IGNORED

SS engine side covers

Marcarl

OK another silly question.

Is there a reason that you are using #10-24 screws and the need to tap out the holes instead of the metric ones that fit the existing hole?

I found that SS metrics were hard to find but not the SS10\24. So I experimented with the 10\24s. The threads seems to go in perfectly and the screw holds tight. Going this route, both sides would have the same screw, and they would be stainless so less chance to strip out the phillips head.

Open for discussion.

Carl

• 1 month later...
Is this dead? Are we going ahead with this? What are ya doin' Carl, forging the steel by hand? :stickpoke:

Just askin'.

NOPE not dead,,, just spending tooooo much time on the 'puter checking out the brothers making sure they don't get themselves into kaka.

I'll get at it soon enough. Got to get a prototype made first.

NOPE not dead,,, just spending tooooo much time on the 'puter checking out the brothers making sure they don't get themselves into kaka.

I'll get at it soon enough. Got to get a prototype made first.

Ok, that's great news! I had images in my mind of you pumping the bellows to stoke the fire so you could melt the iron ore to hand forge these things. Thought maybe you could use more firewood. :rotf:

Ok, that's great news! I had images in my mind of you pumping the bellows to stoke the fire so you could melt the iron ore to hand forge these things. Thought maybe you could use more firewood. :rotf:

It's not the firewood,,, but I could use that as well,,,, it's them dang bellows, getting harder to pump each day,,, maybe I need some help:think: