IGNORED

SS engine side covers

Marcarl

This is to see if there is any interest in having engine side covers made.

The part #s would be: 41R-21731-00-00 and 41R-21741-00-00.

They are a 1st gen part only.

Will be made from Mirror Finish 18 gauge Stainless.

The right side will not be dimpled for the screws, but I figure a couple of nylon washers glued in place should work just fine.

Cost would be about $100.00 for the pair and may include shipping. It maybe cheaper, depending on how many we need. We just worked out a maximum price today.

The ones shown are chrome, so for identification only.

He could make the inserts for the side covers as well. My guess would be that the material cost would be higher but the labor a little less, so I would guess about the same for them, but if there is interest I would be willing to double check just to make sure.

If I remember right when I switched mine from black to chrome, i think I needed to change the brackets behind that the covers bolt to. It might be something to double check when mocking up a set, I apologize that I cant remember for sure.

Brian

Yeah, you're right Brian. There's a bracket needed to mount to the left side.

Yeah, you're right Brian. There's a bracket needed to mount to the left side.

I thought so, I think it was a slightly longer bracket and moved the holes farther apart on the left side plate.

Or if they are making up their own ss plates, they can just use the black plastic ones for the pattern and then they will bolt right up,.

Brian

So what's so different about that bracket,,,,, I'm missing something here.

Sorry Carl :think:

I cant remember whats different but I do remember trying to bolt up the new chrome piece where the black one was and it would match up (I think bolt holes were farther apart,but I am not sure)

When I changed out the bracket sent with the chrome stuff it fit fine.

Brian

Sorry if I am confusing things here, i just wanted to ensure that when you made up the new SS plates, you would use a copy of the black plastic plates.

If you use the chrome as a template they wont fit on the left side without changing the bracket. (at least thats the way it was on my 85)

Brian

Sorry if I am confusing things here, i just wanted to ensure that when you made up the new SS plates, you would use a copy of the black plastic plates.

If you use the chrome as a template they wont fit on the left side without changing the bracket. (at least thats the way it was on my 85)

Brian

Thanks for the heads up. What I priced out and used were my chrome plates, but it seems I'll have to find a buddy who still has the plastic ones and so be able to cross match them first. I'll do that,,, then get back here.

WAYNE????????

Ok, I think I got it done,,,, so far.

Engine cover plates, both sides, 18ga mirror stainless, laser cut.

Bracket for left side, 12ga plain stainless. You can't see it so no need for mirror.

4 x stainless 10\24 screws. You'll need to tap out the right side to #24 thread.

2 x1\2" nylon spacers to adjust the right side out so that it fits flat

Shipping to US or Canada

If I get one order the cost will be $150.00 for the package.

If I get 10 orders the cost drops to $105.00