IGNORED

No more V Max?

debelt

I agree with ruffrider. I heard that the revamped Vmax would come out after a 1 year hiatus. Mama Yama spent alot of time and money doing survays on the new platform for them to trash the bike all togather. Rod

http://www.starvmax.com/content/view/19/2/

This article focuses on the all new Otodama engine - the code name for the all mighty beast that will be the heart of the New 2008/2009 Star VMax. It is believed to come with 1800cc in the V4 configurations known from the first generation Vmax. Thats however where all similarities end. The Otodama engine should be capable of producing up to 210bhp from its 4 x 450cc pistons. 1800cc is about 110ci for those of you comparing it to other power cruisers. Thats also as much as you want to compared it to anything else. The new Vmax is about to redefine the definition of Power.

while ago was artcle about V max 210++ HP to much to handle, so they have to detune engine, before put'em in mass prodiction.

V-Max will be king of musle bikes again.

Wow, makes you wonder if a detuned version of this new motor is in the RSV's future. Makes perfect sense to me. Wouldn't that be great.

horse power,who needs that mutch,my 1300 and 1200,gets me any place i want to go,can avg 60 -70- 80 mph,what i want is a lot better GAS MILAGE,say 60 to 70 mpg,right now it costes 7 to 10 cents a mile to ride,cut that i half,would realy impress me,mite even look at a 2 gen

:detective::stirthepot::confused24:

That's the way I feel too Lowell. It would be great if Yamaha de-tuned the Otodama motor and put it into a touring bike. Sort of role reversal. The first v-max was a muscle-modified 1200. Maybe this time they'll take that 210hp motor, bring the hp down to something more manegable with FI that is tuned for mpg and stuff it into an RSV. Nothing beats low end torque like cubic inches.

Guest tx2sturgis
Wow, makes you wonder if a detuned version of this new motor is in the RSV's future. Makes perfect sense to me. Wouldn't that be great.

If so...it better have a big gas tank...cuz it's prolly gonna get only about 18 MPG.

If so...it better have a big gas tank...cuz it's prolly gonna get only about 18 MPG.

Why? I have a 5.7 liter Vortec injected Suburban that's pulling 21+ mpg at 80-85mph. The best I've ever gotten out of a small block GM motor, and I've had a lot of them. Computor controls, new technology, and FI can do some great things. Even with large displacement motors.

Once again, the no horsepower people are looking down their noses at those who like a lot of horsepower. If you want better gas mileage and don't care about horsepower, go get a scooter.

Dang, I don't see that at all???? But that's taking it from one extreme to the other. What ever happen to a happy medium? Middle of the road? Adiquate? All of a sudden because someone isn't horse power happy it means they don't want any performance at all. Common.........

Once again, the no horsepower people are looking down their noses at those who like a lot of horsepower. If you want better gas mileage and don't care about horsepower, go get a scooter.
I don't think there are any no horsepower people. There is nothing wrong with more horsepower or doing modifications to gain it if thats what you like to do. Many people never use all the available power in any of there vehicles and would prefer better fuel economy than the extra power. If they made a venture with 600hp that would get 200mpg everybody would love it but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Talking to the local Yamaha Rep that deals with my area he said that the V-Max was under testing and that they found something that they did not like so instead of releasing then having to do a recall they delayed it for a year.. What he told me is that any new bike Yamaha/Star puts out goes through about 36 months worth of testing before going out to the public.

I don't think the V-Max Frame, ( old style tubular ) and suspension system was Up to handling the Horse Power.

Maby, just good enough, however if you start adding more HP, the the Frame ( and suspension system ) would not be up to the task. Far from it.