IGNORED

Who wants a new windshield?

Freebird

This is a great opportunity - Thanks F4! Most on here are much more deserving than me. I only ride about 4-5,000 a year. On the other hand, I am very honest (see - if I wasn't honest, I would have said I ride 30k a year through snow, dust storms and tornado's!) and opinionated. My current shield is just about toast and I've looked longingly at the F4 for some time now.

Thanks again and good luck to all!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love the opportunity to evaluate this windshield. I own a 2000 RSV Millennium edition, so the windshield would look very nice in photo ops. I ride my bike 26 miles a day, back and forth to work and I enjoy blasting the local backroads every weekend. I have a trip planned this spring, to Pigeon Forge, where I have 3 awesome rides already mapped out, including Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon. (did I mention photo ops?)

Most importantly, I NEED a windshield. (why give one to someone who doesn't need it?) When I bought my RSV, it had a little short, cut down windshield on it. I am much taller than the guy I bought it from, so it didn't do much "wind shielding" for me. It also came with an extra windshield that is tinted green and REALLY tall. It's hard to justify (to wifey) buying a new windshield, when I already have two in good condition.

My writing/evaluating skills are decent. Read my restaurant evaluations at: UrbanSpoon http://www.urbanspoon.com/u/profile/823787/dangerousdana.html

Lastly, I would just like to say that Free is my favorite price. :sign woo hoo:

Thank you, kindly. dana

I'll put my name in the hat for this deal. My windshield is in really poor shape because.... like Kbran.... it is subject to a lot of wear/tear from the Loozeeanner conditions. :shock3:

One condition on this for me tho....If it turns out that my buddy Squid needs a windshield for his Venture I'd gladly give the windshield to him for his scoot.

Boomer....who sez he kin trade off 6 or so pygmies on this deal too....:whistling:

Holy cow! The list is exciting and I love hearing your stories! I will check back until Friday, then make a difficult decision. The response is beyond anything we expected, and the "bikesmanship" is tremendous fun!

Stories you wait till Friday it will take you a month to read them all.

:fingers-crossed-emo

Stroker ace "Dang, didn't know I needed to tell stories or coat things so to speak guess I'll have regroup."

You could always go back and edit what you wrote...

Man o'Day...This could get INTERESTING.... I'm gonna go get my neopreme waders on...:duck: and sunshades...LOL

Try including something about Grandma a dog and a train....

Edited by CaptainJoe

Stroker ace "Dang, didn't know I needed to tell stories or coat things so to speak guess I'll have regroup."

You could always go back and edit what you wrote...

Man o'Day...This could get INTERESTING.... I'm gonna go get my neopreme waders on...:duck: and sunshades...LOL

Try including something about Grandma a dog and a train....

Yeah, I know I can edit but dang some of the stories that can get told. I was thinking more like a scuba tank with this crowd. You got pygmies and craw fish and then the love bugs just don't know how I can compete even though I did break my windshield clean off hitting a hawk on one of these east TN back roads. There is hope :fingers-crossed-emo

I grew up a country boy, poor as poor could be,

It instilled in me Real Values, now days you just don't see.

It was rough growing up in WV, life always had its spills,

I have one leg shorter than the other, the Dr says from climbing these hills

60,000 miles per year I average, on the ole RSV it seems,

I don't want to be misleading, 50,000 miles of that is Dreams.

I heard of the F-4 windshield, about a year and a half ago,

Sold earthworms, eggs and chickens, trying to save up enough dough.

I wanted one of the F-4s badly, just almost enough to beg,

Indeed a lucky Hillbilly, had an old hen lay a golden egg.

On the phone I quickly placed my order, was truely a lucky man,

48 hours later I felt special, I had the F-4 in my hand.

Now 7800 miles later, I'm still happy as a man can be,

Riding a grinnin most all the time, By George now I can see.

They must make them with feathers, in the rain it does so well,

The F-4 disperses water, just like an old Ducks Tail

Cleaning is no big problem, as with the old shields it could be,

Spray on the Gleme and wipe it off, kinda simple now you see.

But the F-4 has a problem, looks like Don Frank would know,

Every bee that wants to greet me, through the vent holes its butt will go.

I already have an F-4 and love it....so don't put me on the list. I hope whoever gets this shield enjoys it as much as I do mine.

