IGNORED

Where's your brother Don I need help

Eddie

:)Man I never paid attension to how much HD bashin going on around here. I start out every Monday with one feeling and I got it hurt already . Now I would like to know how many guys have rode a Harley from the last couple of years and can give an opinion . If you havent, and have an opinion you must just be Venturerider brain washed.:stirthepot:

What specifically are you looking for information on Eddie? I have ridden several, pro's and con's to them like any bike. Low speed balanced much better, can get VERY hot riding in the heat, lots and lots of bling that can be added. Not as ergonomically comfortable as some bikes I have ridden (RSV is still a better fit for me personally) Great charging system and stereo to boot....what gives buddy?

:confused24:

:)Man I never paid attension to how much HD bashin going on around here. I start out every Monday with one feeling and I got it hurt already . Now I would like to know how many guys have rode a Harley from the last couple of years and can give an opinion . If you havent, and have an opinion you must just be Venturerider brain washed.:stirthepot:

Depends on the bike, rode a 2006 Ultra loved it for short trips couple hundred miles but was cramped with my wife and me on it. liked the electronics and cruise better than the RSV. Love the Heritage Softail but again only good for short trips, as for the Dynas they are way to small for me but still fun to ride.

Like Monty said earlier, "some people would argue with you, if you said, the sky was blue"

I don't take any of it to heart

Not to many bikes I wouldn't /haven't ridden.

Sportsters suzukis triumphs yamahas (hondas... although that 350 69' was a top heavy POS) and just about got me kilt!

They're all good... beats the heck out of walkin or riding around in a cage!

Well im thinking you must be harley brain washed :whistling: . i have a friend who bought two harleys in 2010 and i have rode both one is a fat boy and the other a sportster,both seemed to ride ok but i like my 87 first gen better for handling. i have owned five harleys and the new ones are way better than them, but on my friend and his wifes third ride on these bikes me and another friend had to stop and pick up a tail light cover that fell off the fatboy and five miles later picked up the chrome coil cover off the sportster. when we pulled up to him at the next stop and held up the parts he wanted to know whos they were and the look on his face when we said they were his he could not beleave us until he got off and seen for himself. mind you i am not bashing anyone for what they ride,but just know what works for me . my friend likes his harleys we just have to pick up parts sometimes. too much vibration for this old guy.:confused24:

I have rode a number of harleys in the last two years. two sportsters, a road glide, a dyna glide and a CVO ultra.

The 2011 CVO was an 1800cc (110ci) and the sorriest performer of the bunch considering the motor size, 6 speed transmission. A nice riding bike in general, but for $33,000, I still haven't hit the mid life crisis hard enough.

The sportsters were OK nothing to get exited about if you are into an off balance washing machine between your legs.

The Road Glide is a 2007, 1600cc (98ci) with a stage 3 kit in it. Considering the weight of the bike it is somewhat better than the sportsters.

The Dyna glide is a 105 anniversary bike with a 1450cc (88ci) It has been upgraded initially to a stage 4 kit, then again, with a larger bore kit, cams, carb ect. It is by far the quickest of the HD's I have in recent past been on.

The Road Glide would be the only one of these I would ever consider having just for the fact of the frame mounted fairing. But if you think a venture handles bad at low speed, don't try one of these.

As far as acceleration, the Dyna Glide is the best, but with over 10K in the motor it should be.

The road glide I can take by about 5 bike lengths in 1st gear. The Dyna is about even overall with me. The sportsters are not even close. The CVO was one I rode at a demo day ride, but it was pitiful.

Gary

My sons sportster.

[ATTACH]64135[/ATTACH]

My cousins sons Road Glide

[ATTACH]64136[/ATTACH]

A freinds sportster (was my cosins sons for a while)

[ATTACH]64137[/ATTACH]

My cousins Dyna Glide

[ATTACH]64138[/ATTACH]

The CVO I road, needs a chain on it and it would be a great anchor.

[ATTACH]64139[/ATTACH]

Nothing wrong Brad, just starting some more BS around here. Its boring in the Winter. As someome stated about the slow speed handeling this new road glide feels 300 hundred pounds lighter than the RSV. When we talk about who's bike is faster are you guys out drag racing your bikes all the time. I spent 10 years on 3 different Ventures and can count on one hand how many times I raced them. Not a bike I would pick for such things. I have a little yellow car for this kind of fun.

I've ridden and 2010 Ultra Classic and it was a very nice riding bike. A little bit cramped for my taste.

Dennis

I agree , the Ultra classic is a tight feeling bike. Its funny because the road glide is on the same frame and feels as long as the RSV to me.

Edited by Eddie

can count on one hand how many times I raced them. Not a bike I would pick for such things.

I don't race but following Swifty can get your speed up Just a little. :rotf:

Never rode one Eddie but I would probably like it, heat would be one issue I think I would fight a bit.

Brad

I don't race but following Swifty can get your speed up Just a little. :rotf:

Never rode one Eddie but I would probably like it, heat would be one issue I think I would fight a bit.

Brad

d

Wont be hard to catch a sail boat

Thanks Gary, Now Im going to have to hear about Ugly and Brown Sugar. :rotf:

"Ugly" and "Brown Sugar"?? I wanna hear about that little yellow car... May have to get the Saab 900 Turbo out!!

My last Hardley was a 56 Pan. May have improved a few things since then....:whistling:

Mine was Mine was rigid frame Raked 47 degrees 16 inches over springer forks, no front brake, holes drilled in frame to run what wiring there was thru, no exposed wiring,. Tank molded to frame Candy Apple Red. I thought it would run OK til my buddy got a 900 ZI Kaw.

Winter just plain SUCKS!!

I never owned a Harley and only rode one on one occasion. I'm too happy with my Venture to even consider changing bikes and I have noticed lately that once you own a harley or are a wannabe, it appears to be mandatory to have/wear everything you own embroidered with the Harley logo. :rotfl:

I don't even wear a chevy hat -

I never owned a Harley and only rode one on one occasion. I'm too happy with my Venture to even consider changing bikes and I have noticed lately that once you own a harley or are a wannabe, it appears to be mandatory to have/wear everything you own embroidered with the Harley logo. :rotfl:

I don't even wear a chevy hat -

After looking at the prices of there clothing I have a new respect for the HD threads. Its a very expensive fashion statement. I picked up a sweatshirt at the dealer and was going to buy it till I seen the 65.00 tag on it. Im not cheap but there's limits. I know two guys that dress in all this stuff and have never owned a motorcycle. I need to get these two together because they could start a club.

After looking at the prices of there clothing I have a new respect for the HD threads. Its a very expensive fashion statement. I picked up a sweatshirt at the dealer and was going to buy it till I seen the 65.00 tag on it. Im not cheap but there's limits. I know two guys that dress in all this stuff and have never owned a motorcycle. I need to get these two together because they could start a club.

Buying a Harley is just the beginning, it then becomes a battle as to which chrome to buy or which shirt to buy. same price

don't mean to sound like I'm bashing, it's just that when someone becomes a harley owner, the mentality seems to change.

I've seen several Honda owners go to Harley and then they become a walking Harley advertisement. I think it's great, guess I'm envious of the money spent on attire :clap2: