IGNORED

Little Guy 5 wide too big?

etcswjoe

It would be a load for the trailer hitch. I haven't seen a trailer hitch for a motorcycle rated for a 2" ball. Quite a load even if it had electric brakes I would be hard pressed to pull it. Think about the weight, it would be like pulling you and your wife/girl friend plus six or more others.

:farmer:

I think it would be to big even for my trike. Don't forget about sail surface. It could blow you over in a side wind. I,m looking at a couple of used Time out tent trailers tomorrow,they weigh in at under 300lbs and are made for towing with a bike. they are roomy and are off the ground. Both are $2000.00 or less. hoping less.

I think it would be to big even for my trike. Don't forget about sail surface. It could blow you over in a side wind. I,m looking at a couple of used Time out tent trailers tomorrow,they weigh in at under 300lbs and are made for towing with a bike. they are roomy and are off the ground. Both are $2000.00 or less. hoping less.

Think that may be the way to go, Little Guy Trailers responded to my question and said they would not recommend it.

I have seen a Second Gen. regularly pull a folding tent trailer that weighed 420 lbs. fully loaded, but basically, that bike NEVER came out of 4th gear. Brake pads lasted less than half as long, and the clutch diaphragm spring went Bye Bye at 19,000 miles. The R1 brake upgrade and the Clutch Spring Upgrade Kit along with the VMAX final drive solved these problems for the owner of this bike, but if you doubled the weight of the trailer, there is no way you would be able to stop it safely. You want to be shopping in the 300 lb. range empty, and then plan on doing some mods to the brakes and clutch unless you just want to park this rig in your garage and polish it all the time! A deal isn't a deal if it isn't PRACTICAL! If you don't believe me, go look in your wife's closet, and count the pairs of shoes! I rest my case!:crackup:

Earl

970 pounds wa-a-a-a-y too much weight! Add your gear and you are looking at 100+ pounds tongue weight. How would you stop it, drag your feet? You certainly could not deal with an emergency/avoidance situation.

Unless you have something else to pull it, it's not a bargain if you can't use it. No way should you use it behind a motorcycle. I doubt if your hitch/mount would handle that much stress. There is absolutely no way to tow it safely behind a motorcycle. :2cents:

You can build it out of very light weight materials.

trailer/camper & bed 225 lbs (42"X6.5')

everything from Home Depot/Harbor fright trailer

project for the winter months, sell this trailer and start on mine. Darn trailer has been sitting in the garage for 8 months in the box:mo money:

The Little Guy trailer might be OK for a triked RSV but even then it'd be quit a heavy load to be behind you. Like Doc says more wear and tear on clutches & brakes. Just pulling my small teardrop trailer at 300 lb + load is all I ever want behind me.

For a small car or truck I think that Little Guy would be great.

Larry

Theres no such a thing as a dumb question.

A rule of thumb for towing is you need 10% of the weight of your trailer on the tongue....

Working backwards 45lb. max. toungue weight for our ventures? would give you a

Max. trailer weight, fully loaded and balanced of 450 lbs.

Must use a scale to do this... believe you can use a typical bathroom scale

The problem is if you don't get the 10% on the tongue it is probably aft heavy...Have you ever seen a dog wagging its tail? well the problem is with an incorrectly balanced trailer you never know it till you either hit the magic speed... say 55 mph or a pothole

being your on a bike makes it worse as far as consequences go...

You have a Merry Christmas my friend...

Hey Joe, I might have a line on a "95" full size Timeout, If the guy ever gets back to me. I bought the smaller version today. Price was right. this other one that i heard about has some extras but he will not go below $2000.00. Considering they are around $4000.00 plus new I guess thats a far price.