I just wanted to get some practice...maybe sometime I will want to WIN!! :no-no-no:

Fred

Stroker ace"You got pygmies and craw fish and then the love bugs just don't know how I can compete even though I did break my windshield clean off hitting a hawk on one of these east TN back roads. There is hope :fingers-crossed-emo "

Well theres your angle.... need something strong enough to prevent Hawk attacks...lol

On the serious side though... If you truly want durability feed back, just pick someone that has to deal with those love bugs everyday. They are the worst thing in the world to get off of your bike and I believe thats how I scratched my stock shield up.

Edited by CaptainJoe

pickenfred"F-4?

I grew up a country boy, poor as poor could be,

It instilled in me Real Values, now days you just don't see.

It was rough growing up in WV, life always had its spills,

I have one leg shorter than the other, the Dr says from climbing these hills

60,000 miles per year I average, on the ole RSV it seems,

I don't want to be misleading, 50,000 miles of that is Dreams.

I heard of the F-4 windshield, about a year and a half ago,

Sold earthworms, eggs and chickens, trying to save up enough dough.

I wanted one of the F-4s badly, just almost enough to beg,

Indeed a lucky Hillbilly, had an old hen lay a golden egg.

On the phone I quickly placed my order, was truely a lucky man,

48 hours later I felt special, I had the F-4 in my hand.

Now 7800 miles later, I'm still happy as a man can be,

Riding a grinnin most all the time, By George now I can see.

They must make them with feathers, in the rain it does so well,

The F-4 disperses water, just like an old Ducks Tail

Cleaning is no big problem, as with the old shields it could be,

Spray on the Gleme and wipe it off, kinda simple now you see.

But the F-4 has a problem, looks like Don Frank would know,

Every bee that wants to greet me, through the vent holes its butt will go.

I already have an F-4 and love it....so don't put me on the list. I hope whoever gets this shield enjoys it as much as I do mine.

I just wanted to get some practice...maybe sometime I will want to WIN!! :no-no-no:

Fred "

You didn't happen to set that all to music did you? Sounds like lyrics to me:whistling:

well, let's give it a shot........

moved from Seattle to Phoenix in July 2004 (yea - not a great time to move into the oven).

Commute was 49 miles each way - in hand-me-down 1980 Lincoln Town Car...

Sent wife on vacation and began to search for a new commute vehicle.

looked at Toyota, Ford, Chevy, etc....

on a whim, stopped by a Yamaha dealer....

2 hours later I left on a new 04 STAR 1100 classic....(wife -former EMT & ER Tech- was not thrilled)..

Anyway - 3 years and 71,000 miles later...wife talked me into an 07 RSV.

Been riding it daily with road-trips to Chattanoga, Hot Springs Arkansas, Seattle, Billings Mt. and several quick over-nights to watch the Raiders... (yea-- i know-- everyone has a bad few-decades...)

Still have a few months left on the 5 year warranty....

On the commute this morning the odometer turned over to 108,000 and still running strong....

179,000 miles just over 7 years.. not bad....

And the winner is? Ya I know, gotta give em a chance to sort thou the posts and pick someone.

Larry

Larry, how bad would the anxiety be if you didn't have an F-4 and was on the list ?

Its Killing me and I'm not in the race!!!

I can't imagine the uncertainty.

Fred

Its over.I missed it. I don't get a chance to pitch my lies, eeerrr story.........Dang, A day late and a dollar short ...again :bawling:......I guess I shouldn't have volunteered "ALL" of last week at the nursing home fixing up all those wobbly wheels on those old timers scoots.....:fiddle: I could use a new windshield, mine fell off on the way to the nursing home...:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by BIG TOM

Larry, how bad would the anxiety be if you didn't have an F-4 and was on the list ?

Its Killing me and I'm not in the race!!!

I can't imagine the uncertainty.

Fred

Ya you know exactly what I mean. :rotf:

I think Dave at F-4 should milk this a couple more days at the least. That'll just about kill these guys. :stirthepot:

Larry

Its over.I missed it. I don't get a chance to pitch my lies, eeerrr story.........Dang, A day late and a dollar short ...again :bawling:......I guess I shouldn't have volunteered "ALL" of last week at the nursing home fixing up all those wobbly wheels on those old timers scoots.....:fiddle: I could use a new windshield, mine fell off on the way to the nursing home...:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I heard it got knocked off in the parking lot of a 31 Flavors ....:ICcool: :ICcool:

:ice_yaw-vi121414111