Howdy:

So, to try to get this back on track I would like to ask for some clarification of your initial question as if you were a little more clear on what the problem is we may be able to provide a better solution. A few questions:

1) Could we get some basic information about your bike such as year, model and mileage

2) Please describe what you mean by the phrase "Can't get the clutch to bleed or work"

-- This could be interpreted various ways as there is some inherent ambiguity in describing something as simply 'not working' or 'went out'.

3) This is not really a question to clarify your issue but I am curious what, if anything, you have searched for on this site as there is a ton of information here. There are quite a few threads about bleeding the clutch (both 1st and 2nd gens), the weak clutch spring problem, replacing lines, etc.

4) In addition to your furthered explanation to #2, please include information as to what you have tried and the results

Providing more detail with your initial question will help anyone else navigating to your thread help YOU as we will be able to better understand what your particular issue is, your questions and further aid in the diagnosis and developing potential solutions to your issue(s).

Rick....did you sprain your tongue writing that!

:yikes:

Howdy:

So, to try to get this back on track I would like to ask for some clarification of your initial question as if you were a little more clear on what the problem is we may be able to provide a better solution. A few questions:

1) Could we get some basic information about your bike such as year, model and mileage

2) Please describe what you mean by the phrase "Can't get the clutch to bleed or work"

-- This could be interpreted various ways as there is some inherent ambiguity in describing something as simply 'not working' or 'went out'.

3) This is not really a question to clarify your issue but I am curious what, if anything, you have searched for on this site as there is a ton of information here. There are quite a few threads about bleeding the clutch (both 1st and 2nd gens), the weak clutch spring problem, replacing lines, etc.

4) In addition to your furthered explanation to #2, please include information as to what you have tried and the results

Providing more detail with your initial question will help anyone else navigating to your thread help YOU as we will be able to better understand what your particular issue is, your questions and further aid in the diagnosis and developing potential solutions to your issue(s).

If I could lay down words like that, " Quick Ride Around the Block=400miles later+Angry message From her b/f" would be on Page 5000.

And more than a few weren't that all helpful, I'm sure.

Mr Grammer (Bubber) will be all over the above Gary......:stirthepot:

I gotta say english was a subject I struggled with in school, but what the hell is wrong with that line???

:sign cmon:

Gary

I gotta say english was a subject I struggled with in school, but what the hell is wrong with that line???

:sign cmon:

Gary

Gary.... I seldom hear the words weren't that all helpful used in that order, and it makes no difference to me if it's right or wrong. The important thing is I think I offended you. My parents taught me many years ago that anytime I unintentionally offend anyone..to "man up and correct my wrong".

If I offended you with that post,

"Please Accept My Apology.... I'm Sorry"

My english is terrible and that can be verified in all my posts.

I never intend to offend, insult or wrong anyone anywhere...and especially on the best site on the web.

Gary.... I seldom hear the words weren't that all helpful used in that order, and it makes no difference to me if it's right or wrong. The important thing is I think I offended you. My parents taught me many years ago that anytime I unintentionally offend anyone..to "man up and correct my wrong".

If I offended you with that post,

"Please Accept My Apology.... I'm Sorry"

My english is terrible and that can be verified in all my posts.

I never intend to offend, insult or wrong anyone anywhere...and especially on the best site on the web.

You did not offend me, that was just me being sarcastic.

:bang head:

I was a US Marine, I have had sergeants that prided themselves in being able to offend recruits try hard for 3 months at Parris Island to live up to that goal. I survived that, I can live with being poked at about my lack of grammatical skills.

Gary

Well Carl it's obvious your not a help full person and WHAT??? a trial membership means nothing!!! With guys like you who would want to join, and please don't say you were kidding THAT'S for the watering hole NOT tech talk I don't have time for CHILDISH comments!!!!

STRIKE TWO!!!

Nah you didn't hurt me none,,,,, I kind of knew this would draw a comment from you, and once you get over that, you'll come to realize that when we get together, either here on the forum, or at any get togethers we have, fun comes naturally, because we treat each and everyone of us as real people,,,,, you included,,,, and that means we try to help each other out.

Let me explain. Does Don (our boss) need $12.00???? I don't really think so.

Are the members here worried that you haven't paid up and have to pay more? Not likely, this site would be cheap a double the price.

The real reason lies in yourself, and here again I want to be helpful. If you just come here for 'free' advice, you are most welcome to it, but if you invest a little, you'll become part of this group and soon you will find friendship, camaraderie, concern, passion,,,,, and you'll also find that you will be able to help others. In other words, it will compliment your life, and make it just a little more worth living.

Now in answer to your problem, the easiest way I found to bleed the clutch is with a little sucker thingie, that you put on the bleeder screw. Your local parts supplier should have one, cost will be somewhere around $30 to $40. It has more uses than just sucking clutch lines, but I made this long enough.

And they say I talk toooo much,,,,,,,HUH!!!!

You did not offend me, that was just me being sarcastic.

:bang head:

I was a US Marine, I have had sergeants that prided themselves in being able to offend recruits try hard for 3 months at Parris Island to live up to that goal. I survived that, I can live with being poked at about my lack of grammatical skills.

Gary

"I'm sensing a little sarcasm here. Will stop at that for now."

Better watch that sarcasm - the above quote is what I got for using sarcasm on this site.