Can't get the clutch to bleed or work .When I bought the bike the clutch was going out I bled it and it came back just fine I put about 200 miles on it and it went out again and I tried to bleed it but nothing I thought I saw a leek from the pipe line so I replaced it and now again nothing any ideas?? Small air bubbles come out when I comprees handle but nothing major..

Sound like it's filled with air and needs a good bleeding. Do you own a brake bleeding tool? If not this maybe a good time to get one, it will make bleeding easier. If your doing it the old way by pumping the handle it can take forever to get all the air out.

When you say FOREVER what do you mean I did leave it over night with thehandle taped pulled in and the bleeder valve open and the fluid went down just a tiny bit.

Guys keep in mind sometimes I have to read things 3 or 4 times before I get what you mean I'm not very bright when it comes to mechanical things it takes a while to sink in!!! pretend like your talking to a 10 year old!!

Yammer!! Thanks I was wondering about that so this morning I did it that way we'll see if that works also WHAT IS A BLEEDING TOOL!!! is it the same for a bike as acar where do I buy one at a reasonable price a dealers price has got to be high and for that matter the closest one is 20 miles away!!

I was wondering if a vacum bleeder would do the trick. I had one, but left it in the path of a car once. The end. Ever since all I have ever used is just an old oil bottle with the cap drilled and a line run into the top from the bleeder. If you put a loop in it is sort of acts as a check valve. Clear line works best as you can see the fluid.

:080402gudl_prv:

Best spend $12 and become a member,,,, then it will almost bleed itself.

Well Carl it's obvious your not a help full person and WHAT??? a trial membership means nothing!!! With guys like you who would want to join, and please don't say you were kidding THAT'S for the watering hole NOT tech talk I don't have time for CHILDISH comments!!!!

STRIKE TWO!!!

You know, MarCarl is a longtime member here and has helped more people than you can possibly know. You haven't been here long enough to know the various personalities and understand when people are teasing. On the other hand, this is the second time that you have made a post about not joining due to some post that you didn't like. In your mind, that may be strike 2 for MarCarl but you are a decimal point from strike three. We tease and have fun here in a lot of different areas, not just the watering hole. If you are looking for such strict discipline, this may not be the right place for you.

You know, MarCarl is a longtime member here and has helped more people than you can possibly know. You haven't been here long enough to know the various personalities and understand when people are teasing. On the other hand, this is the second time that you have made a post about not joining due to some post that you didn't like. In your mind, that may be strike 2 for MarCarl but you are a decimal point from strike three. We tease and have fun here in a lot of different areas, not just the watering hole. If you are looking for such strict discipline, this may not be the right place for you.

Way to go Boss. Makes me sorry I gave the advice.

Well Carl it's obvious your not a help full person and WHAT??? a trial membership means nothing!!! With guys like you who would want to join, and please don't say you were kidding THAT'S for the watering hole NOT tech talk I don't have time for CHILDISH comments!!!!

Well usedcycledude it's apparent you haven't spent any time in this forum except to find free help for "your little fixes".There are an extremely large number of helpful people on this forum and Marcarl is no exception.Maybe next time you could instead of spending $12 to get a small fix and even a little bit of humour attached you could pay a dealer $1200 or so for the same fix or even better hire yourself a usedcyclemechanic.For a guy that wants everything for free and it's not like this is the 1st time you are asking for help here .Maybe you should look in the mirror to see what CHILDISH looks like.This is just my honest personal opinion and in no way reflects that of the forum or anyone involved in it.

Your right!!! I apologize to you and MarCarl for offending you. It's your forum and I'm not looking for a place to chit chat and joke around just a little advice . I assumed, and assumed wrong that certain posting areas were for certain things. I was wrong. Thank you for your help and I won't be troubling you with my opinions any longer.

Well usedcycledude it's apparent you haven't spent any time in this forum except to find free help for "your little fixes".There are an extremely large number of helpful people on this forum and Marcarl is no exception.Maybe next time you could instead of spending $12 to get a small fix and even a little bit of humour attached you could pay a dealer $1200 or so for the same fix or even better hire yourself a usedcyclemechanic.For a guy that wants everything for free and it's not like this is the 1st time you are asking for help here .Maybe you should look in the mirror to see what CHILDISH looks like.This is just my honest personal opinion and in no way reflects that of the forum or anyone involved in it.

Hey I agree with that remark!!!! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Lighten up a little we are a fun loving crowd.

Even the Boss don't bite.... well at least not very hard.

If any "true man" would only read just a few of the 5142 posts made by Carl and look at the 118 friends listed....it would be impossible to say that "HE IS NOT A HELPFUL PERSON"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you just said "HE IS NOT A HELPFUL PERSON" :whistling: :stirthepot: :yikes: :stickpoke:

We all know he is......."helpful"........that is!

:missingtooth:

I think you just said "HE IS NOT A HELPFUL PERSON" :whistling: :stirthepot: :yikes: :stickpoke:

We all know he is......."helpful"........that is!

:missingtooth:

Just got off the phone with my English Teacher, she said my grammer was a little rough but very understandable. She also said if total post numbers make a good man..........Carl is GOODER because you only have 1621 T O T A L :2cents: :stickpoke: :banana: Just Sayin

I think this is #17 for me sooo I'm a fair youngin:clap2:

I only have 2932 posts in the 1222 days I have been member here.

Wasn't very active first 2 years so take 730 days off for good behavior and that works out to 5.95 posts a day. Almost a postahorus.

And more than a few weren't that all helpful, I'm sure.

And if anyone wants to try it, below is a link to where you can ignore a members post. They won't show up on your screen. Located in the user CP on this forum, might be a good time to try it out.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/kangaroo.gif

Gary

Can't get the clutch to bleed or work .When I bought the bike the clutch was going out I bled it and it came back just fine I put about 200 miles on it and it went out again and I tried to bleed it but nothing I thought I saw a leek from the pipe line so I replaced it and now again nothing any ideas?? Small air bubbles come out when I comprees handle but nothing major..

Howdy:

So, to try to get this back on track I would like to ask for some clarification of your initial question as if you were a little more clear on what the problem is we may be able to provide a better solution. A few questions:

1) Could we get some basic information about your bike such as year, model and mileage

2) Please describe what you mean by the phrase "Can't get the clutch to bleed or work"

-- This could be interpreted various ways as there is some inherent ambiguity in describing something as simply 'not working' or 'went out'.

3) This is not really a question to clarify your issue but I am curious what, if anything, you have searched for on this site as there is a ton of information here. There are quite a few threads about bleeding the clutch (both 1st and 2nd gens), the weak clutch spring problem, replacing lines, etc.

4) In addition to your furthered explanation to #2, please include information as to what you have tried and the results

Providing more detail with your initial question will help anyone else navigating to your thread help YOU as we will be able to better understand what your particular issue is, your questions and further aid in the diagnosis and developing potential solutions to your issue(s).