IGNORED

Well guess what I've had?

sarges46

Very early Tuesday morning (0130) I had to drag Marilyn out of bed to take my sorry butt to the ER. Turns out I was having a bad gall bladder attack. (I wasn't dying..just wishing I would!)

10 hours later I got out feeling a little better. Skipped bus driving for Wed and was back at it Thursday/Friday.

Sat morning I took Marilyn to clinic as our family doc was there and she needed to see him regarding Scans on her kidney stones.

She tricked me and booked me in to see him at the time she was checking in.

Well this was at 11am. By 1345 I was strapped on a gourney and being wheeled into the OR!!

Got my gall bladder removed and was sent home at 430 that evening! Now the healing starts I guess!

So...fellow gall bladderless people....what does this mean in terms of eating and avoiding stuff?

Please dont tell I can't eat ice cream any more!:223::cry::smilies6:

Eat anything you want Rick. I've been eating everything in sight since I got rid of mine couple months ago. After I got pancreas back on track. Ny Gall Bladder had rotted away and in doing so it inflamed my pancreas. That was same feeling as Gall Bladder attack but I didn't have one. If your Gall Bladder was intac when they yanked it you should be good to go.

Thanks Dan

So far I have put myself on a reduced fat diet. And my pancreas seems to be a little offended by all the action and is a little sensitive....or its my liver but I still have a little "pressure" in that area.

Got some pain meds and anti-biotics to take for a week.

Hi Sarge,

Had mine out in 1996---just one of the parts that this old body has had taken out! Words of advice is to take it easy for a few months and re-introduce yourself slowly to all the good stuff we all love---let's see--gravy, fried foods, dairy, alcohol....!!

Take 'er easy--Ginny

:bighug:

Very early Tuesday morning (0130) I had to drag Marilyn out of bed to take my sorry butt to the ER. Turns out I was having a bad gall bladder attack. (I wasn't dying..just wishing I would!)

10 hours later I got out feeling a little better. Skipped bus driving for Wed and was back at it Thursday/Friday.

Sat morning I took Marilyn to clinic as our family doc was there and she needed to see him regarding Scans on her kidney stones.

She tricked me and booked me in to see him at the time she was checking in.

Well this was at 11am. By 1345 I was strapped on a gourney and being wheeled into the OR!!

Got my gall bladder removed and was sent home at 430 that evening! Now the healing starts I guess!

So...fellow gall bladderless people....what does this mean in terms of eating and avoiding stuff?

Please dont tell I can't eat ice cream any more!:223::cry::smilies6:

Not a darn thing!

It varies by the doc. Mine said I needed to follow a low carb, low fat diet similar to diabetics or I was going to gain alot of weight after surgery, he wasn't kidding! Some people have IBS like troubles after losing the gall bladder. I experienced less tolerance to alcoholic beverages and read that happens to some people. Best advice is take it easy and keep the fat grams to less than 30/day and keep a food journal for the next year, keep track if any foods or drinks make you ill.

When I went back with pancreas they kept me for 5 days with only ice chips twice a day. That ain't fun!!When the pancreas gets upset it can really mess with everything else. GOOD LUCK!!

Been there, done that.

Thanks to Pancreatitis, I can never drink alcohol again. EVER.

Rick Good to hear your on the mend. Pinky was having trouble a few years ago and they couldn't find anything wrong until she had a gal bladder attack on the ultrsound table. They checked further and she had a twisted intestine. Off to the surgon and they cut about two feet of intestine out to get rid of the loop and took her gal bladder too. Now she is good to go, except she says if she eats to much fatty or fast food she suffers a bit. Other than that she is good to go.