from hotel to hotel so making status get tough. For the most part its either the comfort inns, hampton or I collect "room point" for, the others I belong to like holiday inn I transfer to my airline points. As we stay less frequently with them and they would expire before I could probably use them.

I usualy get to take one work weekend and make a bike trip out of it. If I do and need a room inbetween I use points for it. What confuses me is after a couple weeks of traveling back to back they all look the same and I forget which room I have that week. :confused24:

I stay at Comfort Inns too whenever I can. Their breakfasts can't be beat for the price (free) I already have 20 nights. I was just told I will be on travel for 4 weeks from mid March to Mid April... that out to give me the higher "status" . I could probably get the highest status now if I told them I had a 1st Gen...:sun:

Here it is, March 2, 2012. We just completed 2 months of the year and this morning I got an email from Choice Hotels congratulating me on achieving Diamond Elite Status for this year. I've been a Diamond Elite member for a lot of years but you have to re-qualify every year. That is the top level of their membership program and I think you achieve it at 40 nights.

I am not bragging about it....I'm really just TIRED of being gone so much. It doesn't even include my last 8 or 10 nights on the road and yes, I'm writing this from another hotel room. I know that I am fortunate to have a job at a time when so many are out of work and I am indeed thankful for that.

I feel for ya... Back in the late 60's I left for an annual sales meeting in Florida on Jan 2, and spent one night at home in my own bed until March 1st. Said that was enough and called the office and told them I was going to go underground for 2 weeks. Don't call me...I'll call you...

The whole rewards program(s) is kinda funny when you think about it. They give you extra points/rewards to make it less expensive/easier/nicer so you can stay away from home more often. Before I retired I was in the air 4-5 days a week. I caught planes like most folks caught buses. I was a million miler on several airlines and retired holding 860,000 frequent flyer points.

And was a gold, silver or platinum member of just about every hotel chain. I just gave away remaining points to Make a Wish, Fisher House Foundation and Starlight Foundation before they expired. Naw, don't miss it. I like traveling on two wheels now staying in Mom Pop Motels on the back roads that I use to look down on from 30,000 feet.

quote=Yammer Dan;661597]One of the things about being in Prison was I didn't have to worry where I was going to be the next day. All those years of construction work I never knew where I was going to end up.:whistling:

Thought that was normal for being in prison, and you married the warden now that's Kinky guess I missed that issue of the tabloids.:rotf::rotf:

That remedial course in reading comprehension is really paying off.:stickpoke::stickpoke:

Edited by playboy

Retirement? Well let's see. Based upon how my 401k has done over the past 3 or 4 years and looking at my outstanding debt, I'm thinking that I will be able to retire at around age 145 I was shooting for 120 but don't see that happening now. :)

You would THINK that I would be getting pretty good on the guitar but it's just not happening. I take it with me every week but there are some weeks that I never open the case. There is obviously something wrong with the guitars that I have...they just don't sound like the ones I've heard on TV, Radio, etc. I may have to try another one. :whistling: